Kraftwerk DVD

Marbury
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Marbury »

Yes, I have read Wolfgang's book.
24db

Post by 24db »

the DVD is one of the best things I've seen on Krautrock (I didn't realise that it would cover the whole electronic scene...with loads of references and photos of TD, their albums and some rare footage).

So far I've watched about 2 hours of it, but I must say that the geezer from the Wire comments are facile at best (when referring to his own TD tastes), infact he doesn't add much even when he's talking about Kraftwerk (Even Pendergast is better!). Far better to leave it to the people who were actually there at the time (the musicians and enginners), rather than scoring cheap points for the lads back at the editorial meeting room.

Highly recommended though....get yourself a copy if you're at all interested in Kraftwerk or german (kraut)rock
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

I recently bought this DVD after watching it on Youtube.

Excellent documentary, the first half covers the background to EM and the German scene at the time, extremely interesting. I'd say this is the best documentary I've seen on this subject and it's long too (about 3 hours).

I also really enjoyed BBC 4's Krautrock: The Rebirth of Germany. But I preferred Kraftwerk and the Electronic Revolution.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

bigmoog wrote:I've never heard of Kraftwerk or 'krautrock' so I will buy this :P
I'm waiting for Guru Guru DVD's ... probably after I'm long gone and everyone of my ashes are long gone ... and disappeared. Hard to believe that we love a Hendrix, a Steve Ray (gotta get Edgar to do Mary Had a Little Lamb -- don't you think?), and Axe and many of the other guitarists that they have played with ... astounding and fun work ... totally ignored and will be wasted ... just like all the California stuff!