SAGA

Insvims
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

SAGA

Post by Insvims »

Saga wrote:Official Announcement!

To put all the rumours to rest
We are happy to officially announce that
Michael Sadler is once again the Singer and Frontman in Saga!!
The new studio CD and tour news with Michael will be up very soon!

We wish Rob all the best in the future with his new Solo CD!
:shock:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Didn't see that coming at all. Michael Sadler seemed pretty keen to retire from the music business entirely.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Saga and Marillion are rumored to tour together this year. :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Insvims wrote:Saga and Marillion are rumored to tour together this year. :D
I'd love to see that. Hope they're going to be doing some shows in the UK.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
hansx

Post by hansx »

Not unhappy with that. Sadler belongs to Saga and Saga belongs to Sadler.
Very curious about the new cd.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:Not unhappy with that. Sadler belongs to Saga and Saga belongs to Sadler.
I'm glad to see him back but am a little confused. He seemed dead set on retiring from Saga and touring. I wonder what changed.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:Not unhappy with that. Sadler belongs to Saga and Saga belongs to Sadler.
I'm glad to see him back but am a little confused. He seemed dead set on retiring from Saga and touring. I wonder what changed.
here the message on his site:
To my dear friends, fans and family,

Let me begin by saying how touched I am by your overwhelmingly positive reaction to the news of my return to Saga. It’s always good to feel support from one’s friends and family, (fans fall under both categories!) especially at a time when you’re making any kind of life change or decision, and believe me, this was a big one!

Although the facts about “how it all went down” will surely be elaborated upon through the course of the inevitable interviews that will follow, this came about simply because Jim and I stayed in contact after my departure in 2007.

After all, after 30 years of musical and emotional investment, it’s next to impossible not to be at least a little curious about the ripple effect, positive or negative, you may or may not have caused as a direct result of a decision you’ve made.

During the course of a conversation we had some months ago about a few things, musical and otherwise, the topic of Saga came up, and we briefly touched on the notion of what it would be like, hypothetically speaking, if I were to rejoin the band. Nothing serious, just two friends sharing some memories and speculating just for fun.

One thing that we agreed on was that, if and when I ever were to return, it would have to feel like it was exactly the right thing to do and exactly the right time to do it!

While I can’t say for certain that my return, in whatever capacity, was inevitable, what I can say is, that on more than one occasion, I have thought of what it would feel like, to once again record and perform with Saga.

Consequently, during a more recent conversation, Jim said he felt that perhaps the time was right, and after quite a bit of thought …I agreed.

One thing I would like to make clear, considering the implications and impact that my decision would have on my family, I naturally discussed this extensively with my wife, Gwen.

Ultimately we agreed…this is who I am...and this is what I do!

But make no mistake, without her support & belief I know that this decision would not have been made. So, although I am very optimistic about Saga’s future and very happy about my decision to come back, my family is, and will remain, my number one priority.

So there you have it. The “if” has become “yes” and the “when” has become “now”.

I would like to thank you all again for making me feel so welcome. It’s nice to be back!

I’ve missed you…

Michael Sadler
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:here the message on his site:
To my dear friends, fans and family,

Let me begin by saying how touched I am by your overwhelmingly positive reaction to the news of my return to Saga. It’s always good to feel support from one’s friends and family, (fans fall under both categories!) especially at a time when you’re making any kind of life change or decision, and believe me, this was a big one!

Although the facts about “how it all went down” will surely be elaborated upon through the course of the inevitable interviews that will follow, this came about simply because Jim and I stayed in contact after my departure in 2007.

After all, after 30 years of musical and emotional investment, it’s next to impossible not to be at least a little curious about the ripple effect, positive or negative, you may or may not have caused as a direct result of a decision you’ve made.

During the course of a conversation we had some months ago about a few things, musical and otherwise, the topic of Saga came up, and we briefly touched on the notion of what it would be like, hypothetically speaking, if I were to rejoin the band. Nothing serious, just two friends sharing some memories and speculating just for fun.

One thing that we agreed on was that, if and when I ever were to return, it would have to feel like it was exactly the right thing to do and exactly the right time to do it!

While I can’t say for certain that my return, in whatever capacity, was inevitable, what I can say is, that on more than one occasion, I have thought of what it would feel like, to once again record and perform with Saga.

Consequently, during a more recent conversation, Jim said he felt that perhaps the time was right, and after quite a bit of thought …I agreed.

One thing I would like to make clear, considering the implications and impact that my decision would have on my family, I naturally discussed this extensively with my wife, Gwen.

Ultimately we agreed…this is who I am...and this is what I do!

But make no mistake, without her support & belief I know that this decision would not have been made. So, although I am very optimistic about Saga’s future and very happy about my decision to come back, my family is, and will remain, my number one priority.

So there you have it. The “if” has become “yes” and the “when” has become “now”.

I would like to thank you all again for making me feel so welcome. It’s nice to be back!

I’ve missed you…

Michael Sadler
Thank hansx. I'd actually seen that statement but still don't fully understand. I'm guessing he just missed the band.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote: Thank hansx. I'd actually seen that statement but still don't fully understand. I'm guessing he just missed the band.
Guess so. And I guess they weren't completelysatisfiedwith their previous singer
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote: Thank hansx. I'd actually seen that statement but still don't fully understand. I'm guessing he just missed the band.
Guess so. And I guess they weren't completelysatisfiedwith their previous singer
It took a little while but I actually really liked the last album. Very different from the usual Saga album but good all the same.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Guess so. And I guess they weren't completelysatisfiedwith their previous singer
It took a little while but I actually really liked the last album. Very different from the usual Saga album but good all the same.
Agree. I think The Human Condition is one of the best albums from 2009. :)
hansx

Post by hansx »

And they will be touring in 2011.
Summer tour 2011

15.5.11 - USA - Niagara Falls, NY - Rapids Theatre

19.6.11 - CH Winterthur - Spirit of Rock Festival
22.6.11 - NL - Zwolle - Hedon
23.6.11 - NL - Uden - de Pul
24.6.11 - D - Loreley - Rock the Nation Festival
25.6.11 - D - Dessau - Rock the Nation Festival
29.6.11 - DK- Kopenhagen - Amager Bio
01.7.11 - D - Ritterhude - Open Air
02.7.11 Jul - D - Pyras - Open Air

Fall Tour 2011

10.1.11 - Montreal Canada - Gesu Theatre
Saga with guests, Karcius

(SAGA & MARILLION)
11.11.2011 Munich, Circus Krone, Headliner Saga
12.11.2011 Würzburg, Post Hall, headliner Marillion
14.11.2011 Münster, Jovel Music Hall, headliner Saga
15.11.2011 Offenbach, Stadthalle, Headliner Marillion
16.11.2011 Mannheim, Mozart Hall, headliner Saga
18.11.2011 Stuttgart, Hegel Hall, headliner Marillion
19.11.2011 Idar-Oberstein, Exhibition Hall, headliner Saga
20.11.2011 Cologne, E-Werk, headliner Marillion
22.11.2011 Berlin, Tempodrom, Headliner Saga
24.11.2011 Hamburg, Docks, headliner Marillion
25.11.2011 Mülheim, RWE arena headliner Saga
26.11.2011 Pratteln (Switzerland), Z7, Headliner Marillion

MORE SHOWS WILL BE ADDED SOON!!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Blimey!

Marillion and Saga on the same bill. That's a bit of a dream ticket. Hopefully some UK dates will be added soon.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I am travelling to Germany to see Saga and Marillion in Hamburg. Will be fantastic!
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:Blimey!

Marillion and Saga on the same bill. That's a bit of a dream ticket. Hopefully some UK dates will be added soon.
You can say that. Hope they will do one in Holland too.