Television

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

Watched Top Gear last night and tonight. Two cracking shows, last nights was a repeat of last weeks which I missed and involved a trip through the Southern states of America. The show was extremely funny and scarey in equal measures, mind you driving a car through Louisiana with "Man Love Rules OK" on the side is asking for trouble. In tonights show they tried to blast a Reliant Robin into space and almost did it, shear genius.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:Watched Top Gear last night and tonight. Two cracking shows, last nights was a repeat of last weeks which I missed and involved a trip through the Southern states of America. The show was extremely funny and scarey in equal measures, mind you driving a car through Louisiana with "Man Love Rules OK" on the side is asking for trouble. In tonights show they tried to blast a Reliant Robin into space and almost did it, shear genius.
Have yet to watch either of these. Just watched "Lewis" and earlier watched the first episode of the new series of "Life On Mars".
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Watched Top Gear last night and tonight. Two cracking shows, last nights was a repeat of last weeks which I missed and involved a trip through the Southern states of America. The show was extremely funny and scarey in equal measures, mind you driving a car through Louisiana with "Man Love Rules OK" on the side is asking for trouble. In tonights show they tried to blast a Reliant Robin into space and almost did it, shear genius.
Have yet to watch either of these. Just watched "Lewis" and earlier watched the first episode of the new series of "Life On Mars".
I watched "Life on Mars" for the first time the other night and really enjoyed it. I suppose now I'll have to dig out the first series and give that an airing.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
I watched "Life on Mars" for the first time the other night and really enjoyed it. I suppose now I'll have to dig out the first series and give that an airing.
They've captured the spirit of the Seventies pretty well, IMO. The first series is well worth a look Chris.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I watched last night too, and loved the Reliant Robin bit - SO impressive!
I am gutted I missed last week's though - on all three occasions it was shown... it sounded really interesting - a little like those Louis Theroux weird weekends programmes.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

billythefish wrote:
I watched last night too, and loved the Reliant Robin bit - SO impressive!
I am gutted I missed last week's though - on all three occasions it was shown... it sounded really interesting - a little like those Louis Theroux weird weekends programmes.
I watched this one in the early hours, this morning. Highly entertaining episode. I can't believe they get paid for doing this, lucky bastards!
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

I watched a science show today, and it seems to have been edited by a TD fan. It featured excerpts from "Sphinx Lightning", "Invisible Limits" and "White Eagle" as well as one or two pieces I couldn't make out (they were all pretty hard to hear). They were talking about cloning, so perhaps they wanted to create that "futuristic" mood. :wink:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Mephistopheles wrote:I watched a science show today, and it seems to have been edited by a TD fan. It featured excerpts from "Sphinx Lightning", "Invisible Limits" and "White Eagle" as well as one or two pieces I couldn't make out (they were all pretty hard to hear). They were talking about cloning, so perhaps they wanted to create that "futuristic" mood. :wink:
Perhaps TD are cloning Jerome! :wink:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Caught up with Top Gear and Bonkers.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
Mephistopheles wrote:I watched a science show today, and it seems to have been edited by a TD fan. It featured excerpts from "Sphinx Lightning", "Invisible Limits" and "White Eagle" as well as one or two pieces I couldn't make out (they were all pretty hard to hear). They were talking about cloning, so perhaps they wanted to create that "futuristic" mood. :wink:
Perhaps TD are cloning Jerome! :wink:
damn it...I started thinking of Carry on Screaming...that's an image I didn't need :D
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Hobo wrote:Perhaps TD are cloning Jerome! :wink:
According to the TV program I saw, cloning people is now considered virtually impossible. :|
24db

Post by 24db »

Mephistopheles wrote:
Hobo wrote:Perhaps TD are cloning Jerome! :wink:
According to the TV program I saw, cloning people is now considered virtually impossible. :|
I agree...andy

I agree...andy version 1.2

I agree...andy version 1.3

;)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I watched the Faust DVD 'In..Autumn' last night. Being honest it was a weird one. However I did quite enjoy it . It was taken from their most recent british tour in 2005. Some of the antics onstage were very amusing . I wouldn't even call some of the tracks music but an entertaining 105 minutes all the same. My wife was in stiches at some of the strange sounds these guys made.
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

Hobo wrote:
Great news that the second season of "Life on Mars" has begun in the UK. That means BBC America should get it by late summer perhaps? One can only hope. That's a mighty fine show. Pity this season is supposed to be its last from what I've heard.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin