Cocteau Twins / Robin Guthrie

TheMan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by TheMan »

Marc M wrote: After reading what Simon Raymonde said of Pink Floyd, a few months after that, I really lost interest in them.
What was said about Pink Floyd?
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I've always loved this band - saw them live twice too. They used to vie with the mighty Tangs for being my favourite band of all time.
I love Liz's voice and have always wondered what she would do if she worked with Uncle Edgar - her stuff with Massive Attack and the Future Sound of London is superb. She also sang with Peter Gabriel for the Millennium Show in the dome.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

billythefish wrote:I've always loved this band - saw them live twice too. They used to vie with the mighty Tangs for being my favourite band of all time.
I love Liz's voice and have always wondered what she would do if she worked with Uncle Edgar - her stuff with Massive Attack and the Future Sound of London is superb. She also sang with Peter Gabriel for the Millennium Show in the dome.

what did she do with FSOL? cant remember hearing her voice on anything
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

billythefish wrote:I've always loved this band - saw them live twice too. They used to vie with the mighty Tangs for being my favourite band of all time.
And she also did "This Love" on Craig Armstrong's first (amazing) album.

PS. As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I instantly thought of you, BTF!
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

cantosis wrote:

what did she do with FSOL? cant remember hearing her voice on anything
She sang on the Lifeforms 12 inch / EP - various remixes of the album version. Wonderful stuff :)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Beaubourg wrote:
And she also did "This Love" on Craig Armstrong's first (amazing) album.

PS. As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I instantly thought of you, BTF!
:lol: :wink:
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

TheMan wrote:
Marc M wrote: After reading what Simon Raymonde said of Pink Floyd, a few months after that, I really lost interest in them.
:shock:
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

TheMan wrote:
TheMan wrote:
:shock:
Oh, I shouldn't spread that gossip... I don't trust much the interviews but well, it was ages ago in Rock & Folk, a magazine that I had already stopped reading at the time. I think somebody lent it to me.. He said something like PF made him feel sick, to say the least. It was really offending and who asked him to spit on them like this ?

I've started digging again in some corners where some less played records are shelved. I have quite a few CT on CD..
The Pink Opaque (not great as far as I remember), Head Over Heels + Treasure, Victoria Land, Four-Calendar Café, and the last "Milk and Kisses" in a special edition that was more expensive....
I never bought again on CD format the two first albums that I had bought, around 1990, "Blue Bell Knoll" and "Heaven or Las Vegas" (which remains my favourite as far as I can remember, I didn't played it in ages). I might see if I can buy thosed 2 on CD, after all. They might be less expensive maybe now.I am not sure yet... 4AD used to release such short albums and never do any "midprice" or "low price" series at all...
I also bought "The Moon and the Melodies", their collaboration with Harold Budd. I even got a bootleg CD called "The forgotten 4AD tracks" ! I had sort of forgotten it !

I think Elizabeth Fraser sounds good on Gabriel's Ovo, the 2 songs she sang were among the rare really good moments.
I've just put Victorialand in the CD player. That one is nice, but so short.. I read this was a special album to them, pretty apart from the rest of their discography... because it's very soft, without much programmed rhythms.
I listened quite a bit to a double CD of BBC sessions recorded in their first years and I thought it was really poor. I think that put me off, as well.
zygote23

Cocteaus

Post by zygote23 »

For those of you who like their vinyl and like it heavy the vinyl 180 store has just released this COCTEAU TWINS BOX

I bought it and it is a thing of beauty.....ish! Two copies of the Head over Heels lp which seems a little stupid if you ask me. Also they have no idea how to package lp's for transit. All but two covers were split as well as the inner sleeves.

Sound quality is great but due to dopey packaging this box is being returned.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Robin Guthrie's new album 'Emeralds' was released this week. It should be good, as always!
zygote23

Post by zygote23 »

Weird that Conrad.....I only this week sold my box of Cocteau Twins CD singles. Wish I'd never given away all their early albums and 12" as I had them all from day of release.

For anyone thinking of the vinyl 180 reissues I'd say 'Caveat Emptor' I bought the box set and had to return it as it was possibly the most shoddy artifact I've ever seen.