Kraftwerk DVD

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote: Kratwerk are brilliant!...fact ;)

Kratwerk :?:

Andy, you have been transcribing too many articles, have a break mate, you deserve it.....

PS: I agree with you :P
no, no I'm talking about Kratwerk, Kraftwerk are dire...new age with a beat. Kratwerk are brilliant especially their first album Marta the Bratwurst Muncher meets Nigel the blue Hippo

Im beaten, see you later :oops: :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
hansx

Post by hansx »

I won' t order inmediately, but I am curious to see it.
24db

Post by 24db »

Description:

As innovative as they are influential, Kraftwerk’s contribution to the development of electronic music since their formation in 1970 remains unsurpassed. Having inspired everyone from Bowie to Coldplay, Siouxsie to Radiohead, this bizarre collective have also proven partly responsible for entire genres to develop - electronica, techno and synth-pop to name but three.

This DVD reviews the career and music of Kraftwerk, from their inception in the late 1960s (as pre-Kraftwerk ensemble Organization), through their most celebrated period in the mid 1970s, and culminating with their resurgence during the 1980s with the popularity of synth-pop and techno. The film further explores how Kraftwerk both fitted in and pulled away from the electronic wing of what is often lazily referred to as ‘Krautrock’.

Sparing time also for many of the groups’ contemporaries from the same field, and tracing the unfolding of electronics in German contemporary music generally, this program presents a fascinating story previously untold on film. It features rarely seen live and performance footage of Kraftwerk and of other Electronic and ‘Krautrock’ bands - much from private collections, rare photographs of Kraftwerk and others, exclusive and extensive Interviews with ex-Kraftwerk members and other German ambient and electronic musicians, contributions and enlightenment from German academics, writers and journalists, live and studio recordings of many of Kraftwerk’s pivotal tracks, plus live and studio recordings of many other bands form the ‘Krautrock’ movement.

Track Listing/Features:

Ruckzuck
Kling Klang
Autobahn
Antenna
Radio-Activity
Trans Europe Express
Computer Love
The Robots
The Model
Metropolis
Pocket Calculator
+ many others
Bonus Materials:

Extended Interviews
Special Feature ‘The Dusseldorf Scene Vs. The Hamburg Scene’
Full Contributor Biographies
hansx

Post by hansx »

this seems to be a fine dvd as I look to the details. :D
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

£9.99 on www.play.com
24db

Post by 24db »

kerching...more expense :D
zygote23

Post by zygote23 »

Went to see Kraftwerk in Dublin a couple of weeks ago. Outstanding gig.......shame about the none heads who were ketamined out of their heads and loosing control!
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Hi Zygote! I was there too. Great gig but too bassy for my tastes.
I found this interesting audio interview between Daniel Lanois and Dave Fanning (Irish Radio DJ) where DL discusses his favourite album 'The Man Machine', working with Eno and U2 and his recent 'Here Is What Is' DVD and CD. Check it out at the link below:

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0604/drivetimewithdave.html

Fanning also spoke to Jean Michel Jarre earlier this year. You can hear it here:
http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0129/drivetimewithdave.html
Last edited by TangFanIRL on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

Just got my copy today. Can't wait to watch it later tonight :D
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

Watched the whole 3 hours in one sitting it was so fascinating. I didn't think it would be that good. Something I will come back to again and again.

A few points:

The guy from the Wire magazine was unfair to write off TD's albums from Phaedra onwards. What about Rubycon, Richochet, Sorcerer, Exit, to name but a few? I buy the Wire from time to time as the free cds are very good.

Gary Numan got a hammering as well by that bloke with the long beard. Again, very unfair as Cars and Friends electric are classics and don't sound like they are ripping off Kraftwerk. At least he has gone on to develop his sound instead of being stuck in the 80's bubble like most acts from that era.

I am surprised that Wolfgang wasn't on this DVD as he is very vocal about his time with Kraftwerk.

Nice to see Klaus looking well as I did hear he wasn't too good some time ago. I remember my friend (not seen him for years) Dave Roberts who used to run Space Rider magazine going over to Germany to interview him. He said he was a true host and gave them hours of his time. His wife also supplied drink and food all the time. What a star !!!

Not much on Jarre which was a shame. Nice to see Mike Oldfield get a mention though if only brief but to be fair he isn't in the same genre.

All in all a very good DVD.
24db

Post by 24db »

what does the Wire know anyway?...they'd sooner have a bloke recording his own **** whilst playing a cello with a carrot naked
24db

Post by 24db »

Not surprised that Wolfgang wasn't involved, Ralf & Florian hate his guts
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

Don't they feel the same about Karl? Ralf and Florian had nothing to do with the approval of this DVD anyway.
24db

Post by 24db »

Marbury wrote:
Don't they feel the same about Karl? Ralf and Florian had nothing to do with the approval of this DVD anyway.
you need to get hold of Wolfgang's book on Kraftwerk
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

So far I've watched half of this DVD and must say it is very good and would be of great interest to fans of the genre. TD, Edgar Froese and Schulze feature prominently.