Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...)
Author Message
 Post subject: Book: Synth Gods
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:54 pm
Posts: 1706
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
I just ordered this one. Reportedly, TD is featured along with Vangelis, Jarre, Hammer and lots of others.

Have you read it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Synth-Gods-Erni ... pd_sim_b_4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Book: Synth Gods
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Jon wrote:
I just ordered this one. Reportedly, TD is featured along with Vangelis, Jarre, Hammer and lots of others.

Have you read it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Synth-Gods-Erni ... pd_sim_b_4

I'd be interested in reading a review if you care to post one. Please.

_________________
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Book: Synth Gods
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
Chris Monk wrote:
Jon wrote:
I just ordered this one. Reportedly, TD is featured along with Vangelis, Jarre, Hammer and lots of others.

Have you read it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Synth-Gods-Erni ... pd_sim_b_4

I'd be interested in reading a review if you care to post one. Please.


some online reviews do exist:

http://blogcritics.org/books/article/book-review-keyboard-presents-synth-gods/

http://www.playbackstl.com/book-reviews/10647-edited-by-ernie-rideout--keyboard-presents-synth-gods-backbeat-books

seems it's a compilation of articles from Keyboard Magazine through the ages. Probably quite an interesting read.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Book: Synth Gods
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Jon wrote:
I just ordered this one. Reportedly, TD is featured along with Vangelis, Jarre, Hammer and lots of others.

Have you read it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Synth-Gods-Erni ... pd_sim_b_4

I'd be interested in reading a review if you care to post one. Please.


some online reviews do exist:

http://blogcritics.org/books/article/book-review-keyboard-presents-synth-gods/

http://www.playbackstl.com/book-reviews/10647-edited-by-ernie-rideout--keyboard-presents-synth-gods-backbeat-books

seems it's a compilation of articles from Keyboard Magazine through the ages. Probably quite an interesting read.

Thanks. Sounds interesting.

_________________
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 1979
Location: Banbury
Added to my Christmas wish list.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14865
Location: 1975
better be quick, only one copy left :wink:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 1979
Location: Banbury
bigmoog wrote:
better be quick, only one copy left :wink:


You can always rely on Santa to deliver :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Hyperboreauk wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
better be quick, only one copy left :wink:


You can always rely on Santa to deliver :)

Any good?

_________________
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 1979
Location: Banbury
Chris Monk wrote:
Hyperboreauk wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
better be quick, only one copy left :wink:


You can always rely on Santa to deliver :)

Any good?


Only just started, reading Wendy Carlos chapter very interesting so far.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:54 pm
Posts: 1706
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
I have read more than half the book now. Some interesting chapters, but some of it gets too technical for my taste. I'm into music and album releases, not what kind of equipment any given artist uses. Not a big surprise though, knowing that Keyboard Magazine published these articles.

But for about £10, it is a nice buy and it fits nicely into my library...

And it's SO much better reading a BOOK than reading on a screen...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...) All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage