RIP Donner Summer

redziller
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

RIP Donner Summer

Post by redziller »

I shall be singing I Feel Love over Mota Atma in tribute - shame though

(no disrespect intended at all)
Last edited by redziller on Fri May 18, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

In my early early teen years "I Feel Love" would be played multiple times a night down at the local disco,it was hugely popular as were very many of her other hit songs. Truly great music from Giorgio Moroder and an extremely talented singer made up a great team.

According to David Bowie, then in the middle of recording of his Berlin Trilogy with Brian Eno, its impact on the genre's direction was recognized early on:
“ One day in Berlin,Eno came running in and said, ''I have heard the sound of the future.'' ... he puts on 'I Feel Love', by Donna Summer ... He said, ''This is it, look no further. This single is going to change the sound of club music for the next fifteen years.'' Which was more or less right.

R-I-P Donna Summer,a great talent.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Please change the headline name.

RIP Donna Summer. Giorgio Moroder and Harold Faltermeyer did wonders for her career.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

RIP Donna.

Not a fan of her music but I certainly have fond memories of being in night clubs and having a rollicking good time to her music. I have one memory of a girlfriend bopping away to Donna Summer whilst wearing a ra ra skirt.... sigh. Happy days.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

I have one memory of a girlfriend bopping away to Donna Summer whilst wearing a ra ra skirt.
You or her in the ra ra :? :shock: :lol: :lol:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
I have one memory of a girlfriend bopping away to Donna Summer whilst wearing a ra ra skirt.
:D ROFL :D

Ohhh!!! Definitely her. Close my eyes and I can picture her. Got to be over 30 years ago now. Double sigh.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
:lol: