The Return of MERGE

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Return of MERGE

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

For those with good enough memories to remember the duo MERGE, who had a merchandise stall at EMMA I and performed at EMMA II,
you may be interested to note that they have a new website up and running
which contains downloads of their "In The Lap Of The Gods" album, together with the (until now) unreleased follow up, "The Secret Life Of Machines".

Also downloadable are some demos from the "Lap.." sessions and some solo tracks from Steve Pearson.

(All music is in MP3 or FLAC format)

http://www.floatingbrainrecords.com

You need to register in order to access the download section and the forum, but if you like your EM chunky, tuneful and rhythmic this is a place to investigate.

Note> When I registered, the email confirming membership got stuck in my sky.com spam box, so if you don't get a quick reply with the access link, make sure you check your spam-box too
har

Post by har »

Just listened to Secret Life of Machines there.

Some good sounds and tunes. I like trax 1-8 and 12. A bit more beat orientated than my usual taste in EM, but I am enjoying these.

9, 10 and the other two bonus trax are just not my thing.

What like is the "Lap of the Gods" and the solo album ? I am hoping for slightly more ambient :wink:

Cheers for the link and the info :)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

har wrote:Just listened to Secret Life of Machines there.

Some good sounds and tunes. I like trax 1-8 and 12. A bit more beat orientated than my usual taste in EM, but I am enjoying these.

9, 10 and the other two bonus trax are just not my thing.

What like is the "Lap of the Gods" and the solo album ? I am hoping for slightly more ambient :wink:

Cheers for the link and the info :)
More of the same. Ambient - like Mark Shreeve around Legion/Crashead :wink:

Some of the spoken samples used on the Lap.. CD are the same as used on the Secret.. CD.

I know what you mean about a couple of the bonus tracks. Bit too Techno/Rave.

Personally I think Lap Of The Gods is actually a better album overall.

Not yet listened to the solo album
har

Post by har »

Will get Lap tomorrow............the voice samples are excellent btw 8)

Naughtily I have d.eleted tracks 9, 10, and the bonus 13 and 14 on Machines and am left with a really excellent album.

Looking forward to checking the other two out :)
har

Post by har »

Lap of The Gods is superb..............why have I not heard of this before :?

I think the best track is track2 SETI , although they are all good.

Excellent album, hope they release more music like this. Perhaps this is why Merge have re-eMERGEd..................to test the water for new music. Hope so especially if it is like LOTG 8) 8) 8)

Thanks again for the link. :)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Lap of The Gods is superb..............why have I not heard of this before
Probably because they were around for a very short spell and were almost totally unknown when they played the EMMA gig plus they only released the one CD.

If I remember correctly (unusual), they were actually at 2 of the EMMA gigs. At the first one they just had a merchandise stall with a video playing and the CDs on sale. Then the next one they played a set consisting of most (if not all) of the Lap..CD.

Still not got round to playing the solo stuff yet.
Too busy listening to:

B O C - 5 albums in mini-LP sleeves in a card outer case.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

har wrote:Lap of The Gods is superb..............why have I not heard of this before :?

I think the best track is track2 SETI , although they are all good.

Excellent album, hope they release more music like this. Perhaps this is why Merge have re-eMERGEd..................to test the water for new music. Hope so especially if it is like LOTG 8) 8) 8)

Thanks again for the link. :)
Just been listening to the solo tracks. Doppelganger is pretty good, but the rest are too techno/rave for me. Bit like the bonus tracks on the other download