Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:04 am 

24db wrote:
http://emportal.boomp.com/emportal.html

Cheers to Jez for suggesting this over at his forum....so I nicked/borrowed it ;)

A lot of familiar names from the EM forum. I read the posts about equipment with great interest, but I'm no musician and I can't pretend to know what they're talking about. It's good there is another outlet. (Apart from Jez's forum).

Post subject: Re: The End?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:00 pm 

EricDraven wrote:
First the cancellation of E-dition magazine, now the closing of the EM forum NL. Two [of a dwindling] source for EM information vanished without warning within months. Now the only remainig EM forums are this one, the "TD fan forum" and [sadly hardly any activity] "Big Moogs".

And add the closing of Quantum, it's also becoming harder to actually purchase some EM. Good case and point, the latest TD releases, no one except Eastgate and Groove are stocking them.

I just recently bought "Blue Dawn" from Groove as I waited for Synth Music Direct [who refuse to stock current TD, as Dave Law says "no one wants them"] or Eurock to offer them, but nothing.

So, is the scene coming to a crashing end? It certainly doesn't bode well for the future.

Mr Law would not answer any of my emails where I asked if they had some TD albums in stock for me to order. The EM charts that they have there count for absolutlely nothing.

Post subject: Re: The End?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:05 pm 

Desert_Voyager wrote:
EricDraven wrote:
First the cancellation of E-dition magazine, now the closing of the EM forum NL. Two [of a dwindling] source for EM information vanished without warning within months. Now the only remainig EM forums are this one, the "TD fan forum" and [sadly hardly any activity] "Big Moogs".

And add the closing of Quantum, it's also becoming harder to actually purchase some EM. Good case and point, the latest TD releases, no one except Eastgate and Groove are stocking them.

I just recently bought "Blue Dawn" from Groove as I waited for Synth Music Direct [who refuse to stock current TD, as Dave Law says "no one wants them"] or Eurock to offer them, but nothing.

So, is the scene coming to a crashing end? It certainly doesn't bode well for the future.

Mr Law would not answer any of my emails where I asked if they had some TD albums in stock for me to order. The EM charts that they have there count for absolutlely nothing.

there's no demand! ;)

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...) All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] 

Jump to: