FAX recommendations

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

har wrote:Cheers for the recommendations andy.

And the wee personal one there :wink:

Will check them out 8)
no problem mate, hope you find something you like
24db

Post by 24db »

Har you need these!:

Spyra-Xylocity part II
from the album Invisible Fields

Spyra-Sferics
from Sferics

Pete Namlook & Move D-Nite out

from the Retro Rocket
har

Post by har »

24db wrote:Har you need these!:

Spyra-Xylocity part II
from the album Invisible Fields

Spyra-Sferics
from Sferics

Pete Namlook & Move D-Nite out

from the Retro Rocket
Blimey,

I'm going to busy :wink:

Cheers min :)

Been listening to Virtual for the past two days constantly. Class stuff!
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

If 70's TD were given one (or a combination) of the FAX color codes, which would it be? In other words, which code(s) indicate stuff that uses sequencers and staccato rhythms and drones? Would that be Trance?
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:If 70's TD were given one (or a combination) of the FAX color codes, which would it be? In other words, which code(s) indicate stuff that uses sequencers and staccato rhythms and drones? Would that be Trance?
I think different albums would get different colours...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Sfearical Sequence

billythefish wrote:
Sfearical Sequence wrote:If 70's TD were given one (or a combination) of the FAX color codes, which would it be? In other words, which code(s) indicate stuff that uses sequencers and staccato rhythms and drones? Would that be Trance?
I think different albums would get different colours...
Perhaps I should have narrowed that range a bit further. I'm thinking more '74-'77 rather than earlier 70s, basically the FFB era spanning Ricochet through Encore. I don't know if there are any FAX recordings that mimic a specific era of TD that closely, but if there are, it would be helpful to know how the find them.

I like all of the Dark Side of the Moog stuff, so I'm looking for more stuff like that, and (outside of FAX) more things like Redshift and Free System Project.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

The new Namlook album is well worth a listen as well:

ARTIST: NAMLOOK, PETE
TITLE: Subconcious Worlds
LABEL: FAX

DESCRIPTION: Driving Rhythms, Dreamscapes and Intense Atmospheres Our lives influence our dreams as our dreams influence our lives. The subconscious mind lives on in our dreams. exploring worlds impossible in our own. But what happens when those worlds and minds collide? Live the dream or dream the life. Subconscious Worlds dives deep into this theme and is, like our dreams and our life, boun- cing constantly between driving rhythms, dreamscapes & intense atmospheres. Never superficial, always intense. Sometimes calm, sometimes moving. DTS 5.1 Music Disc/Stereo 2CD. For compatibility reasons (to listen to the music in the car or at your friend’s or if you don’t own a DTS capable 5.1 Surround System) we included a stereo CD version in the double CD-pack.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:The new Namlook album is well worth a listen as well:

DESCRIPTION: Driving Rhythms, Dreamscapes and Intense Atmospheres Our lives influence our dreams as our dreams influence our lives. The subconscious mind lives on in our dreams. exploring worlds impossible in our own. But what happens when those worlds and minds collide? Live the dream or dream the life. Subconscious Worlds dives deep into this theme and is, like our dreams and our life, boun- cing constantly between driving rhythms, dreamscapes & intense atmospheres. Never superficial, always intense. Sometimes calm, sometimes moving. DTS 5.1 Music Disc/Stereo 2CD. For compatibility reasons (to listen to the music in the car or at your friend’s or if you don’t own a DTS capable 5.1 Surround System) we included a stereo CD version in the double CD-pack.
talking of which you can order CDs directly from Pete, as I did the other day. Just email him...mind you the double CDs ain't cheap...about 31 euros, including postage and bit for Paypal Costs. I'm too frightened to work out what that is in pounds :D. I think we all have to checkout the music before hand or download it, so we don't end up with dustcatchers
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:The new Namlook album is well worth a listen as well:

talking of which you can order CDs directly from Pete, as I did the other day. Just email him...mind you the double CDs ain't cheap...about 31 euros, including postage and bit for Paypal Costs. I'm too frightened to work out what that is in pounds :D. I think we all have to checkout the music before hand or download it, so we don't end up with dustcatchers

Yes I think I need to slow down, I have got a few gash CDs lately. which ones would you say I shouldn`t bother buying, that would be easier 8)
har

Post by har »

Been checking out all the namlook stuf on i tunes and Andy's blog.

"Dreamfish" and all the Spyra solo stuff is not i tunes plus for some reason so will have to get them from CDS.

After careful research decided to go for Silence V initially and it is beautiful stuff.

Next one is going to be Shades of Orion 3 for cosmicness and New Organic Life for weirdness.

8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

har wrote:Been checking out all the namlook stuf on i tunes and Andy's blog.

"Dreamfish" and all the Spyra solo stuff is not i tunes plus for some reason so will have to get them from CDS.

After careful research decided to go for Silence V initially and it is beautiful stuff.

Next one is going to be Shades of Orion 3 for cosmicness and New Organic Life for weirdness.

8)

I have New Organic Life 3. Its a bloody strange album, not much structure to it just noises but its strangely enjoyable.
Sfearical Sequence

I discovered I like the one called Sequential. Much of the Spyra stuff is nice, but bits of it are a little too jazzy for me. Still, electronic jazz is something of a novelty.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis

Post by cantosis »

You mentioned you have got directly from Pete, was this one of the ones you got?
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:

You mentioned you have got directly from Pete, was this one of the ones you got?
yes