Muso's

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Muso's

Post by timer »

It would be nice to hear about the various musical talents of the TD Barmy Army members.
I'll Start off:

I have played guitar for 27 years, after grade 4 piano, I don't read music either !.
I play in a local band that does one 'nostalgic' gig a year, but with the full monty of decent PA and lighting, and of which Ive written the majority of music.
I have a Tascam 2488 for recording at home along with a couple of keys drum machine etc.
I hope to get some new music down this year as I haven't quite made a full CD yet, so really have little to show for my efforts.
24db

Post by 24db »

Played synths for 26 years on and off (currently off ;))...I've moved into other artforms since
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

No musical ability whatsoever. Can't even sing.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Cannot play a thing and my singing empties the room :(
endorphin

Post by endorphin »

I've learnt to play the bass back in the late 80's and a few years ago learnt to play guitar (after overcoming the mental block about there being six strings and me only having four fingers!). I've played in a few local bands in my time but nothing particularly serious.

Regarding electronic music, I've no desire to buy any gear of my own - I'm quite happy just listening to it and enjoying the music and just drifting off somewhere nice with it. The trouble with being a musician is that sometimes it's difficult to switch off when trying to listen to music or watch someone live - It was all too easy for me to find myself lapsing back into muso mode and analysing a piece of music to try and pick out what the bass player's doing or debating what key it's in.
Janus

Post by Janus »

was lucky enough when in teens (many many moons ago :roll: ) to be at Nemo Studios with Vangelis (Albedo album on and off to Bladerunner)
long story but opened my eyes to electronic music previously had classical violin thrust in hand with lessons to boot from 6 upwards (had basically put me off music all together!!) Started solo career creating musical soundscapes by way of albums for role-playing market of the time
(Dungeons & Dragons) 4 albums mainly stateside keep me off the dole for a number of years :wink: highs & lows usual story ripped off badly,
lost interest etc regained several years back and begain doing solo works based on ufo/paranormal topics, Roswell, S.E.T.I., still tinkering on trying to make it pay this time to give up me day job, currently been working for Paramount Pctures & Dreamworks in London, (maintenance not music :roll: )although have met few possibly good future contacts...the future is orange,and if it dont work this time it'll still be Tangerine Dream :wink:
Last edited by Janus on Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:No musical ability whatsoever. Can't even sing.
Me Neither I have a guitar which is currently at the back of a cupboard. I haven't got th patience to sit down and learn how to play it. I used to have a very cheap keyboard but it was more or less just a toy.
timer

Post by timer »

Janus wrote:was lucky enough when in teens (many many moons ago :roll: ) to be at Nemo Studios with Vangelis (Albedo album on and off to Bladerunner)
long story but opened my eyes to electronic music previously had classical violin thrust in hand with lessons to boot from 6 upwards (had basically put me off music all together!!) Started solo career creating musical soundscapes by way of albums for role-playing market of the time
(Dungeons & Dragons) 4 albums mainly stateside keep me off the dole for a number of years :wink: highs & lows usual story ripped off badly,
lost interest etc regained several years back and begain doing solo works based on ufo/paranormal topics, Roswell, S.E.T.I., still tinkering on trying to make it pay this time to give up me day job, currently been working for Paramount Pctures & Dreamworks in London, (maintenance not music :roll: )although meet few possibly good future contacts...the future is orange,and if it dont work this time it'll still be Tangerine Dream :wink:
Chris i bet that was some experience being in the Nemo studio with the big greek meistro.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

endorphin wrote:I've learnt to play the bass back in the late 80's and a few years ago learnt to play guitar (after overcoming the mental block about there being six strings and me only having four fingers!).
My brother is seriously into the guitar, check out his blog spot:
http://truthinshredding.blogspot.com/
Can be useful once in a while. He put me in touch with Milan Polak who once played guitar for TD at a show in LA many years ago. We had a very interesting conversation with him about TD and sent him a copy of the Tangerine Tree recording of the show.
Janus

Post by Janus »

It was certainly a mind blowing Time tim thats for sure one of the most treasured memories a complete genius as is Edgar :wink: (Did you know Mr Papathanassiou was hanging out with Dali around the same time as Mr Froese and both prior to their exploration into electronic music, not sure if they ever met but boy lets try get them together (bit like BM & Colin did :wink: )
timer

Post by timer »

Janus wrote:It was certainly a mind blowing Time tim thats for sure one of the most treasured memories a complete genius as is Edgar :wink: (Did you know Mr Papathanassiou was hanging out with Dali around the same time as Mr Froese and both prior to their exploration into electronic music, not sure if they ever met but boy lets try get them together (bit like BM & Colin did :wink: )
Now that would be something Edgar and Vangelis, I can't bear the thought!.
Janus

Post by Janus »

timer wrote:
Janus wrote:It was certainly a mind blowing Time tim thats for sure one of the most treasured memories a complete genius as is Edgar :wink: (Did you know Mr Papathanassiou was hanging out with Dali around the same time as Mr Froese and both prior to their exploration into electronic music, not sure if they ever met but boy lets try get them together (bit like BM & Colin did :wink: )
They've both been involved with Jon Anderson...it would even now be an awesome get together methinks!!! :D
timer

Post by timer »

Janus wrote:
timer wrote:
They've both been involved with Jon Anderson...it would even now be an awesome get together methinks!!! :D
I would think if it was to happen now that the product would possibly come out Dante side of compostion. But if we could have Vangelis from the Albedo / Spiral period, and Edgar from rubycon - encore period it would be absolutely marvelous !
Janus

Post by Janus »

timer wrote:
Janus wrote:
timer wrote: Now that would be something Edgar and Vangelis, I can't bear the thought!.
I would think if it was to happen now that the product would possibly come out Dante side of compostion. But if we could have Vangelis from the Albedo / Spiral period, and Edgar from rubycon - encore period it would be absolutely marvelous !
How about Chariots Of Ages that would have been good :wink:
timer

Post by timer »

I like it ! but feel weve drifted off thread a bit !