MOOG

prophetfive
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

MOOG

Post by prophetfive »

I don't know if this is listed eldewhere, but, SKY ARTS and SKY ARTS HD are showing a programme at ten o'clock tonight (half hours time) documenting the world of electronic music.
timer

Post by timer »

Sounds interesting - let us skyless mortals know if it were good.
24db

Post by 24db »

Ah it's that documentary:

http://www.skyarts.co.uk/genre/features ... &genreID=8

Not bad but there's a French one that was better...and I don't even speak Frenchy ;) Why? cos it showed TD in their studio in 1973
timer

Post by timer »

Always wanted to have a look at that just out of interest.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

I was a bit suspicious when it mentioned featuring Rick Wakeman. Nothing against the caped one, but, I wouldn't class his music as 'electronic' in the tradition of TD. Still, give the show a look.
timer

Post by timer »

was pretty surprised that TD / Chris Franke weren't involved.
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:was pretty surprised that TD / Chris Franke weren't involved.
to be honest the show and even Bob himself were more interested in the 'performance' or perhaps better said 'high profile users of the Instrument' he designed'. TD's input and dealings with Moog, with what I've read were mainly on a technical level, they might have met him on several occations, but I doubt if he knew of or even heard their name mentioned since the seventies.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

A potted history of the late, great Dr Bob, and the early development years of the Modular and Mini Moog synthesizers. Of more interest to techno-fans, it's high point was Keith Emerson's demo on a tarted up modular system, and a short section on the slightly bizarre Theremin. Could really do with a more up to date documentary, with TD, Tomita etc.
24db

Post by 24db »

prophetfive wrote:A potted history of the late, great Dr Bob, and the early development years of the Modular and Mini Moog synthesizers. Of more interest to techno-fans, it's high point was Keith Emerson's demo on a tarted up modular system, and a short section on the slightly bizarre Theremin. Could really do with a more up to date documentary, with TD, Tomita etc.
I always felt that Keith's 'performance' with the Moog actually set back the development of the synth, it wasn't until the equipment filtered down to the likes of TD, KS, Jarre and more recently artists that the equipment really showed what it could do.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I Watch Part of it was on The Movie Channel.
I Don't know this is the right one.

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢