Yes

har
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by har »

Right, I have now had this album for 14.02 days, and I find myself singing and whistling several of the themes on same. Sometimes quite loudly :?

There are some strong melodic hooks and I am enjoying it, even dont mind that pish bit I was on about by Steve Howe in the middle of "Fly".

I can understand why this album appears to have split Yesfans as it is not the definitive Yes prog sound however I am still enjoying sticking it on the CD player.

Overall 6/10 and rising possibly :wink:
hansx

Post by hansx »

har wrote:Right, I have now had this album for 14.02 days, and I find myself singing and whistling several of the themes on same. Sometimes quite loudly :?

There are some strong melodic hooks and I am enjoying it, even dont mind that pish bit I was on about by Steve Howe in the middle of "Fly".

I can understand why this album appears to have split Yesfans as it is not the definitive Yes prog sound however I am still enjoying sticking it on the CD player.

Overall 6/10 and rising possibly :wink:
That is true, however I am a fan from the beginning and I like it a lot.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Listened to Fly From Here again today and guess what?

....yep, still don't like it. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:Listened to Fly From Here again today and guess what?

And now???? After nearly a month.
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

I like it but it's a bitof a pity that it's based mainly on some music from Geoff Downes and Trevor Horn that dates back to 30 years. Just coppare the two parts from Fly From Here featured as (excellent) bonus on the rerelease (at last) of The Buggles' second album, "Adventures in Modern Recording" and the first vocal part was already on the box set "The Word Is Live" by Yes, recorded live in 1980. I always liked the Buggles anyway.
ONe song was probably intended for a second album of The Syn, as Chris Squire co-signed it with the keyboard player of the band.
It's very pleasant but not exceptional. It lacks the grandiose, mystical side of Yes... "Magnification" was way more ambitious.
Hard to cope with the absence of Jon Anderson too, for me. Benoit David sounds pretty much like Trevor Horn. Not bad at all, but I think he desperately lacks of emotion.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:

Fun you should ask....

...no, still don't like it. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:

Fun you should ask....

I might stick it on later.....................see if I still like it :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote: And now???? After nearly a month.
Fun you should ask....

Been getting rave reviews all over the place. Seems I'm a little out of step with the critics. It's typical that as soon as I hate something that Yes have done it becomes popular. :wink:
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
har wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Fun you should ask....

Been getting rave reviews all over the place. Seems I'm a little out of step with the critics. It's typical that as soon as I hate something that Yes have done it becomes popular. :wink:
It is defenitely your fault. :) Everybody likes it.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
har wrote: I might stick it on later.....................see if I still like it :wink:
Must be a local phenomenon. Most of my mates don't like it either. Must be something in the water here. :wink:
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Been getting rave reviews all over the place. Seems I'm a little out of step with the critics. It's typical that as soon as I hate something that Yes have done it becomes popular. :wink:
Must be a local phenomenon. Most of my mates don't like it either. Must be something in the water here. :wink:
:D a friend of mine, a huge prog-Yes fan called it old men's prog. and wasn't too fond either.
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Blurb from the Yesworld site 'new' Yes album at the end of the month......

October 24, 2011—Frontiers Records proudly announces the latest live release from the most influential and ground-breaking progressive rock ‘n’ roll band in history, YES. New album “In The Present—Live from Lyon” will be available on CD/DVD on November 29th in North America and December 2nd in Europe.
Recorded in Lyon, France, on December 1st 2009, “In The Present – Live from Lyon” is an outstanding collection of hidden gems and unforgettable classics, with new singer Benoit David breathing new life into each of the evergreen tracks. The package comes with a 55 minute DVD containing excerpts from the live performance, candid interviews and behind the scenes footage. The cover art features an original design by Roger Dean, author of most YES album covers including classics ‘Fragile’, ‘Close To The Edge’ and ‘Drama’.
YES’ powerful compositions influenced a generation of musicians. They have a hugely successful and indelible catalogue of masterpieces; songs like “Roundabout,” a seminal hit which consistently appears on “the best songs of all-time” lists, and the group’s #1 hit “Owner of a Lonely Heart”, taken from the YES album ‘90125’, saw YES top the UK and US album charts simultaneously.
YES are the pioneers for the use of synthesizers and sound effects in modern music and produced a multitude of timeless, symphonic-rock masterworks; they continued to push the cutting edge of art-rock music to their limits, selling over 30 million albums and reaching platinum status multiple times worldwide. YES latest studio album ‘Fly From Here’ – the first in ten years – hit the Top 10 on the Rock Charts and was declared as their “best work since the ‘70s” (Paste Magazine)
“In the Present – Live From Lyon” will be released in a gloss digipak edition. The final tracklisting includes:
Disc One
Siberian Khatru
I’ve Seen All Good People
Tempus Fugit
Onward
Astral Traveller
And You And I
Corkscrew (Acoustic Solo)
Disc Two
Owner Of A Lonely Heart
Southside Of The Sky
Machine Messiah
Heart of the Sunrise
Roundabout
Starship Trooper
DVD
Interviews, Excerpts from the Live Show, Roundabout, Machine Messiah (running time approx 55 mins.)
A limited edition gatefold sleeve 3 LP vinyl release (only including the audio portion of the album) will be exclusively available in the European
markets.
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Red Morpho wrote:Blurb from the Yesworld site 'new' Yes album at the end of the month......

October 24, 2011—Frontiers Records proudly announces the latest live release from the most influential and ground-breaking progressive rock ‘n’ roll band in history, YES. New album “In The Present—Live from Lyon” will be available on CD/DVD on November 29th in North America and December 2nd in Europe.
Recorded in Lyon, France, on December 1st 2009, “In The Present – Live from Lyon” is an outstanding collection of hidden gems and unforgettable classics, with new singer Benoit David breathing new life into each of the evergreen tracks. The package comes with a 55 minute DVD containing excerpts from the live performance, candid interviews and behind the scenes footage. The cover art features an original design by Roger Dean, author of most YES album covers including classics ‘Fragile’, ‘Close To The Edge’ and ‘Drama’.
YES’ powerful compositions influenced a generation of musicians. They have a hugely successful and indelible catalogue of masterpieces; songs like “Roundabout,” a seminal hit which consistently appears on “the best songs of all-time” lists, and the group’s #1 hit “Owner of a Lonely Heart”, taken from the YES album ‘90125’, saw YES top the UK and US album charts simultaneously.
YES are the pioneers for the use of synthesizers and sound effects in modern music and produced a multitude of timeless, symphonic-rock masterworks; they continued to push the cutting edge of art-rock music to their limits, selling over 30 million albums and reaching platinum status multiple times worldwide. YES latest studio album ‘Fly From Here’ – the first in ten years – hit the Top 10 on the Rock Charts and was declared as their “best work since the ‘70s” (Paste Magazine)
“In the Present – Live From Lyon” will be released in a gloss digipak edition. The final tracklisting includes:
Disc One
Siberian Khatru
I’ve Seen All Good People
Tempus Fugit
Onward
Astral Traveller
And You And I
Corkscrew (Acoustic Solo)
Disc Two
Owner Of A Lonely Heart
Southside Of The Sky
Machine Messiah
Heart of the Sunrise
Roundabout
Starship Trooper
DVD
Interviews, Excerpts from the Live Show, Roundabout, Machine Messiah (running time approx 55 mins.)
A limited edition gatefold sleeve 3 LP vinyl release (only including the audio portion of the album) will be exclusively available in the European
markets.
That's more like it. Saw them on that tour and they were very good. Going to see them again next week, not sure they're going to be as good.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Saw Yes last night at the Colston Hall in Bristol. Steve Howe was his usual awesome self, Chris Squire was great, Alan White was solid, David Benoit was note perfect (except at one very crucial point - ooops) and Geoff Downes was a chump.

Overall I got a little fed up with GD ruining the songs and Fly From Here (the track) is even worse when played live. It was interminable. I think it was generally agreed that it was a waste of £35.

was a little offended by Steve Howe suggesting that the only things famous about Bristol was it's University and it's Bristol cars. Way to go Steve.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Forgot to mention that during the encore, Starship Trooper, a women ran down to front, closely followed by a man. At first we thought he was a bouncer but it turned out to be the women's husband. She tried to fell him with a hay-maker but totally failed to connect. They then proceeded to have a tussle before being led from the building. Strangest thing I've ever seen at a concert....

...and way more exciting than Geoff Downes keyboard solo. :shock: