Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...)
 Post subject: Future Music
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:32 pm 

I thought I should start a thread for this excellent Music making magazine.

I just got my copy for this month (April '07 edition) and two things have caught my eye that I thought some here would be interested in:

1. Interview with Ben Edwards (of Play Industries and 'Benge') and some mouth watering pictures of his synth collection, including a Moog 3C, Roland System 100M, ARP 2500 and 2600, EMS VCS3, Oberheim 4 voice, Yamaha CS80, Minimoog, Polymoog, Synclavier.... you get the idea. I've not heard any of his stuff yet, but I really rate Tunng who he shares a studio with, and on the strengths of this interview, I have got to go and try some Benge.

2. Cubase 4 advert on page 45... I thought that face staring at me was familiar - and it is none other than our old friend Paul Haslinger, described as one of the hotest film score composers in Hollywood... the final slogan is 'All 4 Paul, All 4 you'!

Post subject: Re: Future Music
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:49 pm 

billythefish wrote:

I just got my copy for this month (April '07 edition) and two things have caught my eye that I thought some here would be interested in:

1. Interview with Ben Edwards (of Play Industries and 'Benge') and some mouth watering pictures of his synth collection, including a Moog 3C, Roland System 100M, ARP 2500 and 2600, EMS VCS3, Oberheim 4 voice, Yamaha CS80, Minimoog, Polymoog, Synclavier.... you get the idea. I've not heard any of his stuff yet, but I really rate Tunng who he shares a studio with, and on the strengths of this interview, I have got to go and try some Benge.

2. Cubase 4 advert on page 45... I thought that face staring at me was familiar - and it is none other than our old friend Paul Haslinger, described as one of the hotest film score composers in Hollywood... the final slogan is 'All 4 Paul, All 4 you'!

I totally agree.

A few years back when I was going to buy my first PC, my intention was to use it as a MIDI recording studio. Since I didn't know what to go for I came across Future Music. I was very lucky that they were doing a section on 'how to set up a cheap Studio', so I got myself a Yamaha AN1X, a Yamaha SW1000XG soundcard and a PC of course.

I still buy it every now and then, especially when they have nice goodies on the DVD

Jimi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:31 pm 

billythefish wrote:

Stopped buying this as soon as they started slagging off TD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:50 pm 

Thats a valid reason AK if ever there were one :twisted: :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:47 pm 

24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:

I didn't know they had... TD gets mentioned quite frequently in their pages - usually as a positive reference.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:12 pm 

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:

I didn't know they had... TD gets mentioned quite frequently in their pages - usually as a positive reference.

If I could be arsed about them (and I can't) I'd post some 'comments' they had. They come under the general heading of 'Word processor on, Brain off' These days they recommend music you won't be playing again in 4 months, never mind 40 years. Above and beyond that gripe, it's not a bad magazine for equipment reviews and tips

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...) All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: