Concerts

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:
alipaul wrote:Went to see Whitesnake the other night ....................sorry David time to hang up your microphone
Then he must have lost his touch within a couple of weeks (which I don't think he has). Because at Sweden Rock Festival only 11 days ago he was absolutely stunning. He's just getting better and better. Fantastic concert!
Heard this, Insvims? It's David Coverdale singing a Hans Zimmer composition from the Days Of Thunder movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_hg8roPriY
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Just a little snippet of the Rush concert I went to this past Monday.
Absolutley fantastic. Geddy Lee's voice was in top form (although not like back in his younger days of course). He was cranking on the bass. Alex was jumping and running and strutin his stuff on stage. And the professor was also was pounding on 35+ drums. The solo was his best that I've seen in the last 9 years.
If anybody has any interest in any of Rush's music, weather it be the 70's or the 80's or 90's stuff I would recommend you go see them at least once before they are gone. 3 hours of solid rock. And with everything else that you can think of. Just tremendous sounds they put out. I cant wait till they put out their next album, which should be out the end of the year. And maybe another tour!
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Jon wrote:
Insvims wrote:
alipaul wrote:Went to see Whitesnake the other night ....................sorry David time to hang up your microphone
Then he must have lost his touch within a couple of weeks (which I don't think he has). Because at Sweden Rock Festival only 11 days ago he was absolutely stunning. He's just getting better and better. Fantastic concert!
Heard this, Insvims? It's David Coverdale singing a Hans Zimmer composition from the Days Of Thunder movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_hg8roPriY
I was not aware that he sang that song. Beautiful! His voice suits the music well, I think.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

tdream4ever wrote:Just a little snippet of the Rush concert I went to this past Monday.
Absolutley fantastic. Geddy Lee's voice was in top form (although not like back in his younger days of course). He was cranking on the bass. Alex was jumping and running and strutin his stuff on stage. And the professor was also was pounding on 35+ drums. The solo was his best that I've seen in the last 9 years.
If anybody has any interest in any of Rush's music, weather it be the 70's or the 80's or 90's stuff I would recommend you go see them at least once before they are gone. 3 hours of solid rock. And with everything else that you can think of. Just tremendous sounds they put out. I cant wait till they put out their next album, which should be out the end of the year. And maybe another tour!
Ditto to all of that. Possibly one of the best live acts to walk the planet....

....almost up there with TD. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Very excited now!!!

I've just got tickets for the Jason Becker's Not Dead Yet Festival in Amsterdam on 13th November. There's already quite a few famous guitarists already signed up for the show and one or two more still to announce.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
batman

Post by batman »

Tomorrow in Athens Roger Waters The Wall Live
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

batman wrote:Tomorrow in Athens Roger Waters The Wall Live
Enjoy. It's going to be awesome.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I saw Toto live yesterday, playing in a beautiful park here in my hometown in Norway, in front of 3500 people. It was really good, they played for 110 minutes, I guess they could have played for another 30 minutes if they wanted to.

Highlights included Home Of The Brave (terrific track), Stop Loving You and Pamela, and the opening instrumental that I don't know the name of.

Of course there were tracks I would have loved to hear, like Anna, A Thousand Years, I Will Remember, I'll Be Over You and even Take My Hand from Dune.

Does anyone know if they play the same set on every gig on this tour? Track list?

Steve Lukather had a fun comment about Joseph Williams "coming straight from the testicles of famous film composer John Williams". :-D

Also, part-time film composer Steve Porcaro shared some words from the stage about his ALS diagnosed brother Jeff.

All in all, a great night.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Insvims wrote:

Don't egt me wrong it was a great gig but the band were singing most of the vocals or the audience what he did sing was good but strained
I saw in the 80's & 90's at Monsters of Rock and in those he was a god but at 59 you have to expect some detoriation
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Got a Dream Theater gig coming up on the 23rd July with Iron Maiden on the 31st
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
hansx

Post by hansx »

Saga in the end of the year. Another progband in this splendid progyear.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:Saga in the end of the year. Another progband in this splendid progyear.
I'd love to see them again but so far they haven't announced any UK dates. :cry:
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:Saga in the end of the year. Another progband in this splendid progyear.
I'd love to see them again but so far they haven't announced any UK dates. :cry:
Guess they will, Germany has a lot of concerts and after that part Holland. So assume that britains turn will be after those ones.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Tomorrow Eddie Jobson in the Boerderij. Looking forward to it.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:Tomorrow Eddie Jobson in the Boerderij. Looking forward to it.
He's an immense talent. Should be a great concert.