Bloody Computers.

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Bloody Computers.

Post by sparrow »

I'm typing this from the local library as my computer is riddled with a virus :cry: I won't go into great detail but is because of a spammer seen on this forum last week :oops: say no more.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Sorry to hear that John. I hope you get it sorted soon.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
RemoteViewing81

Post by RemoteViewing81 »

been there... :evil:

now I run ad-aware, spybot search and destroy and AVG 7.5 almost daily.

Good luck!
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

John

I PM'd you some ideas to help from my forum......if that doesnt work, I will send you a CD with the software you need.

either that or beg, borrow or steal a apple mac :wink: :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

My laptop's on its last legs too. The USB port seems to constantly malfunction, even when there's nothing in it. Mind you, it's done years of stirilng service.

Anyway, now hunting for a worthy successor at a good price. Probably a Sony Vaio of some sort before it finally dies. The Vaio screens are good for my line of work, as are the card-readers and small sizes, plus they seem really well built.

Oh, and all my software is PC based, so a Mac is out of the question.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

billythefish wrote:My laptop's on its last legs too. The USB port seems to constantly malfunction, even when there's nothing in it. Mind you, it's done years of stirilng service.

Anyway, now hunting for a worthy successor at a good price. Probably a Sony Vaio of some sort before it finally dies. The Vaio screens are good for my line of work, as are the card-readers and small sizes, plus they seem really well built.

Oh, and all my software is PC based, so a Mac is out of the question.
Vaio's do have nice screens Stephen, but are overpriced. Make sure you shop around and try a few, as you can get more bangs for your buck.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

My computer is in for repair. I downloaded a antivirus programme and was charged 50 quid for something which is more or less another virus.

On friday past I was bored so had a peep at the spammers content and seconds after that things started to go wrong. Anyone clicking on the asswipes posts should avoid altogether. You learn by your mistakes I suppose.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

John

did you receive the MG CD?
...The wise.....are silent.....
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

bigmoog wrote:John

did you receive the MG CD?
Hopefully tomorrow Jon..Cheers mate.
batman

Post by batman »

sparrow wrote:My computer is in for repair. I downloaded a antivirus programme and was charged 50 quid for something which is more or less another virus.

On friday past I was bored so had a peep at the spammers content and seconds after that things started to go wrong. Anyone clicking on the asswipes posts should avoid altogether. You learn by your mistakes I suppose.
Which antivirus programme? Exist many.....
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

AVG as a freebie is excellent.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

batman wrote:
sparrow wrote:My computer is in for repair. I downloaded a antivirus programme and was charged 50 quid for something which is more or less another virus.

It's called winprovirus2007 Theo and isn't what it says it is. :evil:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

batman wrote:

I would warn anyone off Kazpersky (sp?) anti virus, as that had a lot of spyware built in, and disabled my firewall and various other essential operating systems.

It took several weeks and the help of a good friend in the computer security business to rid my laptop of its problems. There is still some dodgy stuff on it, but the firewall is doing its job.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

wayfarer wrote:AVG as a freebie is excellent.
I second that.
batman

Post by batman »

wayfarer wrote:AVG as a freebie is excellent.
I agrre. I use this. But i have and router Linksys with firewall hardware in dsl.
For spyware i use Ad-Aware SE Professional.
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754