Yes

trekky and smurfy
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by trekky and smurfy »

thanks for that link, didn't realise :shock:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

trekky and smurfy wrote:thanks for that link, didn't realise :shock:
Neither did I...thought Yes done the dirty on him as Rick was back..seems I was so wrong. :shock:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

To quote Jon Anderson "Igor doesn't just burn his bridges, he totally blows them up". :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
trekky and smurfy

YESSONGS 40TH anniversary out monday (30.4.12) special edition on blue/ray, have pre ordered from p**y. c*m. quite how this will transfer to blue/ray will be interesting, apparently the original film has been enhanced and now boasts a 5.1 dolby soundtrack, also features a recent chat with chris squire, steve howe and roger dean all about the film. we have this on VHS video and have seen at the cinema, but on blue/ray :?: :?: :?: will have to see, a must have all the same, 40 years ago,where has the time gone
stand on hills' of long forgotten yesterdays'
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

trekky and smurfy wrote:YESSONGS 40TH anniversary out monday (30.4.12) special edition on blue/ray, have pre ordered from p**y. c*m. quite how this will transfer to blue/ray will be interesting, apparently the original film has been enhanced and now boasts a 5.1 dolby soundtrack, also features a recent chat with chris squire, steve howe and roger dean all about the film. we have this on VHS video and have seen at the cinema, but on blue/ray :?: :?: :?: will have to see, a must have all the same, 40 years ago,where has the time gone
I saw the actual film many years ago and have got the DVD somewhere. It's difficult to see how the picture quality can be vastly improved upon by BluRay. I'm also disappointed that there is no additional concert footage, although there is an new interview with Steve Howe, Chris Squire and Roger Dean. Still not sure that I'm going to buy this. Any chance you can post a review when you've watched it?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
trekky and smurfy

we will post a review, chris, as soon as we have watched it (yessongs has been marked as despatched) we will see :)
trekky and smurfy

a p.s to the above post, our copy of YESSONGS 40th anniversary special edition, arrived today, and we had a bit of a shock :shock: what they neglected to tell you when ordering is just how limited a release this is, ours is numbered at 0532 of only 3000 produced with 4 new yessongs cards specially created by ROGER DEAN :!: also an HD restoration of STEVE HOWES' beginnings (12 mins) this blue/ray could become as rare as hens' teeth (chris if you were a bit hesitant, i would get in quick) we will watch at weekend and let you know, although we are now scared to open it, if we had more money would order another one as a keeper :D
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

trekky and smurfy wrote:a p.s to the above post, our copy of YESSONGS 40th anniversary special edition, arrived today, and we had a bit of a shock :shock: what they neglected to tell you when ordering is just how limited a release this is, ours is numbered at 0532 of only 3000 produced with 4 new yessongs cards specially created by ROGER DEAN :!: also an HD restoration of STEVE HOWES' beginnings (12 mins) this blue/ray could become as rare as hens' teeth (chris if you were a bit hesitant, i would get in quick) we will watch at weekend and let you know, although we are now scared to open it, if we had more money would order another one as a keeper :D
Not received mine from Play yet, but had the email saying it had been sent on the 26th April :?

Funnily enough I knew it would come with these extras because I had also checked out Amazon but I did not know there were only 3000 issued.

A couple of reviews on amazon>

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... Descending
trekky and smurfy

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
trekky and smurfy wrote:a p.s to the above post, our copy of YESSONGS 40th anniversary special edition, arrived today, and we had a bit of a shock :shock: what they neglected to tell you when ordering is just how limited a release this is, ours is numbered at 0532 of only 3000 produced with 4 new yessongs cards specially created by ROGER DEAN :!: also an HD restoration of STEVE HOWES' beginnings (12 mins) this blue/ray could become as rare as hens' teeth (chris if you were a bit hesitant, i would get in quick) we will watch at weekend and let you know, although we are now scared to open it, if we had more money would order another one as a keeper :D
Not received mine from Play yet, but had the email saying it had been sent on the 26th April :?

Funnily enough I knew it would come with these extras because I had also checked out Amazon but I did not know there were only 3000 issued.

A couple of reviews on amazon>

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... Descending
thanks for those links, one bad review, one good, we knew that it would probably not convert well to blue/ray but there were no HD cameras' in those days, but for the sheer nostalgia value and all those memories, (so long ago, so clear) hopefully your copy will arrive soon, enjoy, steve/lisa
trekky and smurfy

YESSONGS 40th anniversary special edition: a review. we watched it last night and as suspected didn't really work on the blue/ray format, that said, it was far better than our VHS copy and more than watchable. for those of you with the big televisions, be warned when the main film starts it is in 4:3 mode not 16:9 widescreen so you have two large black lines either side of your screen (you soon get used to it). the 5.1 soundtrack however is really good through our surround sound (remixed in 5.1 dts) and certainly with the volume a little higher than normal, really gives you that feeling of being there (still can't match the original vinyl version version on our linn/naim hifi) but it is close, a good effort on the sound considering the age of the original film soundtrack, as for the overall package, lots of extras interviews etc, and the 4 roger dean art cards, plus the collectability of this blue/ray (ONLY 3000 COPIES issued) in our opinion well worth buying (but have followed YES for 37 years, so might be a bit biased) but be quick if you are thinking about getting a copy, won't take long to sell out. a must have piece of YES history
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

trekky and smurfy wrote:YESSONGS 40th anniversary special edition: a review. we watched it last night and as suspected didn't really work on the blue/ray format, that said, it was far better than our VHS copy and more than watchable. for those of you with the big televisions, be warned when the main film starts it is in 4:3 mode not 16:9 widescreen so you have two large black lines either side of your screen (you soon get used to it). the 5.1 soundtrack however is really good through our surround sound (remixed in 5.1 dts) and certainly with the volume a little higher than normal, really gives you that feeling of being there (still can't match the original vinyl version version on our linn/naim hifi) but it is close, a good effort on the sound considering the age of the original film soundtrack, as for the overall package, lots of extras interviews etc, and the 4 roger dean art cards, plus the collectability of this blue/ray (ONLY 3000 COPIES issued) in our opinion well worth buying (but have followed YES for 37 years, so might be a bit biased) but be quick if you are thinking about getting a copy, won't take long to sell out. a must have piece of YES history
Thanks. Still in two minds about this.