Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:24 pm 

Insvims wrote:
It would be good to read a few words from Klaus Schulze on this tragic loss. After all they made 11 albums together (Namlook's longest collaboration with any artist maybe...?).
I see the KS web site was updated November 22, but no mention of Pete Namlook.

No mention of a release date for Shadowlands either.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:56 pm 

was a bit gutted not to see anything mentioned from Mixmaster Morris either apart from a link that Namlook was dead on his FB page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:07 pm 

Insvims wrote:
It would be good to read a few words from Klaus Schulze on this tragic loss. After all they made 11 albums together (Namlook's longest collaboration with any artist maybe...?).
I see the KS web site was updated November 22, but no mention of Pete Namlook.

Yes, strange behaviour by Klaus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:35 pm 

Nice video put together by Move D showing all the albums he did with Pete, one of my fave tracks as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjyiEH83AUY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:20 am 

cantosis wrote:
Nice video put together by Move D showing all the albums he did with Pete, one of my fave tracks as well.

Here I have to be brutally honest. Some of Pete's stuff i quite like....for a couple of minutes, but then it goes on and on and on in the same vein for too long.
This track for example would be rather good if it was 12 minutes shorter... too much repetition and not enough progress made through the track.

Apologies to those who disagree...............just IMHO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:18 pm 

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
cantosis wrote:

Here I have to be brutally honest. Some of Pete's stuff i quite like....for a couple of minutes, but then it goes on and on and on in the same vein for too long.
This track for example would be rather good if it was 12 minutes shorter... too much repetition and not enough progress made through the track.

Of the Namlook cd's I own there are a handful that I don't like Ambient music is ok but some of petes are too much for my taste..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm 

cantosis wrote:

Superb track. Don't have that one. I love it.

Will have to check out the youtube stuff.

Cheers for posting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:59 pm 

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
cantosis wrote:

I do agree to a point. some tracks do go on and on without much variation others have subtle changes which work nicely. each to their own ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:00 pm 

Has anyone heard anything about FAX and the possible future? its been almost a month since his death, I guess its still too early for them to decide what the next step is going to be

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:01 pm 

Just broke the sellophane on what will probably be the last of Petes albums I'll buy ..unless theres any unreleased music put out posthumousley. The album is Vitrual Vices V bought on e bay and was still sealed..unfortunately there is only one disc which is the surround ..there is no stereo disc...First time this has happened to me that there is a disc missing.. :cry: I contacted the seller and hopefully he will send another complete copy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:13 pm 

I cant believe its a year since his sad passing. I have spent much of the day listening to his music, reading my emails and looking through the various cards he sent. I still find it hard to believe that FAX is no more and that I will not get a HERMES package delivered anymore. With Pete it wasn't just the music and that's what makes it even more sadder. still at least his music lives on, that is something.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:57 pm 

A sad loss but his music is still there. I ordered the box set being prepared..It contains 8 discs and is soooo well packaged dont know when it will be ready though. All profits go to Peters family and its limited to 500 copies..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:02 pm 

Gone, but certainly not forgotten. Pete's legacy will live on.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:30 pm 

I have ordered the tribute box too. Looks really nice on pre-view pictures.
Pete is missed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:26 pm 

Insvims wrote:
I have ordered the tribute box too. Looks really nice on pre-view pictures.
Pete is missed.

Yes I emailed Dave who is puting it together and it looks like it should be with us before Christmas. 8)

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...) All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ] 

Jump to: