Genesis back to the stage

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

If I wanted to listen to music that evokes/evoked Englyshe whimsy or yearnings for Medi EVIL days gorne by, played by virtuoso musicians, with multi instrumental interplay and clever lyrical lyrics, I would listen to the Wurzels

imho, quite obviously
...The wise.....are silent.....
timer

Post by timer »

bigmoog wrote:If I wanted to listen to music that evokes/evoked Englyshe whimsy or yearnings for Medi EVIL days gorne by, played by virtuoso musicians, with multi instrumental interplay and clever lyrical lyrics, I would listen to the Wurzels

imho, quite obviously
Carefull Buddy ! The Wurzels are probably our biggest band ! in tis yer areo ! :lol:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:If I wanted to listen to music that evokes/evoked Englyshe whimsy or yearnings for Medi EVIL days gorne by, played by virtuoso musicians, with multi instrumental interplay and clever lyrical lyrics, I would listen to the Wurzels

imho, quite obviously
Carefull Buddy ! The Wurzels are probably our biggest band ! in tis yer areo ! :lol:
And here's one of their finest! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_krRIFn4m6Y
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Janus

Post by Janus »

Hobo wrote:
timer wrote:

imho, quite obviously
Classic stuff !! :idea: Tim and Carmen are getting married soon I believe :idea: :wink: :arrow:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
timer

Post by timer »

Janus wrote:
Hobo wrote:
timer wrote: Carefull Buddy ! The Wurzels are probably our biggest band ! in tis yer areo ! :lol:
Classic stuff !! :idea: Tim and Carmen are getting married soon I believe :idea: :wink: :arrow:
To late Chris , musical entertainment is being sorted ! 8) :shock:
hansx

Post by hansx »

Pertou wrote:I now listen to Second's Out by Genesis (1977)

Last night I listened to the first LP, and almost wanted to sell all my Genesis albums. It had been a while, since I last heard Genesis, and I thought my Genesis days were over.

Tonight I'm on side three, with Supper's Ready. To me that track, and the album it originates from (Foxtrot) are tremendously overrated, so I was sceptic to put Second's Out side 3 on turntable again, especially after yesterday's bad experience.

This version of Supper's Ready has indeed rekindled my interest in this band. Would love to listen to Foxtrot again very soon, at least for the wonderful mellotrons...
This track is wonderfully composed, and Collins does a superior vocal performance to PG.

...anyone interested can have my YES lp's next to nothing.
It is indeed a great track. Even with Phil on vocals, which was not so bad as a lot of PG fans say. It is a bit odd to refer always to that period. Genesis without PG is lasting a lot longer than Genesis with PG. Of course Hackett was a very good guitarist, but don't think it changes very much because of his leaving. That would have happened anyway.
For me Second's out is still one of the best live albums and I hope that this one will be ever released as a dolby surround album.
Concerning Suppers Ready, I am dying to hear the remixed albums which will come begin next year.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Had a listen to Live Over Europe earlier and IMO it's a stunning document of a band that can still cut it. A wonderful album from a great band.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Its very interesting that many TD fans are also Genesis fans.

Can anyone inform me, say, in around 100 words exactly why Genesis are admired by those that enjoy them?

BM
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:

imho, quite obviously
Someone was telling me that the Wurzels aren't actually from the West Country. Don't know how true that is but if it is, I feel cheated.
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:

imho, quite obviously
Someone was telling me that the Wurzels aren't actually from the West Country. Don't know how true that is but if it is, I feel cheated.
Surely this can't be true ? :( - Im going to Wurzels.com forum to discuss, if its true then its up to the top of the garden with the Wurzels CD collection ! :twisted:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

true fans follow Adge Cutler and The Wurzels :arrow:
timer

Post by timer »

bigmoog wrote:true fans follow Adge Cutler and The Wurzels :arrow:
True fans don't even mention it mate ! :lol:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I would rather listen to thee mighty scrumpy n western innovators the wurzels, than g*****s :D :wink:
timer

Post by timer »

'Where be that Blackbird Be, I know where he be, !
'I am a cider drinker, drinks it all of thee day ,oh ar oh ar eye ! What classy lyrics ! Far superior to that Prog Rock stuff !

Rock on Wurzels ! :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:'Where be that Blackbird Be, I know where he be, !
'I am a cider drinker, drinks it all of thee day ,oh ar oh ar eye ! What classy lyrics ! Far superior to that Prog Rock stuff !

Rock on Wurzels ! :lol:
spot on!