Tea.... an alternative to beer ;)

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Tea.... an alternative to beer ;)

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I love a cup of tea.... English breakfast tea is my favourite.... but I don't like Earl Grey.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I like Indian teas especially Assam,but my ALL time favorite is the Welsh Tea "Glengettie" IMHO its an unbeatable cuppa and not cheap :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I didn't start drinking tea until my mid-twenties (deeply un-British, I know). However, I do enjoy a brew now. By choice I would drink strong Darjeeling, with a slice of lemon and a level teaspoon of demerrara sugar. If I'm having milk, then just a dash with my PG Tips pyramid.

ps I agree, Earl Grey is vile!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

here at work Im drinking a 'double trouble': half earl grey, half english breakast, splash of milk, no sugar.
...The wise.....are silent.....
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Great thread!

I have been drinking tea since before I was born, and cannot imagine life without it. I prefer a good, strong builder's tea, about 1 part milk to 8 parts tea, no sugar (white - none = Julie Andrews.... black - none = Whoopi Goldberg.... geddit?)

It should be about the colour of a good sun-tan.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

billythefish wrote:Great thread!

I have been drinking tea since before I was born, and cannot imagine life without it. I prefer a good, strong builder's tea, about 1 part milk to 8 parts tea, no sugar (white - none = Julie Andrews.... black - none = Whoopi Goldberg.... geddit?)

Here in Louisiana, we love a good, tall glass of sweet iced tea. Absolutely refreshing! A lot of folks like to add lemon to it, but I don't particularly care for it myself (though I will admit, it is tasty that way).
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

rotwang wrote:

Here in Louisiana, we love a good, tall glass of sweet iced tea. Absolutely refreshing! A lot of folks like to add lemon to it, but I don't particularly care for it myself (though I will admit, it is tasty that way).
I love iced tea (with lemon). It is one of the most refreshing drinks I know.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Hobo wrote:
rotwang wrote:

I love iced tea (with lemon). It is one of the most refreshing drinks I know.
.... and a great hang-over cure too.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
rotwang wrote:

I love iced tea (with lemon). It is one of the most refreshing drinks I
know.
And you can buy it in cans now to :roll: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

epsilon75 wrote:I like Indian teas especially Assam,but my ALL time favorite is the Welsh Tea "Glengettie" IMHO its an unbeatable cuppa and not cheap :D
And here's me thinking you were Scots.......

As my spritual home is the Clwyd Valley (Mam came from there), I buy Glengettie out of "loyalty", but I do admit it makes a smashing cuppa...
DSJR

Re: Tea.... an alternative to beer ;)

Post by DSJR »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I love a cup of tea.... English breakfast tea is my favourite.... but I don't like Earl Grey.
A nice cup of Earl Grey, dash of milk and no sugar! Perfect for a good listening session Of TD!

I stopped buying English Breakfast 'cos it's so damned expensive, but it's a favourite....
Chris Monk

Re: Tea.... an alternative to beer ;)

Post by Chris Monk »

DSJR wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:I love a cup of tea.... English breakfast tea is my favourite.... but I don't like Earl Grey.
A nice cup of Earl Grey, dash of milk and no sugar! Perfect for a good listening session Of TD!

I stopped buying English Breakfast 'cos it's so damned expensive, but it's a favourite....
I like Earl Grey, it's great stuff but tastes really pants if you add sugar. Tend to drink it first thing in the morning. In the evening I tend to drink English Breakfast....... yeh I don't know why either.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I quite like some fruit/herbal teas, as they generally do a good job of refreshing the palette. I find the odd cup of mint tea is good for this, but my favourite is rosehip and hibiscus. I absolutely detest camomile tea!
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Hobo wrote:I quite like some fruit/herbal teas, as they generally do a good job of refreshing the palette. I find the odd cup of mint tea is good for this, but my favourite is rosehip and hibiscus. I absolutely detest camomile tea!
Ah yes, I do love a cup of peppermint tea with a teaspoon of runny honey.... very cooling and relaxing in summer.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Hobo wrote:I quite like some fruit/herbal teas, as they generally do a good job of refreshing the palette. I find the odd cup of mint tea is good for this, but my favourite is rosehip and hibiscus. I absolutely detest camomile tea!
Ah yes, I do love a cup of peppermint tea with a teaspoon of runny honey.... very cooling and relaxing in summer.
Not tried it with honey, I'll give that a go!