9/11 Ten years later

Laserdisc Dream
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

9/11 Ten years later

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Today I post this forum for to remember September 11 2001 America 9-11 well be coming up on Sunday.
That day change ever thing terrorists hijack 4 planes 2 hit at the world trade center one hit at the pentagon
And crash into field near shanks Ville, Pennsylvania 3,000 were lost on that day
This is worst terrorists attack in U.S. History It seen like yesterday I remember on that day.

:!: :arrow:
har

Post by har »

Remember exactly where I was..................

We were sitting with our young family in our hotel room, Hotel Fiesta Don Carlos, Santa Eulalia, Ibiza watching Euronews in complete and utter disbelief and horror :(

Wife's parents plane was in New York air space at that time, we thought it was them. Nightmare, but they were safe.

Still can't understand why humans do such things to fellow humanity...............and still it goes on.............worldwide.

Very sad and depressing.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I can remember clearly where I was, I was sat at my desk where I used to work in the Midlands, and one of my staff came in and said that a plane had just flown into the World Trade Centre. We then went to the staff tea-room to watch the news and they were showing a clip of a building on fire but I realised that it wasn't the WTC but the Pentagon. As we watched the screen, the picture suddenly flicked back to the Twin Towers just as the second plane went in. I don't think I've ever been more shocked by anything before or since. It's something I'll never forget.

I watched a clip of it last night and it was still giving me chills.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
goozer

Post by goozer »

I had just stepped out of the shower when the first report of a plane flying into the World Trade Center Tower 1 came across my radio. I went to the living room, turned on the TV and watched for a few minutes before returning to the bathroom to grab my toothbrush and finish getting ready for work. I returned to the TV, toothbrush in mouth and towel in hand just in time to see the second plane hit WTC Tower 2. I knew at that moment this was deliberate and that it wasn't over yet. I called into work, told them to turn on the TV to see why I'd be a little late coming in, and slowly finished getting ready. As I drove in, listening to the horror unfolding in NY, I watched a plane on approach to Love Field, after the ground stop had been ordered. I wondered if this plane, too, was about to become another deadly missile.

I arrived at my job, and joined the rest of my stunned colleagues in one of the conference rooms. When the station we were watching suddenly switched to a view from Washington, before the announcers could find out what they were showing I said, "That's the Pentagon." For the next 30 minutes, we all watched silently until the WTC Tower 2 collapsed. That's when the spell finally lifted for everyone and the true evil of what we were witnessing bore it's dark fruit.

I composed this on the first anniversary of 9-11, with the intention of creating a video to accompany it. I have never really gone past the initial stages for the video, as I still react so viscerally to the images—my somber mood returns to white-cold rage at what this 7th century cult of death wrought that day. So this song remains as tribute to all who lost their lives on that horrific day, and especially for those who ran towards the catastrophe and showed how selfless sacrifice will always ring eternally over death's empty sting.

http://snd.sc/rhplQq

goozer 8)
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Very nice piece of music goozer. Fits the mood perfectly.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I was actually flying back from Greece with my wife,mum and her partner,sisters,brother. I remember we had a message from the pilot about there maybe being a delay to landing but they never mentioned what was going on(probably wisely). It was only after we got back to victoria station we thought things were strange as the gates were opened unmanned and not many people about.....it was only after we got home and saw the footage on Sky News the horror really hit us.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

I work for United Air Lines at LAX. I start at 6am. But I always get in half an hour early. That day I was getting my cup of Joe when the first plane hit the tower. I thought what just happened. Plane crash? But when the 2nd plane hit, I thought "Oh Sh!t" I work inside (or under the terminal 7). After sitting and watching what was unfolding in front of our eyes it became clear that things were not going to be the same anymore. Those who wanted to leave work early could as those of us who stayed for the 8 hours saw a very empty terminal at 10am. And it remained that way for the next four days. And once they did open the skies up for flying again it was not the same for the next several months at LAX.
Funny thing was I did not work the next several days at LAX, but when I was home and just taking in all the stuff that had just happened, I would be out in my jacuzzi and looking up over the sky (I live under the flight path of the Long Beach airport-I mean I can see the numbers on the planes- that how close the planes are to me. It was very scary not to here and see the planes overhead! For me, to see the planes overhead means freedom! I think we all take life for granted.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!