EM forum down?

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

i followed emforum's recent up down presence...initially it looked like it was down for admin, then it appeared to be hacked....and now its gorne

too many blowtorch flamers, know alls, spite riders and trollish wally's have killed what at times was a useful forum despite the obvious anti td (especially the 'nuffin worth anything post 87 brigade...) bias there. its about music and in this case its not about discussion on music but personal and professional vendettas....barmy

lets hope it dont happen (again) at the TD forums........

BM leaves forum fora while cos he is effing kanckered from being online for 38 hours straight
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:It wont be the TD slayers there who had it closed down,that was allowed to go on with no strings attached for a long time...........someone must have upset the hierarchy me thinks :roll:
There were quite a number of musicians (of varying quality), who frequented the forum. Some of these displayed a level of professional jealousy that astounded me. I stopped posting there some time ago and recently stopped visting the site completely, so I probably won't miss it, but I feel sorry that EM fans have lost an outlet to discuss their passion.

There are a dwindling number of live EM events and the closure of Quantum's online shop and the cessation of the Trees and Leaves project, have severely damaged the genre. I hope that the rest of 2007 will see EM rise from the ashes and re-establish itself, with TD at the fore (of course). :)
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
RemoteViewing81

Post by RemoteViewing81 »

It was a good site for discovering lessor known talent, but I think they went WAY overboard in the rules department. :roll:
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Well I visit the site every day and sometimes I leave with a bad ,bad feeling. Your afraid to post that youve been listening to a TD album in fear of the sly remarks you get ..However there is a lot to learn on that site so I'll continue to visit. This forum is THE best though.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

The EM forum is now gone for good. :cry: Ach well looks like I'll spend more time here :D
EricDraven

Post by EricDraven »

There were alot of wankers on there. I remember one topic about NODE that I replied to. I simply stated that I didn't see what all the fuss was about them, and some berk accused me of being a "semi knowledgeable troll". Please, I've forgotten more then this schlmeal will ever know.
Electronic music for sale at
http://www.synthnation.weebly.com
JD

Post by JD »

yeah i know what yhu mean Eric. While I never posted there I noticed a certain agressive clique that pounced on anybody that dared to like post 1974 TD......im glad this place closed down.I dont see a place that only damaged the future of elecronic music (through its ignorance) as anything worthy of being online.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

There were a lot of good folk over there. There were also a good few assholes who always had something to say even if they didn't know what they were talking about. THe TD section was a joke but a few of us kept it at least a wee bit interesting. Some of the snobbish posts were funny although they weren't intended to be.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

EricDraven wrote: and some berk accused me of being a "semi knowledgeable troll".
They were probably thinking of me. :wink:
ambientlive

Post by ambientlive »

well I got banned twice from emforum which is a bit of a record,
so I might be one of those nasty awful people
then again I might not, since I only ever
tell it like it is, and sometimes
the truth hurts
24db

Post by 24db »

I'm sure a few EMforum refugees will migrate over here....bless 'em ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:I'm sure a few EMforum refugees will migrate over here....bless 'em ;)
I think the exodus may have already started.
JD

Post by JD »

24db wrote:I'm sure a few EMforum refugees will migrate over here....bless 'em ;)
Let the TD hatred posts begin ! :wink:
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

JD wrote:
Let the TD hatred posts begin ! :wink:
That thought had crossed my mind as well, but any such posts will probably fall on deaf ears here. Who knows, there may be a new found appreciation of post '84 TD, for those that find their way to this forum. :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:There were a lot of good folk over there. There were also a good few assholes who always had something to say even if they didn't know what they were talking about. THe TD section was a joke but a few of us kept it at least a wee bit interesting. Some of the snobbish posts were funny although they weren't intended to be.
That was my take on things, a few spoiling it for the many. In the end it was becoming a bit of a ghost forum.