FAX recommendations

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

Oh I know its not a competition, I am sure a lot of fans do see it that way but its sad when the music comes second to "my collection is better than yours na na na na naaaaaaaaaaaa".

I pretty much have what I want from the early period now apart from Dreamfish FAX edition and a couple of From Within ones and some of the Move D stuff like Pop for Dwoozle which thankfully Pete has reserved me a copy. there is a lot I wont bother with thanks to try before you buy :wink: . I will probably buy most of the new stuff he realeses from here onwards though and pick up the odd old one if I see going cheap.

I have a lot of respect for Pete though as he saw some crazy prices for Cds and thankfully he released more copies like Fires Of Ork for much cheaper as well as other ones so fans who wanted them only had to pay a bit extra than a normal CD
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:Oh I know its not a competition, I am sure a lot of fans do see it that way but its sad when the music comes second to "my collection is better than yours na na na na naaaaaaaaaaaa".

I pretty much have what I want from the early period now apart from Dreamfish FAX edition and a couple of From Within ones and some of the Move D stuff like Pop for Dwoozle which thankfully Pete has reserved me a copy. there is a lot I wont bother with thanks to try before you buy :wink: . I will probably buy most of the new stuff he realeses from here onwards though and pick up the odd old one if I see going cheap.

I have a lot of respect for Pete though as he saw some crazy prices for Cds and thankfully he released more copies like Fires Of Ork for much cheaper as well as other ones so fans who wanted them only had to pay a bit extra than a normal CD
his re-release policy is saving fans a fair bit of money. I just hope he can keep going, what with only 300 copies available of his latest album
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Whats your first impression of that new one anyway?
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:Whats your first impression of that new one anyway?
growing on me a bit...see my comments on Discogs. I had hoped it would be as good as Montana's first FAX album, but IMHO it's not even near...but then again it's not trying to be the same type of music, so I guess I shouldn't be judging it against that. I thought the first track was way too long, but I really like the bass on it....almost like Logos in places (I'm talking about the timbre here, not the tune). Overall the album is solid, but not outstanding. I'm playing some of Kettel's albums at the moment and it blows Labyrinth out of the water
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I agree about that Black Ivy album, really good stuff, I am looking forward to his next solo one.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

By the way did you get any other stuff or just that one album...any winter postcard yet?
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:By the way did you get any other stuff or just that one album...any winter postcard yet?
No I didn't...but there was a winter postcard...I'll forgive Pete for calling me Andrew in it :) :lol: :lol:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:By the way did you get any other stuff or just that one album...any winter postcard yet?
No I didn't...but there was a winter postcard...I'll forgive Pete for calling me Andrew in it :) :lol: :lol:

haha, I used to have a friend at school who hated it. For me I dont mind Matt or Matthew but Matty is a no no :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:

haha, I used to have a friend at school who hated it. For me I dont mind Matt or Matthew but Matty is a no no :wink:
Open goal...must resist (but saves it for another day) ;)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
24db wrote: No I didn't...but there was a winter postcard...I'll forgive Pete for calling me Andrew in it :) :lol: :lol:

Open goal...must resist (but saves it for another day) ;)
yeh dug my own hole there really but as I have got older it doesnt really bother me that much but then no one has said it for years.
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

24db wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

SequenceC wrote:
24db wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll have to call him Mr Kuhlmann from now on ;)
har

Post by har »

Downloaded Namlook / Montana - Labyrinth off itunes.........£10.99 bit steep for a download.

Have to say I am really, really enjoying this one. Mainly ambient, but melodic and with some beats. Early days but potential to be one of my favourite FAX.

Will have to get the first Montana one now
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

har wrote:Downloaded Namlook / Montana - Labyrinth off itunes.........£10.99 bit steep for a download.

Have to say I am really, really enjoying this one. Mainly ambient, but melodic and with some beats. Early days but potential to be one of my favourite FAX.

Labyrinth II is on itunes today, he finished mixing it yesterday itunes today ;-). Not heard thes ones yet mate but I really enjoy Black Ivy.

Just listening to The Putney at this moment.
har

Post by har »

cantosis wrote:
har wrote:Downloaded Namlook / Montana - Labyrinth off itunes.........£10.99 bit steep for a download.

Labyrinth II is on itunes today, he finished mixing it yesterday itunes today ;-). Not heard thes ones yet mate but I really enjoy Black Ivy.

Just listening to The Putney at this moment.
Nice to hear from you Matt, Labyrinth2 out already, blimey, just getting totally into No1. It is superb, will get Black Ivy and No2 SOOOOOON :wink:

Finally got my 3rd ipod, one of the MASSIVE memory ones 8) 8) 8)

Happy days.