The music player on the web site

Insvims
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The music player on the web site

Post by Insvims »

Most of us visiting the TD page listens to music while surfing the net. The music player on the web site is a great thing, but it is very annoying that it starts automatically every time I visit the site, because I am in fact already listening to other music! Så if possible, please change the settings for the player so it won't start by default. It is much better to start the player IF we want to listen to the music.
tadreamer74

Re: The music player on the web site

Post by tadreamer74 »

Insvims wrote:Most of us visiting the TD page listens to music while surfing the net. The music player on the web site is a great thing, but it is very annoying that it starts automatically every time I visit the site, because I am in fact already listening to other music! Så if possible, please change the settings for the player so it won't start by default. It is much better to start the player IF we want to listen to the music.
I totally agree, especially when a track I don't like comes on. There should be a setting where you have the option to mute it permanently, maybe there is, but I haven't seen one. :?
24db

Post by 24db »

lads, what's the problem with using the pause button?
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

24db wrote:lads, what's the problem with using the pause button?
This only works before you visit the site each time. I believe what Insvims and myself are referring to is a permanent button to delete the music or maybe the site should delete the music altogether. After all, I have my own music playing on my computer which I am sure others do as well, so this feature is one of those which could be removed and noone would miss it at all. :)
24db

Post by 24db »

tadreamer74 wrote:
This only works before you visit the site each time. I believe what Insvims and myself are referring to is a permanent button to delete the music or maybe the site should delete the music altogether. After all, I have my own music playing on my computer which I am sure others do as well, so this feature is one of those which could be removed and noone would miss it at all. :)
Not sure why should TD delete the site for two people? BUT... fair enough, if they could do a mute option, that's a good idea mate. Perhaps you could email Eastgate as ask them to think about this?. I personally find them pretty approachable and if it's something they can do (or want to do) they get back to you quite quickly
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

The problem is that is starts automatically with each visit. Very frustrating. We play other music, so we have to hit the stop button every time. The player should be there, but NOT start automatically.
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

24db wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:
Not sure why should TD delete the site for two people? BUT... fair enough, if they could do a mute option, that's a good idea mate. Perhaps you could email Eastgate as ask them to think about this?. I personally find them pretty approachable and if it's something they can do (or want to do) they get back to you quite quickly
Maybe a poll should be taken in fairness to everyone, that way Eastgate could get a 'feel' as to what the majority wants.

I don't see changing it for 2 people like you said, I just find music playing when you visit a site annoying, which some sites have, not just Eastgate's. I can mute it for now so its no biggie, just threw my opinion out there. Eastgate is one of my favorite sites which I enjoy, so this minor attribute is something I can live with. Thanks again for the input Andy :D
24db

Post by 24db »

Insvims wrote:The problem is that is starts automatically with each visit. Very frustrating. We play other music, so we have to hit the stop button every time. The player should be there, but NOT start automatically.
You've got to remember that this site isn't just there for the converted, therefore it's in TD's interest that people get to hear their music. Having said that if enough people think it's a problem then I think you should all email eastgate
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

How about an new update of music. I think its been awhile since the last update. I would like to see new music every quarter. Even a new update in the video section would be nice too. Maybe some older classic TD performances. 8) As far as the mute/stop/default situation. I'm okay with it. I just hit the stop button as soon as it opens up. No worries matties. But yes, I can see it beiing a small nusiance. Take a poll. I can go either way. Easy.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

What is the correct e-mail addy for Eastgate? I want to send them an e-mail regarding this but want my suggestion to go to the right source. If anyone knows, please post. Thanks :D
timer

Post by timer »

tadreamer74 wrote:What is the correct e-mail addy for Eastgate? I want to send them an e-mail regarding this but want my suggestion to go to the right source. If anyone knows, please post. Thanks :D
mailto:eastgate@gmx.com
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

timer wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:What is the correct e-mail addy for Eastgate? I want to send them an e-mail regarding this but want my suggestion to go to the right source. If anyone knows, please post. Thanks :D
mailto:eastgate@gmx.com
Thanks Timer, and I will make a suggestion for updated material as well :wink:
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

E-mail sent, will let you know the outcome :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

I don't visit the site too much, because the refreshrate is not too great. I only vistit the forum and once a while the site. For the forum I have the link on my desktop. I think it is more annoting that the jukebox isn't refreshed some more and besides that the number of songs is limited. Should be much larger.
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

Still waiting for Eastgate's answer to my e-mail. Must still be done :?