EM forum down?

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:There were a lot of good folk over there. There were also a good few assholes who always had something to say even if they didn't know what they were talking about. THe TD section was a joke but a few of us kept it at least a wee bit interesting. Some of the snobbish posts were funny although they weren't intended to be.
That was my take on things, a few spoiling it for the many. In the end it was becoming a bit of a ghost forum.

ghost forum? have you looked at my forum recentlee :arrow: :D

hopefully many survivors of the emforum extinction event will migrate across the net to here and there and over there :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
ambientlive

Post by ambientlive »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:I'm sure a few EMforum refugees will migrate over here....bless 'em ;)
I think the exodus may have already started.
check date registered :shock:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

ambientlive wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:I'm sure a few EMforum refugees will migrate over here....bless 'em ;)
I think the exodus may have already started.
check date registered :shock:
I did. :?
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
ambientlive

Post by ambientlive »

emforum closed on 26 Jan
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

ambientlive wrote:emforum closed on 26 Jan
And Phrozenlight joined 27th Jan.
ambientlive

Post by ambientlive »

I hope there's not that 'us and them' stuff here, that would be ironic, reading the prior posts in this thread
:roll:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

ambientlive wrote:I hope there's not that 'us and them' stuff here, that would be ironic, reading the prior posts in this thread
:roll:
Nothing of the sort. I was merely responding to a previous post that suggested there may be a migration of EM fans to this forum, now that the EMForum has closed.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:There were a lot of good folk over there. There were also a good few assholes who always had something to say even if they didn't know what they were talking about. THe TD section was a joke but a few of us kept it at least a wee bit interesting. Some of the snobbish posts were funny although they weren't intended to be.
That was my take on things, a few spoiling it for the many. In the end it was becoming a bit of a ghost forum.

ghost forum? have you looked at my forum recentlee :arrow: :D
Actually I pop in there quite a lot, it gives me a bit of a chuckle, there are some great posts, sadly I ain't got that much to say. It's the same with Pertou's forum. Also it gets a bit confusing posting to multiple sites, for example on the emforum I really hate TD....damn shouldn't have said that. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
JD wrote:
Let the TD hatred posts begin ! :wink:
That thought had crossed my mind as well, but any such posts will probably fall on deaf ears here. Who knows, there may be a new found appreciation of post '84 TD, for those that find their way to this forum. :wink:
Maybe, maybe not. I've always thought what marks you as fan is what you like, not what you don't. I don't collect music I hate, so why spend so much energy discussing stuff I don't like?.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
JD wrote: Let the TD hatred posts begin ! :wink:
That thought had crossed my mind as well, but any such posts will probably fall on deaf ears here. Who knows, there may be a new found appreciation of post '84 TD, for those that find their way to this forum. :wink:
Maybe, maybe not. I've always thought what marks you as fan is what you like, not what you don't. I don't collect music I hate, so why spend so much energy discussing stuff I don't like?.
Personally, I welcome anybody that wants to discuss pre '84 TD, as I prefer that era also. I have however unearthed many gems after this period and I'm grateful for this, as it stops me repeating that "the Virgin years are the best, FFB was my favourite line-up and Stratosfear is the greatest" :roll: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: That thought had crossed my mind as well, but any such posts will probably fall on deaf ears here. Who knows, there may be a new found appreciation of post '84 TD, for those that find their way to this forum. :wink:
Personally, I welcome anybody that wants to discuss pre '84 TD, as I prefer that era also. I have however unearthed many gems after this period and I'm grateful for this, as it stops me repeating that "the Virgin years are the best, FFB was my favourite line-up and Stratosfear is the greatest" :roll: :wink:
Do you like Stratosfear Mick? ;)

I guess I'm weird (feel free to agree :D)....in that I can hear a direct connection running through every single TD album, whilst others want to split up TD into seperate TD's, eras, lineups, fair widths etc ;)
Nobody enjoys a discussion on old TD as much as me (well, possibly BM and Colin do...but moving on), provided there's a degree of give and take between the fans of 1967 and 2007. It's just music, you can minutely disect every album and say why Rubycon isn't Rockoon (no Sherbbet!), you can get your frequency meters out and compare Phaedra with Stratosfear and say one had more bass, but in the end it always boils down to whether I like the music. The technology (although rather nice I might add), means nothing, absolutely nothing if you have nothing to say, sequencers, ring-mods and laptops do not 'alone' good music make.

I still think Ricochet is the best ;)...but then again I love Neptunes as much...go figure :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

great post andy

im off to listen to metaphor : which is lovely

zeittime is nice as well

and as for rubycon :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote: Do you like Stratosfear Mick? ;)
What gave it away?
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote: I guess I'm weird (feel free to agree :D)....in that I can hear a direct connection running through every single TD album, whilst others want to split up TD into seperate TD's, eras, lineups, fair widths etc ;)
Nobody enjoys a discussion on old TD as much as me (well, possibly BM and Colin do...but moving on), provided there's a degree of give and take between the fans of 1967 and 2007. It's just music, you can minutely disect every album and say why Rubycon isn't Rockoon (no Sherbbet!), you can get your frequency meters out and compare Phaedra with Stratosfear and say one had more bass, but in the end it always boils down to whether I like the music. The technology (although rather nice I might add), means nothing, absolutely nothing if you have nothing to say, sequencers, ring-mods and laptops do not 'alone' good music make.

I still think Ricochet is the best ;)...but then again I love Neptunes as much...go figure :D
I'm still buying some of the later stuff and thoroughly enjoying most of it. I've discovered many recent tracks that have made my jaw drop and got me very excited. TD continue to inspire, astound and impress! :D
batman

Post by batman »

I read the opinions of Ron Boots because closed the forum. And agree. I am afraid however all those people come in the TD forum.
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754