EM forum down?

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:hmmmm I think we're a 'tad' unfair, there's some good posts over there. It's a bit too easy to just hone in on the more 'extreme' views, from time to time.
Some people can see the place for what it is so why try to see it through rose tinted spectacles?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:hmmmm I think we're a 'tad' unfair, there's some good posts over there. It's a bit too easy to just hone in on the more 'extreme' views, from time to time.
Some people can see the place for what it is so why try to see it through rose tinted spectacles?

There are many good parts on that forum but as DV says the "Tangerine Dream" section is certainly NOT one of them.........they are sitting Ducks there :x
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Cos I'm me, and you're you. I just gave an opinion :)
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

I agree Andy, yes the TD section is not pretty reading at times, but there are plenty of good posts and the forum as directed me to some great artists such as Gert Emmens and the Omega Syndicate.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hyperboreauk wrote:
I agree Andy, yes the TD section is not pretty reading at times, but there are plenty of good posts and the forum as directed me to some great artists such as Gert Emmens and the Omega Syndicate.
I think it's good if you like the current music that's coming out of Holland or here in the UK (I don't personally, so I tend to avoid those forums), it's here they are at their best, but when it's a more established group then 'everything' is polarised and the problems start.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:arrow: emforum.nl is good when bigmoog posts :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
er.... yes, I gave a negative opinion of your negative opinion of mine.... but I didn't say you were wrong to give one, did I? as that would make me similar to the admin at EMforum and some of the most vicious members, there.
Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: Some people can see the place for what it is so why try to see it through rose tinted spectacles?
er.... yes, I gave a negative opinion of your negative opinion of mine.... but I didn't say you were wrong to give one, did I? as that would make me similar to the admin at EMforum and some of the most vicious members, there :) :)
My fault, I was responding to 'everyone's' comments, not just your own.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote: Cos I'm me, and you're you. I just gave an opinion :)
er.... yes, I gave a negative opinion of your negative opinion of mine.... but I didn't say you were wrong to give one, did I? as that would make me similar to the admin at EMforum and some of the most vicious members, there :) :)
Honestly, you are not at fault and niether am I. We just don't agree on this, never mind. :)
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: er.... yes, I gave a negative opinion of your negative opinion of mine.... but I didn't say you were wrong to give one, did I? as that would make me similar to the admin at EMforum and some of the most vicious members, there :) :)
Honestly, you are not at fault and niether am I. We just don't agree on this, never mind. :)
Yeah, I know :D :D
24db

Bloody Hell! :O

Post by 24db »

The EM Forum has closed.
As of this moment the EMForum is closed.

Why?

This forum provided a very good opportunity to interact and share information about our common love Electronic Music.
We had hoped that this forum would and could be a place for fans to meet and greet, discuss our music and exchange ideas.

This can only work if certain rules are set, but more important also followed and lived by.
And it is this case that showed us more and more that it was no longer possible to keep this forum open.
However, the constant stream of bending and breaking these rules was not the main issue to close it;
the response that the Moderators got after an email to abide the rules of the forum was.

Every time they had to go into a discussion with forum members,
especially some of the musicians about these rules,
and often they got an improper or even rude response.
(I put it very!! mildly considering that terms like Tyrant, Nazi etc where being used.)
At that point the fun goes out of everything.
Forum moderators are no human pinata to be abused.
James and Kees, I think you did a great job, thanks for all your hard work and sorry for all the abuse.
You guys where the foundation of the EM Forum.

For al those who participated positively on this forum a big thanks, you made it to what it was:
a thriving place where we would discuss, write and tell about our passion.
That it closed down was not your fault. Not ours, and not the the lack of good topics.
It was the lack of respect by some and the attacks by others that are the sole reason.
This could have been a great source of information, even promotion if you followed the rules.
Now, there is nothing.
A missed opportunity for many, killed by a few.
What a waste.

Ron Boots
JD

Re: Bloody Hell! :O

Post by JD »

24db wrote:The EM Forum has closed.

Why?

This forum provided a very good opportunity to interact and share information about our common love Electronic Music.
We had hoped that this forum would and could be a place for fans to meet and greet, discuss our music and exchange ideas.

This can only work if certain rules are set, but more important also followed and lived by.
And it is this case that showed us more and more that it was no longer possible to keep this forum open.
However, the constant stream of bending and breaking these rules was not the main issue to close it;
the response that the Moderators got after an email to abide the rules of the forum was.

(I put it very!! mildly considering that terms like Tyrant, Nazi etc where being used.)
James and Kees, I think you did a great job, thanks for all your hard work and sorry for all the abuse.

For al those who participated positively on this forum a big thanks, you made it to what it was:
That it closed down was not your fault. Not ours, and not the the lack of good topics.
It was the lack of respect by some and the attacks by others that are the sole reason.
This could have been a great source of information, even promotion if you followed the rules.
Now, there is nothing.
What a waste.

Ron Boots
why not just ban the few 'nasty' folk ? it all reads a bit like a tantrum to me.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

It wont be the TD slayers there who had it closed down,that was allowed to go on with no strings attached for a long time...........someone must have upset the hierarchy me thinks :roll:
24db

Re: Bloody Hell! :O

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:
24db wrote:The EM Forum has closed.

Why?

Now, there is nothing.
What a waste.

Ron Boots
why not just ban the few 'nasty' folk ? it all reads a bit like a tantrum to me.
i think the words needle and camels back come to mind. But....it is a shame.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I have hardly used it for months,to many TD snipers there for me.......im all for positive criticism but the comments there were far beyond that.....it was spiteful s*** :x Its sad its gone tho as it was a very good forum. :(