Television

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

batman wrote:
Hobo wrote:
batman wrote:Now watching in TV Liverpool vs Arsenal 1-4 (in the first half time).
3-6 and another poor showing. At the quarter-final stage, you'd think Manager's would field a stronger side. Serious looking injuries to Mark Gonzalez and Luis Garcia as well, a disastrous evening all round. Liverpool will have to perform much better when Barcelona come to town!
Hoooo Mick. Liverpool vs Arsenal 3-6 final. Amazing.
And very disappointing!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Arsenal were tremendous last night,very quick and sharp inter passing and superb counter attacking football...........some of these Arsenal youngsters are red cold talent,but i must say that i think Benitez has lost the plot with his team selections.............Liverpool have not got the strength in-depth that Chelsea have,and he can not afford to play this rotation system like those........... :oops: All IMHO of course and im a neutral :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:Arsenal were tremendous last night,very quick and sharp inter passing and superb counter attacking football...........some of these Arsenal youngsters are red cold talent,but i must say that i think Benitez has lost the plot with his team selections.............Liverpool have not got the strength in-depth that Chelsea have,and he can not afford to play this rotation system like those........... :oops: All IMHO of course and im a neutral :arrow:
Benitez obviously feels (as does Wenger) that this competition is pretty worthless. There are just enough talented players to make a team at Liverpool, but some of these are not committed enough. I haven't heard anything for a while on the "Dubai" purchase. If this goes ahead, they would have the funds to match Chelsea in the transfer market.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Just finished watching "Ruby In The Smoke" , which I'd recorded. Makes me wish Philip Pullman's "Dark Materials" trilogy would hurry up and hit the big screen. (I understand that New Line are quoting December 2007 as a probable release date for the first instalment). Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman are on board, so hopefully it will live up to my high expectations.

BTW, I really enjoyed the adaptation of RITS.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:Just finished watching "Ruby In The Smoke" , which I'd recorded. Makes me wish Philip Pullman's "Dark Materials" trilogy would hurry up and hit the big screen. (I understand that New Line are quoting December 2007 as a probable release date for the first instalment). Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman are on board, so hopefully it will live up to my high expectations.

Two other books should also be filmed:

Tim Powers-the Anubis Gates
Susan Copper-The Dark is Rising
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:Just finished watching "Ruby In The Smoke" , which I'd recorded. Makes me wish Philip Pullman's "Dark Materials" trilogy would hurry up and hit the big screen. (I understand that New Line are quoting December 2007 as a probable release date for the first instalment). Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman are on board, so hopefully it will live up to my high expectations.

Powers is my favourite author and The Anubis Gates rivals The Stress Of Her Regard, as my favourite book. That would make another great movie!
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:

Powers is my favourite author and The Anubis Gates rivals The Stress Of Her Regard, as my favourite book. That would make another great movie!
Mick, what can I say, you are a wise man! Yeah Anubis would make an amazing romp, god knows why it hasn't been optioned
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: Two other books should also be filmed:

Mick, what can I say, you are a wise man! Yeah Anubis would make an amazing romp, god knows why it hasn't been optioned
I don't understand either. Peter Jackson has proved that it's possible to film a story that was previously thought of as impossible, so there's no excuse for not bringing these works to our screens.

Tim Powers also brings a cerebral edge to his fantasy and by intertwining the fiction with fact, the boundaries blur and he has you questioning the established view of reality. That's the sort of film I want to see!
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: Powers is my favourite author and The Anubis Gates rivals The Stress Of Her Regard, as my favourite book. That would make another great movie!
I don't understand either. Peter Jackson has proved that it's possible to film a story that was previously thought of as impossible, so there's no excuse for not bringing these works to our screens.

Tim Powers also brings a cerebral edge to his fantasy and by intertwining the fiction with fact, the boundaries blur and he has you questioning the established view of reality. That's the sort of film I want to see!
William Ashbless should write the script! ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: Powers is my favourite author and The Anubis Gates rivals The Stress Of Her Regard, as my favourite book. That would make another great movie!

btw have you checked out Homunculus
by James P. Blaylock? more of the same kind of stuff from Tim's friend and writing partner

"Does the night seem uncommonly full of dead men and severed heads to you?" Langdon St. Ives, Victorian scientist-of-leisure, grapples with the vivisectionist, animator-of-the-dead Narbondo. Homunculi, the late Joanna Southcote, and carp run amok in late-Victorian London.
Last edited by 24db on Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: Mick, what can I say, you are a wise man! Yeah Anubis would make an amazing romp, god knows why it hasn't been optioned

William Ashbless should write the script! ;)
:lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

all these books would make great TV or movies, so somebody should:

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
hansx

Post by hansx »

I am a fan of Stargate SG-1. If I aín't watch it on tele than on dvd, have 10 seasons in box. It is a really relaxing serie which is not too difficult to watch and not too long.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Ted (The Count) is out of the darts and im gutted :cry: He had chances to win it :(
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:I am a fan of Stargate SG-1. If I aín't watch it on tele than on dvd, have 10 seasons in box. It is a really relaxing serie which is not too difficult to watch and not too long.
Me too. I've not got season ten yet but I've got all the rest. Nice stuff to kick back to.