Hans-Joachim Roedelius

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Hans-Joachim Roedelius

Post by 24db »

Just a heads up, Hans-Joachim Roedelius is playing in London on march 28th (28.3.07)

The Big Chill House
257-259 Pentonville Road, King’s Cross
London
N1 9NL
United Kingdom
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Just managed to get him on my Myspace friends :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Just managed to get him on my Myspace friends :D
I wonder if the gig would be worth it?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:

I wish i could go :arrow: and i mean that 100%....would be a great experience :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

I wish i could go :arrow: and i mean that 100%....would be a great experience :arrow:
I agree mate, but I always had a love/hate relationship with Roedelius's stuff, or to put it another way 'live' ambient-type music. Something I love on Cd 'at home' bores the pants off me live. It's the same with Klaus Schulze, in the studio and on CD...brilliant (for the most part), live? I'd sooner spend the whole night in the bar. Hard to explain really.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I do know where you are coming from especially repetative quiet Ambient sounds live...........that can mince the head a little :cry:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:I do know where you are coming from especially repetative quiet Ambient sounds live...........that can mince the head a little :cry:
I don't know what it is about TD 'live', but....even if my attention wanders for a few seconds there's always something in it for me. Sometimes it's not even the music, it's the small movements on stage, a glance between members, the lights, or changes of colour (btw have you noticed that TD's light show always goes from Cold to H.o.t colours?...from the blue/greens to the Reds). It sounds odd when you write it down, but it's a fact nevertheless :D
Last edited by 24db on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:I do know where you are coming from especially repetative quiet Ambient sounds live...........that can mince the head a little :cry:
I don't know what it is about TD 'live', but....even if my attention wanders for a few seconds there's always something in it for me. Sometimes it's not even the music, it's the small movements on stage, a glance between members, the lights, or changes of colour (btw have you noticed that TD's light show always goes from Cold to cold colours?...from the blue/greens to the Reds). It sounds odd when you write it down, but it's a fact nevertheless :D

As long as we dont get the light show we had in 2003 everything should be fine :roll:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Depends on the definition of "ambient" Long synth washes and pads are fine by me. One of the things I love about ambient music, is it sounds at its best when played loud.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
I don't know what it is about TD 'live', but....even if my attention wanders for a few seconds there's always something in it for me. Sometimes it's not even the music, it's the small movements on stage, a glance between members, the lights, or changes of colour (btw have you noticed that TD's light show always goes from Cold to cold colours?...from the blue/greens to the Reds). It sounds odd when you write it down, but it's a fact nevertheless :D

As long as we dont get the light show we had in 2003 everything should be fine :roll:
what light show? :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
Depends on the definition of "ambient" Long synth washes and pads are fine by me. One of the things I love about ambient music, is it sounds at its best when played loud.
Of course Mick thats fine..........but some ambient stuff is just one long constant drone with hardly a change of any note :arrow:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: I wonder if the gig would be worth it?

I agree mate, but I always had a love/hate relationship with Roedelius's stuff, or to put it another way 'live' ambient-type music. Something I love on Cd 'at home' bores the pants off me live. It's the same with Klaus Schulze, in the studio and on CD...brilliant (for the most part), live? I'd sooner spend the whole night in the bar. Hard to explain really.
I know what you mean Andy - my attention wandered when I saw Sigor Ros a few years back, but their encores were a completely different kettle of fish and a fantastic conclusion to the evening.

As for TD - there always seems to be something subtle going on, even though it may appear static on first listening. It's enough to keep my attention pretty much all the time.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
modulator_esp

Post by modulator_esp »

in case anyone here is interested

Kosmiche presents

Cluster + Sonic Boom's EAR + Salvatore

Sunday 15th April

Underworld
174 Camden High Street
London, LO NW1

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/16893

epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I would love to be able to go.....................pity it was not on the Thursday before TD :cry: :arrow:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I could make this, but do not know enough about the acts to make the effort worthwhile.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese