FAX recommendations

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:Are you still a member of the Namlook group on Yahoo?. shame it doesnt get any interaction. I might start posting to it.
I think I left it...Chris Franke's sock draw was getting more action ;)

I think it might actually be clsoed now as I cant find it anywhere
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:Are you still a member of the Namlook group on Yahoo?. shame it doesnt get any interaction. I might start posting to it.
I think I left it...Chris Franke's sock draw was getting more action ;)

I think it might actually be clsoed now as I cant find it anywhere

for such a big name it's pretty sad there was no action there, however it would seem that FAX-fans hang out elsewhere
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Pete won`t be very happy I have just noticed someone has bunged a massive FAX download on a torrent site. almost 30gb in size :shock:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:Pete won`t be very happy I have just noticed someone has bunged a massive FAX download on a torrent site. almost 30gb in size :shock:
Been up for two months now without any seeds and will be practically impossible to download :D :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:
cantosis wrote:Pete won`t be very happy I have just noticed someone has bunged a massive FAX download on a torrent site. almost 30gb in size :shock:
Been up for two months now without any seeds and will be practically impossible to download :D :)

I have to admit it was tempting to download it as I have already spent a fair bit of dosh on namlook but than I noticed I only have 25 GB free on my hard drive :shock: :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

I have to admit it was tempting to download it as I have already spent a fair bit of dosh on namlook but than I noticed I only have 25 GB free on my hard drive :shock: :D
As you say it can be tempting with an artist like PN as there is so much rare and limited releases involved,but i really cant see anyone being able to download that amount whatsoever without seeds,and its great for PN that this is the case.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
har

Post by har »

Right, I am in music acquisition mode tonight :wink:

So I am away to check out your blog reviews andy.......think it was either ; shades of orion 1or3 / new organic life / or outland 4 or.................................................................. etc :)

time for a wee itunes plus download before they pull the plug :shock: :roll:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

har wrote:Right, I am in music acquisition mode tonight :wink:

So I am away to check out your blog reviews andy.......think it was either ; shades of orion 1or3 / new organic life / or outland 4 or.................................................................. etc :)

Be warned these fax albums can be very addictive :D . Although I like the New Organic Life albums I would steer clear of them to start with they are an acquired taste.
har

Post by har »

cantosis wrote:
Be warned these fax albums can be very addictive :D .
Too late, I'm hooked 8)

Still deciding, enjoyable experience deciding though :D

Download is however initiallising for Tangram 2008 and D R O. :!: :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

har wrote:Right, I am in music acquisition mode tonight :wink:

Have fun mate...btw they are Andy G's reviews...not mine
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Hope you don`t mind me hijacking your thread Andy. Out of the 30 - 40 albums I have heard I would recommend:

Fires Of Ork 2
Dreamfish 2
Adlernebel (Highly)
Wired(Highly)
Shades Of Orion
Virtual Vices 2 (Highly)
From Within
Planetarium 2
Air - Jeux Dangereux

I would also say that I have not heard a shite album from Namlook/Moufang or Namlook/Spyra yet but I have not heard them all.

I am becoming a bit of a fax nut at the moment, I have done an amazon wishlist for my birthday/xmas and 80% of it is Namlook CDs

:shock:
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:Hope you don`t mind me hijacking your thread Andy. Out of the 30 - 40 albums I have heard I would recommend:

Fires Of Ork 2
Dreamfish 2
Adlernebel (Highly)
Wired(Highly)
Shades Of Orion
Virtual Vices 2 (Highly)
From Within
Planetarium 2
Air - Jeux Dangereux

I would also say that I have not heard a shite album from Namlook/Moufang or Namlook/Spyra yet but I have not heard them all.

I am becoming a bit of a fax nut at the moment, I have done an amazon wishlist for my birthday/xmas and 80% of it is Namlook CDs

:shock:
:D no problem...all good stuff, bar the Inoue noodling stuff which I can't stand, like amplified paint drying only duller IMHO :)
24db

Post by 24db »

new from FAX

"Virtual Vices VI"
(Pete Namlook & Wolfram Spyra)

This CD had been recorded in Clapham (London) and Hšdeshof. The jazz-rock feeling in the music became more intensified and received a more "UK" touch.
This CD could be called "Return to the Future," as it is an advanced modern-day take on the jazz-rock fusions of the past. Typical Namlook pads and soli combined with more distorted sounds of his guitar shine through the compositions. Spyra, on the other hand delved deeper into environmental recordings ("Greenwich Meantime"), harmonics, tricky rhythms and tempo changes. As is typical for FAX, this CD contains an intense emotional component, and takes you on a trip through London with a touch of Hšdeshof courtesy of Pete Namlook.

CD tracks:
Clapham Ratrun 9.15
M-Maybe 5.55
Canterbirth 7.38
Greenwich Meantime 7.28
Snow White 10.54
Wandsworth Wine Tasting 5.33
Ain't No Sunshine On the Tube 7.40

Ambient Jazz-Rock fusion the English way
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:new from FAX

"Virtual Vices VI"
(Pete Namlook & Wolfram Spyra)

This CD had been recorded in Clapham (London) and Hšdeshof. The jazz-rock feeling in the music became more intensified and received a more "UK" touch.
This CD could be called "Return to the Future," as it is an advanced modern-day take on the jazz-rock fusions of the past. Typical Namlook pads and soli combined with more distorted sounds of his guitar shine through the compositions. Spyra, on the other hand delved deeper into environmental recordings ("Greenwich Meantime"), harmonics, tricky rhythms and tempo changes. As is typical for FAX, this CD contains an intense emotional component, and takes you on a trip through London with a touch of Hšdeshof courtesy of Pete Namlook.

CD tracks:
Clapham Ratrun 9.15
M-Maybe 5.55
Canterbirth 7.38
Greenwich Meantime 7.28
Snow White 10.54
Wandsworth Wine Tasting 5.33
Ain't No Sunshine On the Tube 7.40

Ambient Jazz-Rock fusion the English way

Really looking forward to this one, I love these albums and I have only heard 3 of them so far
24db

Post by 24db »

One I missed:

"Krystian Shek - War"
(Krystian Shek)

Five years after his debut on FAX Krystian Shek delivers this extraordinary CD. His music presents a fresh version of both Chill Out and Techno.
This CD was inspired not by the dreadful wars of our time, but by the way people treat each other when they meet by accident in everyday places such as airports and train stations. He collected these impressions and transformed them into musical ideas. He does not try to describe the meetings; instead, he reveals the different perspectives, each in their own beauty, and enables them to coexist peacefully.
We at FAX fell in love with this album and regard it as his best work so far.

CD tracks:
Startbahn West 2.40 / Cherry Girl 4.54 / From Russia with Love 4.56 / Cheese & Rice 5.39 Nuh in the Ark 5.38 / War (The Tranny Meltdown) 7.08 / Tree of Conscience 6.47 War (Original Mix) 6.07 / Back Tag 5.14 / Ocean Interlude Zero 5.28 / Splashin 3.40

Krystian Shek at his best in Chill-Out and Techno