Concerts

Six By Nine
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Six By Nine »

Went to see the NME Winners tour last week with Florence & The Machine (reminded me a bit of Siouxie), the White Lies (excellent but strange to see the band with the current no.1 album 3rd on the bill), Friendly Fires (engaging indie electro disco) and Glasvegas (superb - took me right back to seeing J&MC in the 80's - completely split the audience in two but too quiet!).

Going to see the Walkmen tomorrow, don't know much about them but no doubt will be entertaining.
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

Am I the only person here going to gigs?

Anyway the Walkmen were interesting - reminded a bit of the National, good to see 5 blokes from the US in their 30s still prepared to toil around the dives of the UK for the love of performing.

By complete contrast been to the NIA twice this week for the Kaiser Chiefs on Tuesday - entertaining as always although maybe starting to wear a bit thin now and Russell Brand on Thursday who spent most of the time discussing you know what! Funny all the same.
24db

Post by 24db »

went to several last year...but they were (almost) all disapointing and/or I was ill and couldn't go (Ulrich Schnauss...again and M83)
Last edited by 24db on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timer

Post by timer »

Apart from TD in Berlin , Hawkwinds 40th & Motorhead's annual trip there's not alot else come up for me as yet !

And Hawkwinds one is on the Saturday night we are in Berlin for TD's show on the Sunday (and there's no way Im missing that !) .

Bill Bailey has just announced a tour which I wouldn't mind seeing.

It's still early in the year 8)
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

I was glad see Hawkwind when Tim Blake was with them Tim it was cracking gig. Not seen them for years.
The Stoke TDBA Division.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I attended In The Flesh Pink Floyd tribute band last night in Glasgow was just OK..

Off to see Ultravox at Edinburgh Playhouse in April.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Six By Nine wrote:Am I the only person here going to gigs?

Anyway the Walkmen were interesting - reminded a bit of the National, good to see 5 blokes from the US in their 30s still prepared to toil around the dives of the UK for the love of performing.

By complete contrast been to the NIA twice this week for the Kaiser Chiefs on Tuesday - entertaining as always although maybe starting to wear a bit thin now and Russell Brand on Thursday who spent most of the time discussing you know what! Funny all the same.
I've got a few coming up later in the year but nothing to interest anyone here. Kamelot, It Bites, Firewind and stuff.....
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I forgot to mention TD in Edinburgh in November... :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:I forgot to mention TD in Edinburgh in November... :wink:
Im sure there was something in Cardiff :? :wink: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I've been to a lot of pub gigs locally. Nice to see some local talent being aired, and supporting friends' bands etc.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

I'm going to see Throbbing Gristle member Peter Christopherson's solo project, The Threshold Houseboys Choir tonight - should be interesting.

This is an example of his work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaqxlYarMjc
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Just brought a ticket to see one of my fave bands Massive Attack. Shame I dont know any other Massive Attack fans so ill be going alone,but they are so good live it is worth it. Brixton is fairly close as well so not much travel
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Saw Stratovarius, Firewind and Eden's Curse at the Wulfrun Hall in Wolverhapton last night.

All were actually very good.

Eden's Curse look bizarre, there keyboard player is a little on the large side, bald, covered in tatoos and smiles, all through the show, like a muppet.... yet his playing was superb. Their music's a little generic though.

Firewind were full-on for 45 minutes and a real blast. Some very good playing too.

Stratovarius were also very good, not really my sort of stuff, I'm not a big fan of Euro-rock. Again some great playing from their new guy on guitar but Jens Johannson seemed to be quite happy just to coast. They played two new songs which were, by a long way, the best they played so may be there's hope for them.

Had to work this morning so I'm now totally trashed.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Eagles in Arnhem, Dream Theater in Rotterdam, Steve Hackett in Zoetermeer and.......TD in Paris. Will be a great year this year. :D
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

Went to see The Breeders last night with Mrs Ed at the legendary King Tut's in Glasgow. Great to see such a big name band in such an intimate venue. Luckily, they are playing two nights so we are going again tonight -something I would not normally do. Well, it was either that or go see Jean Michel Jarre... :wink: