Cocteau Twins / Robin Guthrie

TangFanIRL
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Cocteau Twins / Robin Guthrie

Post by TangFanIRL »

Any CT / RG fans here? I'm a big fan of both.
timer

Re: Cocteau Twins / Robin Guthrie

Post by timer »

TangFanIRL wrote:Any CT / RG fans here? I'm a big fan of both.
You know I am ,bigman !
TangFanIRL

Re: Cocteau Twins / Robin Guthrie

Post by TangFanIRL »

timer wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote:Any CT / RG fans here? I'm a big fan of both.
You know I am ,bigman !
Yes, indeed I do!!! ;-)
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

Love 'em Love 'em Love 'em...lucky enough to have seen them a good few times too..utterly superb 8) :wink:
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

I'm also a big fan of Cocteau Twins... magical and surreal voice and music ! 8)
I'm waiting for Liz Fraser's solo album... but will it ever be ?
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

got most of the albums, brilliant stuff 8) :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

forgot to say me favourites: victorialand, garlands....they are all superb.......
...The wise.....are silent.....
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

My favourite might well be "Heaven or Las Vegas".
I should buy that one on CD again.
I used to like them, and in some way I still do, but I must admit that my fondness for the band has faded, somerthing that very rarely happened to me... I think there are several reasons.
The two following albums after "Heaven" I have them on CD and listen to occasionally but they aren't as good as the two or three previous ones, I think. The very early ones weren't so good sometimes... I cannot stand anymore their rhythm boxes of the first years...
I saw them live once, in the early 90's, not so long before the band stopped. That wasn't a very good concert, to be honest, way too short and lacking energy and contact with the audience. Liz Frazer's pitch wasn't always perfectly right either. Guthrie always played the same patterns and looked bored.
After reading what Simon Raymonde said of Pink Floyd, a few months after that, I really lost interest in them.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

EDWEIRDO wrote:Love 'em Love 'em Love 'em...lucky enough to have seen them a good few times too..utterly superb 8) :wink:
Same here. Last tour they performed was in small nightclubs here in The States. Very cool to see Guthrie and Raymonde perform in such an intimate setting.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Great band and Guthrie uses his effects to the limit. They come from just 6 miles down the road from here in Grangemouth. A good mate of mine had a breif aquantance with Robin Guthrie many years ago and said then he was an avarage player but took in everything that was said to him as he was learning. I have most of the CT albums but haven't played any in a long while. Must rectify that soon.
24db

Post by 24db »

Got 2 RG albums after Mick waxed lyrical about him (Imperial and After the Night Falls)...hmmm...kinda alright, nothing more, it doesn't really connect with me. Don't get me wrong Robin sets things up nicely but then never seems to take it anywhere (a couple of the tracks even use the same presets as TD) But then again perhaps that's the idea; the music is meant just to 'exist' like Eno's, a musical tint, leaving space for 'you'?. Perfume for the ears? ;)
Last edited by 24db on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Robin's Carousel album and Angel Falls EP are excellent. Liz released something recently but was it only on 12 inch single does anyone know?
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Not really for me, from what I have heard(and to be fair it isn`t a massive amount) ithe music reminds me slightly of Enya and I cant stand Enya.

I do love what Massive Attack and Elizabeth Fraser did together though, that seemed like a perfect match.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Elizabeth Fraser like Enya..... :shock: chalk & cheese. I like both..Enya & Elizabeth Fraser that is.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

sparrow wrote:Elizabeth Fraser like Enya..... :shock: chalk & cheese. I like both..Enya & Elizabeth Fraser that is.

Not so much the singing more the style of music, but like I said I have not heard too much