Pete Namlook (1960-2012)

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Insvims wrote:It would be good to read a few words from Klaus Schulze on this tragic loss. After all they made 11 albums together (Namlook's longest collaboration with any artist maybe...?).
I see the KS web site was updated November 22, but no mention of Pete Namlook.

No mention of a release date for Shadowlands either.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

was a bit gutted not to see anything mentioned from Mixmaster Morris either apart from a link that Namlook was dead on his FB page.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:It would be good to read a few words from Klaus Schulze on this tragic loss. After all they made 11 albums together (Namlook's longest collaboration with any artist maybe...?).
I see the KS web site was updated November 22, but no mention of Pete Namlook.

Yes, strange behaviour by Klaus.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Nice video put together by Move D showing all the albums he did with Pete, one of my fave tracks as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjyiEH83AUY
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

cantosis wrote:Nice video put together by Move D showing all the albums he did with Pete, one of my fave tracks as well.

Here I have to be brutally honest. Some of Pete's stuff i quite like....for a couple of minutes, but then it goes on and on and on in the same vein for too long.
This track for example would be rather good if it was 12 minutes shorter... too much repetition and not enough progress made through the track.

Apologies to those who disagree...............just IMHO
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
cantosis wrote:Nice video put together by Move D showing all the albums he did with Pete, one of my fave tracks as well.

Here I have to be brutally honest. Some of Pete's stuff i quite like....for a couple of minutes, but then it goes on and on and on in the same vein for too long.
This track for example would be rather good if it was 12 minutes shorter... too much repetition and not enough progress made through the track.

Of the Namlook cd's I own there are a handful that I don't like Ambient music is ok but some of petes are too much for my taste..
har

Post by har »

Superb track. Don't have that one. I love it.

Will have to check out the youtube stuff.

Cheers for posting.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:

I do agree to a point. some tracks do go on and on without much variation others have subtle changes which work nicely. each to their own ;-)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Has anyone heard anything about FAX and the possible future? its been almost a month since his death, I guess its still too early for them to decide what the next step is going to be
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Just broke the sellophane on what will probably be the last of Petes albums I'll buy ..unless theres any unreleased music put out posthumousley. The album is Vitrual Vices V bought on e bay and was still sealed..unfortunately there is only one disc which is the surround ..there is no stereo disc...First time this has happened to me that there is a disc missing.. :cry: I contacted the seller and hopefully he will send another complete copy.
cantosis

Re: Pete Namlook (1960-2012)

Post by cantosis »

I cant believe its a year since his sad passing. I have spent much of the day listening to his music, reading my emails and looking through the various cards he sent. I still find it hard to believe that FAX is no more and that I will not get a HERMES package delivered anymore. With Pete it wasn't just the music and that's what makes it even more sadder. still at least his music lives on, that is something.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

A sad loss but his music is still there. I ordered the box set being prepared..It contains 8 discs and is soooo well packaged dont know when it will be ready though. All profits go to Peters family and its limited to 500 copies..
24db

Post by 24db »

Gone, but certainly not forgotten. Pete's legacy will live on.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I have ordered the tribute box too. Looks really nice on pre-view pictures.
Pete is missed.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Insvims wrote:I have ordered the tribute box too. Looks really nice on pre-view pictures.
Pete is missed.
Yes I emailed Dave who is puting it together and it looks like it should be with us before Christmas. 8)