DiN

Tropylium
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

DiN

Post by Tropylium »

Considering that the FAX thred is nearly 40 pages and growing, surely we should be able to get a few on the topic of DiN as well? Some pretty solid releases from that camp too, eg. the live release Triptych from Boddy & co; Surface Tensions from Surface 10; or Radio Sputnik by ARC, for just a few select highlights (all amazing in their own way).

(I wouldn't protest either if anyone would like to recommend older Ian Boddy material — the only pre-DiN release of his I have is the collaboration with Pickford.)
24db

Post by 24db »

I've only got about 7 on the DiN label, but I'd really recommend Box of Secrets by Ian (especially the title track and track 3: Shadows in the Sand with it's nice use of drum loops over Arabic...tootling :D).

I started to loose interest in the rest after did loads of collaborations and eventually stopped buying his stuff altogether. Very talented guy though
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I have always enjoyed Ian Boddy`s stuff, well the ones I have brought anyway. he seems to me to be one of the more interesting Uk artists. Continuum was always one of my faves. an experimental piece he did during a comic book fair if I remember rightly. Phoenix, The Deep and Rare elements and the one he did with Andy Pickford are the ones that stand out from memory.

Not listened to much recently but after looking through that DIN site I might try some new ones, especially the one with Robert Rich. I quite like Robert Rich as well.

Anything you suggest from DIN?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Ive got a few din releases which are obviously Ian Boddy's work. The Aforementioned "Box of Secrets" is a fine album IMHO 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

I have some DiN release's from Surface 10, Ian Boddy and another one of favorite electro/ambient artist Robert Rich. Saw Robert in Los Angeles last year in March I believe. Have some short vids of that show up on youtube.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

tdream4ever wrote:I have some DiN release's from Surface 10, Ian Boddy and another one of favorite electro/ambient artist Robert Rich. Saw Robert in Los Angeles last year in March I believe. Have some short vids of that show up on youtube.
whats the links to the robert rich u uploaded?
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

cantosis wrote:
tdream4ever wrote:I have some DiN release's from Surface 10, Ian Boddy and another one of favorite electro/ambient artist Robert Rich. Saw Robert in Los Angeles last year in March I believe. Have some short vids of that show up on youtube.
whats the links to the robert rich u uploaded?
Cant give u the link here. My server wont let me in the site from my work computer. type in dcgunman in search and you should get my vids mate. Let me know if you get in or not.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I've got more DiN releases than I care to mention. Some of it can be hit-or-miss but generally it's of a high quality.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:I've got more DiN releases than I care to mention. Some of it can be hit-or-miss but generally it's of a high quality.
well you can't have more than about 40 ;)
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Ian Boddy's "Slide" (DiN 31) released last year would be a perfect introduction to his music for new listeners IMHO :)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I only have about six Din pretty goo they are too. I like the Arc albums Blaze. Fracture & Arcturus.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:I've got more DiN releases than I care to mention. Some of it can be hit-or-miss but generally it's of a high quality.
Btw I agree with the hit and miss bit Chris, I felt Ian lost a bit of his own identity the more he leaned towards the Berlin School style of things. But hey each to their own...it's good to see him still going, funding his own albums along the way and even though I don't buy any of it these days it's good to see him make a success of it
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:I only have about six Din pretty goo they are too. I like the Arc albums Blaze. Fracture & Arcturus.
"Arcturus" is an excellent album IMHO 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
har

Post by har »

I checked out some din stuff when I was becoming FAXed. Liked some of it but not as much as FAX.

I am going to suss out some of the things posted in this thread though, so cheers !
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Some great offers from Ian Boddy's DiN-label:

http://dinrecords.bandcamp.com/merch