BBC pulls the Plug on Mixing it

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

BBC pulls the Plug on Mixing it

Post by 24db »

Those nice people over at the Beeb have pulled the plug on one of the few radio programmes that actually played non-main stream music. You Muppets! :evil:

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... ugged.html
Last edited by 24db on Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Thats just bloody typical of the BBC muppets :arrow: More bloody Girls Aloud and kiddie boy bands nonsense to put up with :x
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I pay, you pay, we pay a licence fee to them tyrants at the bbc

more effers

BM posting again you will note :x
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Thats just bloody typical of the BBC muppets :arrow: More bloody Girls Aloud and kiddie boy bands nonsense to put up with :x
it wouldn't be too bad if this was one of many programmes mate, but this was 'basically' the only one! Don't forget that Mark and Robert even visited Edgar for their two part trip to Berlin (in fact he's the first person they interviewed).

The BBC is going too mainstream and they're destroying the legacy that John Peel left behind
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

The BBC has changed alot since Tony Blair put his friend in charge. Today, like any other day, has been wall to wall drivel.... cheap tele like Cash in the Attic and so many other things to numb the minds of the masses. It is a disgrace that the license fee is nearly £200!

and we'll now even get less good music.... less choice :x
Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Thats just bloody typical of the BBC muppets :arrow: More bloody Girls Aloud and kiddie boy bands nonsense to put up with :x
it wouldn't be too bad if this was one of many programmes mate, but this was 'basically' the only one! Don't forget that Mark and Robert even visited Edgar for their two part trip to Berlin (in fact he's the first person they interviewed).

The BBC is going too mainstream and they're destroying the legacy that John Peel left behind
There will never be another Peely............all the great work he did over the years is being undone by clueless assholes :x :evil:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

There will never be another Peely............all the great work he did over the years is being undone by clueless assholes :x :evil:
As I said to the presenters in an email tonight, 'how long before the BBC would have shown JP the door'? I tell you they would have done it, they know nothing about music.

the NEW mixing it, goes by the title of Where’s The Skill In That? over on Resonance.fm tonight at 11.00pm...be there or be at work! :roll:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I can remember good old Soundscapes on Radio Derby... and a time when there was more to Radio 4 than quiz games.
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I can remember good old Soundscapes on Radio Derby... and a time when there was more to Radio 4 than quiz games.
BBC Radio Scotland also had half hour programme on TD, called Original Masters. They interviewed Edgar and played excerpts from all four OHR LPs....can you imagine them doing that these days?
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:I can remember good old Soundscapes on Radio Derby... and a time when there was more to Radio 4 than quiz games.
BBC Radio Scotland also had half hour programme on TD, called Original Masters. They interviewed Edgar and played excerpts from all four OHR LPs....can you imagine them doing that these days?
No I can't, Andy. If things keep getting worse, I will have to stop watching and listening to Radio and TV altogether.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:x

all this is just another example of our bland, homogenised, pasteurised, uselessly flat compliant one note society that has emerged under the blairite stalinist tyranny as begun by the goddam shite john major/thatcher totalitarian state oligarchy.........

thank fuche for those who tread the deep underground circles of the outsider

and yes, TD are such as is EM and other 'non mainstream' occulture

john peel?.....a stone in the rain

I miss you :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:
No I can't, Andy. If things keep getting worse, I will have to stop watching and listening to Radio and TV altogether.
I have!...I only watch DVDs, and listen to Radio 5 and Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone from time to time.
If the BBC is meant to be for 'the people' then where are the music programmes on TV? A short series of Jools Holland isn't enough, I'm sure the Beeb would point to their new 7 part the A-Z of Rock in May, but that's only 7 hours. In the meantime we get hour after hour of vaccous 'entertainment'. Ladies and gentlemen (TV wise)...music is dead!
redziller

Post by redziller »

With apologies to Douglas Adams....

Ah ... ! What's happening?

Er, excuse me, who am I?

Hello?

Why am I here? What's my purpose in life?

What do I mean by who am I?

Calm down, get a grip now ... oh! this is an interesting sensation, what is it? It's a sort of ... yawning, tingling sensation in my ... my ... well I suppose I'd better start finding names for things if I want to make any headway in what for the sake of what I shall call a pitch I shall call broadcasting, so let's call it my ratings.

Good. Ooooh, it's getting quite strong.

And hey, what's about this whistling roaring sound going past what I'm suddenly going to call my trust?

Perhaps I can call that ... public opinion! Is that a good name? It'll do ... perhaps I can find a better name for it later when I've found out what it's for. It must be something very important because there certainly seems to be a hell of a lot of it.

Hey! What's this thing? This ... let's call it public services broadcasting remit - yeah, public services broadcasting remit. Hey! I can can really thrash it about pretty good can't I? Wow! Wow! That feels great! Doesn't seem to achieve very much but I'll probably find out what it's for later on. Now - have I built up any coherent picture of things yet?

No.

Never mind, hey, this is really exciting, so much to find out about, so much to look forward to, I'm quite dizzy with anticipation ...

Or is it public opinion?

There really is a lot of that now isn't it?

And wow! Hey! What's this thing suddenly coming towards me very fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like ... ow ... ound ... round ... commercial reality! That's it! That's a good name - commercial reality!

I wonder if it will be friends with me?

:twisted:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :arrow: :wink:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: it wouldn't be too bad if this was one of many programmes mate, but this was 'basically' the only one! Don't forget that Mark and Robert even visited Edgar for their two part trip to Berlin (in fact he's the first person they interviewed).

As I said to the presenters in an email tonight, 'how long before the BBC would have shown JP the door'? I tell you they would have done it, they know nothing about music.

the NEW mixing it, goes by the title of Where’s The Skill In That? over on Resonance.fm tonight at 11.00pm...be there or be at work! :roll:
I'll be at work!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese