Music

Insvims
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Music

Post by Insvims »

sorcerer wrote:Image

TD - Melrose

Now this is not my favourite era of TD, however listening this on LP at the moment. Some great TD music and tunes. Sound quality is excellent on vinyl.
For me this is one of the best albums ever. Absolutely amazing tracks. Top three from TD!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:

TD - Melrose

Now this is not my favourite era of TD, however listening this on LP at the moment. Some great TD music and tunes. Sound quality is excellent on vinyl.
For me this is one of the best albums ever. Absolutely amazing tracks. Top three from TD!
Politically incorrect, but I kind of agree.

Heck, even TQ and US kind of dismiss this period of TD. A pity.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Top 3 from TD , interesting.

Mine, probably;

Rubycon
Phaedra
Force Majeure

Although this changes from time to time with Tangram , Zeit , Ricochet entering the chart 8)

70s Dream is my thing , however there are so many good albums all the way through the extensive discography, including the past ten years, and especially the more recent releases.

Be interested to here your top 3s.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Robert Rich - Tactile Ground

Just ordered this from CD Baby (recommended store). Currently listening via streaming services. This is a double ambient CD consisting of nearly two hours of some of the most haunting and beautiful ambient music I have heard. Reminicent in parts with the excellent albums Soma and Strata that Robert Rich did with Steve Roach in the early 90's.
This new masterful release from Robert Rich is really recommended.

CD Baby: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/robertrich43
Robert Rich: https://robertrich.com/
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Le Parc. This has grown on me very much over the years.

now...

Epsilon. So good.

Both on vinyl.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Think I’ll post in the music thread whilst here :P

A stunning collection of ambient music on the ...txt label. Almost 6 hours of really beautiful ambient music. So good.

https://txtrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/nagual-5
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Complete and utter masterpiece of gargantuan proportions.
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

Hello people,

I myself am a big fan of the so called: "Melrose years". I simply love: "Optical Race", "Lily on the Beach" & "Melrose". I started out listening to TD back in 1988, when I was 16 years young. These 3 albums are very dear and special to me. After these I collected quite an amount of TD material. I like: "Tyger", "Livemiles", "Underwater sunlight" & "Logos" very much too! TD's discography is quite large. Not all of it has my interest. I mean the 60's & 70's sounds in particular. All TD music after 1980 till now is soothing to my ears. So I don't own all albums of TD. Although I listened to all of them.

All good things:

-FS- fka -MD-
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl
Jon

Post by Jon »

Misterdance wrote:Hello people,

I myself am a big fan of the so called: "Melrose years". I simply love: "Optical Race", "Lily on the Beach" & "Melrose". I started out listening to TD back in 1988, when I was 16 years young. These 3 albums are very dear and special to me. After these I collected quite an amount of TD material. I like: "Tyger", "Livemiles", "Underwater sunlight" & "Logos" very much too! TD's discography is quite large. Not all of it has my interest. I mean the 60's & 70's sounds in particular. All TD music after 1980 till now is soothing to my ears. So I don't own all albums of TD. Although I listened to all of them.

All good things:

-FS- fka -MD-
Heard this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rJYmcwcGOQ
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

Thanks Jon!

Nice album. At most the first track, called: "Torchlight".
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl
hansx

Post by hansx »

Now listening to TD-Live at the Philharmony Szczecin. Love this one.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Another copy of this purchased on vinyl. Mainly for the album art which I am framing to go up with all my other favourite albums of all time...Seconds Out...Close To The Edge...Topographic Oceans...Animals etc etc. I need to get additional Phaedra and Rubycon LPs. Stunning album covers.

So just listened to Force Majeure there. What a magnificent work it is. The thing that stood out on this listen for me was the quality and inspirational guitar playing from Edgar. Probably the best ever from Mr Froese on a TD album ? I try not to listen to this album too often as I do not want to become jaded or too familiar with it. Top 3 TD for me. Absolutely stunning music. 70s Dream 8)
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Another copy of this purchased on vinyl. Mainly for the album art which I am framing to go up with all my other favourite albums of all time...Seconds Out...Close To The Edge...Topographic Oceans...Animals etc etc. I need to get additional Phaedra and Rubycon LPs. Stunning album covers.

So just listened to Force Majeure there. What a magnificent work it is. The thing that stood out on this listen for me was the quality and inspirational guitar playing from Edgar. Probably the best ever from Mr Froese on a TD album ? I try not to listen to this album too often as I do not want to become jaded or too familiar with it. Top 3 TD for me. Absolutely stunning music. 70s Dream 8)
There is a reason why Force Majeure is my avatar. I had tried Tangerine Dreams music in early 90's, but I never understood how important this band is because in Finland TD has always been very unknown and nobody talks about it. I knew about them because some of my electronic music favorites such as LFO and Autechre mention them as their influences, but for my young ears back in early 90's the cosmic 70's sounds of TD were "outdated", but that was my own ignorance, no the music itself. Some 15 years later I decided to check out TD again with less ignorant ears. Internet helped me to study the band. I I was shocked to learn the band still existed and made music all the time! Back in the 90's I was in the impession they have maybe 10 albums and Tyger is perhaps the last of them. There was no internet to Google this stuff! If you didn't know you didn't know! I understood they were MASSIVE! In Finland only Kraftwerk is known of these old pioneers. I am not into Kraftwerk myself.

Anyway, in December 2007 I educated myself about TD online. Their enourmous output forced me to do my homework well about where to start with TD and I concluded Force Majeure is a good point. I ordered the CD and received it the last day of year 2007. It BLEW ME AWAY! Next I ordered Tangram which I received January 18, 2008. Again I was blown away. The rest is history. Just three years later I had 90 CDs or TD and I had discovered one of my top favorite artists ever! So, Force Majeure for me is very special album. The door into the wonderland called Tangerine Dream.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Good story there 71db.

First TD I heard was in 2nd year at High School, someone had brought Rubycon in to “music” on the last day of term. Remember when you used to be able to bring records in like that to school 8) The same lad used to wander about carrying TD Records all the time , I remember The Cyclone cover in particular so must have been about 1978. I had also heard snippets of Ricochet in my pals big brothers room. Weird music to my young heavy metal and rock ears at that time. Stayed with me though and eventually I bought a cassette on my first Foreign holiday in Espagne. It was Force Majeure , my first TD Purchase. Love it to this day.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

sorcerer wrote:Good story there 71db.
Thanks!
sorcerer wrote:First TD I heard was in 2nd year at High School, someone had brought Rubycon in to “music” on the last day of term. Remember when you used to be able to bring records in like that to school 8) The same lad used to wander about carrying TD Records all the time , I remember The Cyclone cover in particular so must have been about 1978. I had also heard snippets of Ricochet in my pals big brothers room. Weird music to my young heavy metal and rock ears at that time. Stayed with me though and eventually I bought a cassette on my first Foreign holiday in Espagne. It was Force Majeure , my first TD Purchase. Love it to this day.
I don't think Finnish schools have had such music tradition. People often tell how their pal's big brother introduced them to interesting music, but that never happened to me. Everyone around me listened to "dull" music to my ears such as Kiss, A-ha, Madonna etc. It took me a long time to realize interesting music actually exists.

I must be considerably younger than you, because in 1978 I was a first grader... :D