Genesis back to the stage

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Genesis back to the stage

Post by hansx »

Can't wait for those concerts of one the best live bands ever. I will go twice in Dusseldorf and Amsterdam. I am now playing a dvd from the Mama tour as a warming up. Will do that every week till then. :D
batman

Re: Genesis back to the stage

Post by batman »

hansx wrote:Can't wait for those concerts of one the best live bands ever. I will go twice in Dusseldorf and Amsterdam. I am now playing a dvd from the Mama tour as a warming up. Will do that every week till then. :D
Hans, i wait the new album from Genesis. Perhaps in concerts they play also new pieces.
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
Rico

Post by Rico »

being a progressive rock fan and a classic oldie :lol: , the Genesis reunion is nothing interesting. New vital concerts that are costly and poppy, the pop-trio since 1978 which went from off-track to just plain mainstream...

sorry, but no for me. :?
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Rico wrote:being a progressive rock fan and a classic oldie :lol: , the Genesis reunion is nothing interesting. New vital concerts that are costly and poppy, the pop-trio since 1978 which went from off-track to just plain mainstream...

Same goes for me Victor. Get Gabriel back and put Collins back on the drums where he belongs and I might be interested.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
Rico wrote:being a progressive rock fan and a classic oldie :lol: , the Genesis reunion is nothing interesting. New vital concerts that are costly and poppy, the pop-trio since 1978 which went from off-track to just plain mainstream...

Same goes for me Victor. Get Gabriel back and put Collins back on the drums where he belongs and I might be interested.
Me too. Having Hackett back in the band would certainly increase my interest by about 1000%.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

No hackett and no Gabriel makes it a BIG no go for me :cry:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Anyone got a spare ticket for their show in Herning, DK? :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

argh, TD need to delete posts like this!....sorry not a big Genesis fan ;)
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

[quote="epsilon75"]No hackett and no Gabriel makes it a BIG no go for me :cry:[/quote]

Totally agree - it's like TD without EF (almost)...
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:No hackett and no Gabriel makes it a BIG no go for me :cry:
Honestly, I'd rather see solo concerts with Steve or Peter, but I'm a little :cry: that the concert in DK was sold out so quickly.
Genesis was without doubt my favourite band in the gymnasium, when I was 18-20 years of age, just before I got into TD.

I saw PG in Hamburg 2003. Fantastic!
After me and my two friends had bought our merchandise, we simply couldn't find the exit.
We asked a security guy, who said we should take the elevator with him. Somehow he thought we should make a shortcut, trough a corridor with a lot of doors.
And suddenly Tony Levin just stood there. The only thing I could say was "I like you solo in secret world". He seemed very grateful. He was very polite, but we must have been looking. We were clad all over in PG merchandise, and were high on beers and the ecstatic performance the band delivered.
Every time I watch the Growing Up DVD, it brings back memories from the first time I met a real and famous rock star.
I guess we just PG, I think he sat in a room, behind one of the doors.
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:argh, TD need to delete posts like this!....sorry not a big Genesis fan ;)
Why should they, this is in the various sector, isn't it.
I agree to most writers that it is a bit sad that Steve and Peter are not with them. But better a Genesis without them than no Genesis. :D
Next week The Musical Box will appear in Holland, maybe I will visit it.
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:argh, TD need to delete posts like this!....sorry not a big Genesis fan ;)
I agree to most writers that it is a bit sad that Steve and Peter are not with them. But better a Genesis without them than no Genesis. :D
look closely and you'll see a winking smiley!
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
look closely and you'll see a winking smiley!
You are right, I have a new monitor with a large resolution. And now I have to look more carefull.
maybe glasses?? :)
Rico

Post by Rico »

yes, go for Musical Box by all means! they're an excellent tribute band. :)
hansx

Post by hansx »

Rico wrote:yes, go for Musical Box by all means! they're an excellent tribute band. :)
yes it was great. Nostalgic.