Classic Rock presents Prog

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:The new one is in the stores now.
Got my copy last week. Nothing much TD related apart from an advert for the two up-coming compilations.

There is a review of Legend in SFX this month and TD get a very very brief mention.
Will get my copy of CRP tomorrow.
Got a pdf from SFX for my ipad. It looks again fantastic, Nice magazine, however I think the SCiFi Now was better. But didn't read that one for ages.
Right. Might try SciFi Now then. Getting a little naffed off with SFX. They are getting a little selective and bizarrely critical.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Got my copy last week. Nothing much TD related apart from an advert for the two up-coming compilations.

There is a review of Legend in SFX this month and TD get a very very brief mention.
Will get my copy of CRP tomorrow.
Got a pdf from SFX for my ipad. It looks again fantastic, Nice magazine, however I think the SCiFi Now was better. But didn't read that one for ages.
Right. Might try SciFi Now then. Getting a little naffed off with SFX. They are getting a little selective and bizarrely critical.
yep, indeed. Looks fantastic everything, but not always very positive.
According to ScifiNow, you can't find any electroninc versions on the web, unfortunately. :(
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote: Will get my copy of CRP tomorrow.
yep, indeed. Looks fantastic everything, but not always very positive.
According to ScifiNow, you can't find any electroninc versions on the web, unfortunately. :(
SFX have been naffing me off for a while now by dissing a lot of the kids films. I think they ought to get jiggy-jiggy with the opposite music and have some kids of their own to realise how priceless these films are.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
hansx

Post by hansx »

The new one is now in the stores:

Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Got my copy last week. Very good but not much TD related stuff.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:Got my copy last week. Very good but not much TD related stuff.
Yep, but cannot call TD progressive, isn't it. :) You will be lucky if they publish some bits of it in such a magazine.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Got my copy last week. Very good but not much TD related stuff.
Yep, but cannot call TD progressive, isn't it. :) You will be lucky if they publish some bits of it in such a magazine.
TD are the ultimate kings of Prog IMHO.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:
Sorry, not for me. These days they are more symphonic rock, but not at all progressive.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote: Yep, but cannot call TD progressive, isn't it. :) You will be lucky if they publish some bits of it in such a magazine.
Sorry, not for me. These days they are more symphonic rock, but not at all progressive.
Yep.

I mean Progressive Rock in the original meaning of the phrase; which, as I understand it, was bands performing new sounds and interesting ways of playing music.

Wikipedia has a nice quote: The Oxford Companion to Music states that progressive rock bands "...explored extended musical structures which involved intricate instrumental patterns and textures and often esoteric subject matter".

-which sums it up quite nicely for me and also describes TD in a nutshell.

For me symphonic rock is played by bands like Stratovarius, Symphony X, Rhapsody, Kamelot, etc, which bare little relation to what TD does.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Woo hoo!!!

The latest edition of CRPP is here and there's a review of the Lowry gig.

...and a good one it is too. There's one or two weak barbs about TD and their audience but overall it's a fairly glowing review. Never thought I'd see that in my life-time.

There are also reviews of the Pink Years and Blue Years anthologies for those that are interested.
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:Woo hoo!!!

...and a good one it is too. There's one or two weak barbs about TD and their audience but overall it's a fairly glowing review. Never thought I'd see that in my life-time.

There are also reviews of the Pink Years and Blue Years anthologies for those that are interested.
Nice one !!

Will defo get this :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Woo hoo!!!

Nice one !!

Will defo get this :)
It's a great edition. Loads of good stuff. Jon Anderson, Yes, Queensryche, Opeth, Dream Theater, to name but a few.
hansx

Post by hansx »

got mine tomorrow.
har

Post by har »

Finally remembered about this!!! and purchased it today.

Away to sit down and give it a skek imminently............ :)
hansx

Post by hansx »

har wrote:Finally remembered about this!!! and purchased it today.

Away to sit down and give it a skek imminently............ :)
Just in time than, the next one is coming this week, I believe. :)