EM forum down?

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Seeker_UK wrote:Hi All.

EM Forum dead?

Bummer.

Too many poisonous and obnoxious little gnomes with nothing positive to say about anyone except the "made men" of EM.

Good riddance I say, hopefully it'll mean a new forum independent of music distributors will fill the void.

Welcome Back Stuart...............where have you been :?:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
I think Rons statement fairly clearly shows where the problem lies, which is shame for the 99% of the forum members that always got along and didn't have to email the mods with abuse. Now everyone has lost a good place for information and a site to advertise their music, I still used to read it from time to time.
I don't. I think it is utterly biased, as the moderators enforced some very strange rules with instant bans.... and they gave rude messages.... and their clique were permitted to make extremely rude insinuations to some members, I am not surprised that their abuse was met back with abuse. Only the ones who didn't get banned because they went with the flow have lost "their" forum. I think that there will be another forum that will be dominated by sour grapes and "experts on everything" to take its place already.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:
I think Rons statement fairly clearly shows where the problem lies, which is shame for the 99% of the forum members that always got along and didn't have to email the mods with abuse. Now everyone has lost a good place for information and a site to advertise their music, I still used to read it from time to time.
I don't. I think it is utterly biased, as the moderators enforced some very strange rules with instant bans.... and they gave rude messages.... and their clique were permitted to make extremely rude insinuations to some members, I am not surprised that their abuse was met back with abuse. Only the ones who didn't get banned because they went with the flow have lost "their" forum. I think that there will be another forum that will be dominated by sour grapes and "experts on everything" to take its place already.
I know I got a couple of snotty remarks when I left emforum, one of which was from one of the mods I seem to remember.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

bigmoog wrote:have a look at

http://emportal.phpbb24.com
I see that the thought police have created a section called,
"Classic EM period 1969-1987" where you can discuss TD etc.... It's a variant of stating the point of view that TD died in 1987 as if it was a fact. So, if you wanted to discuss many of the classic EM albums since 1987 such as Optical Race (1988), you would have to use the Comtemporary Style section.... now that is absolutely absurd.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Desert_Voyager wrote:

"Classic EM period 1969-1987" where you can discuss TD etc.... It's a variant of stating the point of view that TD died in 1987 as if it was a fact. So, if you wanted to discuss many of the classic EM albums since 1987 such as Optical Race (1988), you would have to use the Comtemporary Style section.... now that is absolutely absurd.
Yet more tiresome behaviour :( zzzzz :roll:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

epsilon75 wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:

Yet more tiresome behaviour :( zzzzz :roll:
Good luck to anyone whose favourite music includes TD post 1987. I see that one TD fan who introduced himself there was immediately encouraged to share his other EM interests too. The pressure is on.... you had better not mention TD post 1987 there much, unless it's in a negative way, of course :roll:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

him as bigmoog is now a member there and will post when he see fit to do so: let them be in no doubt, to flame me will incure the WRATH OF KHAN :arrow: :arrow:
peaceBwithU

Post by peaceBwithU »

ambientlive wrote:well I got banned twice from emforum which is a bit of a record,
so I might be one of those nasty awful people
then again I might not, since I only ever
tell it like it is, and sometimes
the truth hurts
Damn.. You also got banned twice??

I think you hit it on the head when you mentioned (several times) that a forum is made up of the sum of it's members.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

peaceBwithU wrote:
ambientlive wrote:well I got banned twice from emforum which is a bit of a record,
so I might be one of those nasty awful people
then again I might not, since I only ever
tell it like it is, and sometimes
the truth hurts
Damn.. You also got banned twice??

I think you hit it on the head when you mentioned (several times) that a forum is made up of the sum of it's members.

seems to be an interesting array of new members over there 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

Same old, same old.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

bm banned bm from hiis forum for daring to post a thread on the merits of jellybeans coated in sugar dipped in whizz whilelistening to freesystemproject at 140db back of thee hall

bm is not well :wink: :wink:
peaceBwithU

Post by peaceBwithU »

batman wrote:I read the opinions of Ron Boots because closed the forum. And agree. I am afraid however all those people come in the TD forum.
I thought what Ron wrote was total rubbish. It shows that he is just as self absorbed as Kees and James who were the overbearing admins.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:bm banned bm from hiis forum for daring to post a thread on the merits of jellybeans coated in sugar dipped in whizz whilelistening to freesystemproject at 140db back of thee hall

bm is not well :wink: :wink:

Bring a bag of those to the next gig,i will have 2lbs please 8)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

colin you are a top geezer

pleeze pm or email me nearer thee time to co ordinate meeting as bm EDIT :arrow: :shock: :shock: