The Appeal of "Live" Concerts???

dreamerofdreams
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by dreamerofdreams »

bigmoog wrote:
uknationalist wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
BM is more than 2 stone lighter since them photographic representations were taken, still pugugly tho :D

You haven't met me yet BM. Stockport's champion pie eater :lol:
come to next years RAH2010 fan meet....in London...pie n mash :idea:

Sounds like a plan BM. Alas, I have not got my ticket yet and, worryingly, the RAH site will not allow me to purchase one and sends me back to the home page :oops:
mag3

Post by mag3 »

Mars wrote:The appeal is: The best and finest people in the world are TD fans! When you hook up with us, you`ll know :-) We are like a big family caring for each other. Note: You are talking to the "hardcore td fans" here :-). And as a TDOC member, you get the chance to meet the band after the concerts as well, for pictures and siginings. It is ALL about the music! But we took it one step further! And the fan-meets some hours before the shows is always a great experience. (sometimes with Raffles, and chances to win rare TD items etc.)

There is always some new TD fans showing up at the fan-meets from time to time, and they say (what I`ve heard), that they loved the atmosphere among us, and ties valuable connections.
We love to meet, we love TD, and it`s all about the music! :-)

So please join in next time :-)
I'll strongly consider it, the next time TD is in the New York City metro area. It would be difficult for me to travel to Europe to see them. The travel priority at this point in my life is places where I can go diving. :mrgreen:
Mars

Post by Mars »

mag3 wrote:
Mars wrote:The appeal is: The best and finest people in the world are TD fans! When you hook up with us, you`ll know :-) We are like a big family caring for each other. Note: You are talking to the "hardcore td fans" here :-). And as a TDOC member, you get the chance to meet the band after the concerts as well, for pictures and siginings. It is ALL about the music! But we took it one step further! And the fan-meets some hours before the shows is always a great experience. (sometimes with Raffles, and chances to win rare TD items etc.)

There is always some new TD fans showing up at the fan-meets from time to time, and they say (what I`ve heard), that they loved the atmosphere among us, and ties valuable connections.

I'll strongly consider it, the next time TD is in the New York City metro area. It would be difficult for me to travel to Europe to see them. The travel priority at this point in my life is places where I can go diving. :mrgreen:
TD will always come back to the States for some gigs! :-)
But, I don`t know much about the Fan Meets "over there"....
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Mars wrote:
mag3 wrote:

We had a pretty good turn out at the fan meet before the UCLA gig. I think around 25 or 30 total. Good selection of beer, TD music playing and good people. :)
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

bigmoog wrote:
uknationalist wrote:
Love the slideshow and great to put some faces to names that are already familier.

BM is more than 2 stone lighter since them photographic representations were taken, still pugugly tho :D
Minimoog?
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

billythefish wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
uknationalist wrote: Love the slideshow and great to put some faces to names that are already familier.

Minimoog?

'minimoog'....he (the 'pest control') hasn't posted here since feb 2007

:D :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

The first half a dozen TD concerts I went to not knowing a soul.

The emotion I experienced was intense though - I can remember weeping when I first heard the sounds of 'Going West' and 'Stratosfear' with pure emotion. It was partly being in the space as my idols, partly the overwhelming sound system and partly the great light show.

Above all it was the connection with the musicians and seeing how they behaved during each piece. There's definitely a dialogue between those on stage and the audience each time, but it's also different each time.

The arrival of the Internet and the eventual meeting of likeminded fans only broadened the experience, and prolonged it.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

The appeal of live concerts for me is high quality, hopefully not too loud music, and seeing the band play. I'm looking forward to the next TD concert and really hope that TD play the The Seven Barriers then, it would be the highlight, awesome 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
redziller

Post by redziller »

I agree with a lot of the earlier posts but would add while it is about the music, you wouldn't just read it off the staves would you - you have to hear it which always has a context. Hearing it live is a different context and may lead to a different appreciation, eg Choronzon live was something quite special so when I did hear it on the CD it seemed rather tame. No right or wrong - just another perspective which can't be a bad thing.

But don't underestimate meeting with other fans - being able to say "3am" and everyone knows what you mean makes for conversations you'll never otherwise have!
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

I like to hear different versions and hearing new guitar, sax, flute and keyboard solos to favourite tracks. The live music sounds so much better than any Hi-fi :)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
Minimoog

Post by Minimoog »

Marakesh wrote:I like to hear different versions and hearing new guitar, sax, flute and keyboard solos to favourite tracks. The live music sounds so much better than any Hi-fi :)
be nice to see you and your mate at a concert again. you can get me that pint you owe me :wink:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Minimoog wrote:
Marakesh wrote:I like to hear different versions and hearing new guitar, sax, flute and keyboard solos to favourite tracks. The live music sounds so much better than any Hi-fi :)
be nice to see you and your mate at a concert again. you can get me that pint you owe me :wink:
You know who never buys anyone a pint, he is famous for it :wink:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Minimoog

Post by Minimoog »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Minimoog wrote:
You know who never buys anyone a pint, he is famous for it :wink:
:? :?
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

tdream4ever wrote:
Mars wrote:
mag3 wrote: I'll strongly consider it, the next time TD is in the New York City metro area. It would be difficult for me to travel to Europe to see them. The travel priority at this point in my life is places where I can go diving. :mrgreen:
We had a pretty good turn out at the fan meet before the UCLA gig. I think around 25 or 30 total. Good selection of beer, TD music playing and good people. :)

I flew from Chicago to the LA gig. After the show, I looked around for some sign of a fan meet and saw nothing. Ended up going home. It crushes me to think that I could have met the band if I only knew where to look.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

One reason I like live shows is that they play way louder than I'm allowed at home. I also like the subsonics you get at a TD gig that I just can't in my lounge.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda