Alchemists of Sound

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Alchemists of Sound

Post by alipaul »

Did anyone see this fascinating programme last night on BBC2 about the Radiophonic workshop.
Absolutely amazing the music they created using just tape splices and recycled machinery.
What a pioneer Delia Derbyshire was creating the Dr Who theme and all.
I would be absolutely peed off when Ron grainger claimed it as his own as he tinkered with it a little.
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

I caught the last 10 minutes of this last night.

It was mostly talking heads at that point, so I'm hoping to catch a repeat & get it on DVD, & hear some of the amazing work these people did on a BBC budget. :)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

A really interesting programme, which I caught by accident. (I injured my back at work and had to sit in the rest room for a while). Very good timing!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Darn. Missed it. Going to check the Beeb web site to see if it's repeated.
Froesesque

Re: Alchemists of Sound

Post by Froesesque »

alipaul wrote:Did anyone see this fascinating programme last night on BBC2 about the Radiophonic workshop.
Absolutely amazing the music they created using just tape splices and recycled machinery.
What a pioneer Delia Derbyshire was creating the Dr Who theme and all.
I would be absolutely peed off when Ron grainger claimed it as his own as he tinkered with it a little.
I've seen this programme before and I was very impressed by it. I even searched places like Amazon to see if I could get any of the music on CD. Miss Derbyshire was one seriously cool Babe and should of been asked to join the Tangs!!

I think her work must of inflenced other people who used tape such as Brian Eno! :D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!