FAX recommendations

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

btw Har, my blog has ALL of Andy G's reviews of these albums

http://abstractprojection.blogspot.com/ ... mfish.html
har

Post by har »

Checked out all three there.

Blimey :shock:

Good stuff.

I have acquired a new music interest to add to the 8 zillion others :wink:

Cheers for that!
24db

Post by 24db »

har wrote:Checked out all three there.

Blimey :shock:

Good stuff.

I have acquired a new music interest to add to the 8 zillion others :wink:

Cheers for that!
no problem, always good to find something new. I'd also recommend the Dark Side of Moog 5 and 7, Jensen and Namlook-Fires of Ork 2 and a track I've always loved 'The Long Forgotten trail' from Adlernebel...you can get 5p if you can guess the sample used on it :)
24db

Post by 24db »

Totally off topic (just in case you lot haven't heard it) but...Richard Pinhas-Greenland (from Iceland)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:Like TD...when go for Dreamfish:

Dreamfish
(Pete Namlook & Mixmaster Morris)
The reissue of the successful first collaboration of Pete Namlook and Mixmaster Morris. #3 on the official Music Week Dance Album Charts back in September 1993. Quite astonishing for an Ambient album.

Swim with the music, let the deep sea ambient float out of your speakers and enjoy the waves in your room. Join Pete and Morris at their trip under the ocean following the path of the Dreamfish.

School of Fish 18.26
Hymn 28.09
Fishology 9.25
Under Water 15.18

Live the Dream - Dream the Fish

Csant seem to flog my copy on ebay ;). Its a good album though but I am not bothered about owning the CD.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:Like TD...when go for Dreamfish:

Dreamfish
(Pete Namlook & Mixmaster Morris)
The reissue of the successful first collaboration of Pete Namlook and Mixmaster Morris. #3 on the official Music Week Dance Album Charts back in September 1993. Quite astonishing for an Ambient album.

Swim with the music, let the deep sea ambient float out of your speakers and enjoy the waves in your room. Join Pete and Morris at their trip under the ocean following the path of the Dreamfish.

School of Fish 18.26
Hymn 28.09
Fishology 9.25
Under Water 15.18

Live the Dream - Dream the Fish

Csant seem to flog my copy on ebay ;). Its a good album though but I am not bothered about owning the CD.
not everything on FAX is collectible...sadly.
24db

Post by 24db »

New release from FAX (No idea what it's like yet)

"Sequential"
(Pete Namlook & DJ Criss) feat. Tetsu Inoue on "Saturn Cruises"

Sequential was the first Techno/Trance project from Pete Namlook and DJ Criss, which they started in 1991. Their releases had been very successful, especially "Sequential" (The Prophet) and "A Trip to Paradise". Sequential contains several ambient pieces which were recorded long before the techno movement began.
"Sonne" was recorded in 1986 for a New Age compilation, but was rejected by the label as being "too deep." In 1991 it was time to include this track on Sequential, where it was seen as "innovative". The combination of an ambient track along with a trance track on a 12" release had not been done before.
In summer 2008, the brilliant documentary DVD "We Call it Techno!" (www.sensemusic.de) featured large portions of "Sonne" and "Ambient Block".
Due to public demand and the high prices paid for "Sequential" on the Internet, we decide to reissue this brilliant CD, which further proves the timeless nature of FAX music.

CD tracks:
Sequential 6.51 / 20.000 Leagues under the Sea 6.59 / A Trip to Paradise 9.24
Sonne 5.23 / Saturn Cruises 11.29 / Duane Sky 5.36 / X-ray Delta One 8.28
Ambient Block 15.57 (Sequenchill - Mission Control #2 - Lost in the Sea)
Everything is under Control 6.48

Timeless Trance and Ambient music...THE Classic
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:New release from FAX (No idea what it's like yet)

"Sequential"

Sequential was the first Techno/Trance project from Pete Namlook and DJ Criss, which they started in 1991. Their releases had been very successful, especially "Sequential" (The Prophet) and "A Trip to Paradise". Sequential contains several ambient pieces which were recorded long before the techno movement began.
"Sonne" was recorded in 1986 for a New Age compilation, but was rejected by the label as being "too deep." In 1991 it was time to include this track on Sequential, where it was seen as "innovative". The combination of an ambient track along with a trance track on a 12" release had not been done before.
In summer 2008, the brilliant documentary DVD "We Call it Techno!" (www.sensemusic.de) featured large portions of "Sonne" and "Ambient Block".
Due to public demand and the high prices paid for "Sequential" on the Internet, we decide to reissue this brilliant CD, which further proves the timeless nature of FAX music.

CD tracks:

Didn't some 'Sequential' tracks appear on early ambient compilations? I must check my vinyl later as it sounds very familiar.... comps such as 'Chill out or Die' and the Volume Series...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:

"Sequential"

CD tracks:

Didn't some 'Sequential' tracks appear on early ambient compilations? I must check my vinyl later as it sounds very familiar.... comps such as 'Chill out or Die' and the Volume Series...
I think so, this is a re-issue afterall
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

"Sequential"

CD tracks:

Sounds very interesting, I will have to wait a while to get any more new music with my wallet though.
har

Post by har »

Andy / 24db

I asked you for something ambient/jazz/Tangerine Dreamish, and you hit the nail on the head with your recommendation of Namlook/Spyra -Virtual Vices 4.

Brilliant album. Wide range of styles on these trax, like them all, but especially the long one Philomela Nocturne. Reminds me much of early 70s Dream.

So thanks again, will be sussing out more of the 9 (NINE :shock: ) pages of stuff on i tunes.

:D
24db

Post by 24db »

har wrote:Andy / 24db

I asked you for something ambient/jazz/Tangerine Dreamish, and you hit the nail on the head with your recommendation of Namlook/Spyra -Virtual Vices 4.

Brilliant album. Wide range of styles on these trax, like them all, but especially the long one Philomela Nocturne. Reminds me much of early 70s Dream.

So thanks again, will be sussing out more of the 9 (NINE :shock: ) pages of stuff on i tunes.

:D
no problem mate. It's good to introduce people to new stuff. To be honest I don't think you can go wrong with most things with Spyra on, he's a quality artist. Pete started out as a Jazz guitarist, so it' not surprise that that side of his musical history should come out from time to time.
The Virtual Vices series (I think there's 5 from memory) all have Wolfram's characteristic electric piano sound, plus some of the weird home built instruments he uses.

Checkout the blog for more recommendations...plus all the reviews from Andy G
24db

Post by 24db »

24db

Post by 24db »

recommended track for Har ;)

Pete Namlook- Go No Go (from Namlook XIV Solarized)...not Jazz like, but a cracking track (just make sure you get the whole 12.33 long version)
har

Post by har »

Cheers for the recommendations andy.

And the wee personal one there :wink:

Will check them out 8)