Movies

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/mus ... Planet.htm

20 miles.........20miles...........

...something coming this way......

big-monstersfromtheid-moog
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:Forbidden Planet, cue Loius and Bebe Barrons ultimate electronic score
Great Film. Looks a little bit naff by todays standards but given when it was made it's really amazing. Wasn't the score pretty much just the sound of a Theramin?
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:Forbidden Planet, cue Loius and Bebe Barrons ultimate electronic score
Great Film. Looks a little bit naff by todays standards but given when it was made it's really amazing. Wasn't the score pretty much just the sound of a Theramin?
Theremin? no not at all Chris. Louis and Bebbe Barron used very early electronic circuits, mainly what we'd call these days as ring Modulators (in synth terms), these little circuits they would apply votages to and record the results onto tape and then splice the results together, and/or filter them, reverse the tape or run the output through another effect like echo etc. The circuits themselves gave almost random results due to the very high voltages being run through them, which had the effect that they would start to glow and eventually burn out....therefore the sound could only ever be produced 'once' (later they tried to repeat the sounds on Forbidden Planet, but the score really stands on it's own as a one off, live 'taped' performance).
Last edited by 24db on Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Theremin? no not at all Chris. Louis and Bebbe Barron used very early electronic circuits, mainly what we'd call these days as ring Modulators (in synth terms), these little circuits they would apply votages to and record the results onto tape and then slice the results together, and/or filter them, reverse the tape or run the output through another effect like echo etc. The circuits themselves gave almost random results due to the very high voltages being run through them, which had the effect that they would start to glow and eventually burn out....therefore the sound could only ever be produced 'once' (later they tried to repeat the sounds on Forbidden Planet, but the score really stands on it's own as a one off, live 'taped' performance).
Cool. Well it's certainly very distinctive.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Great Film. Looks a little bit naff by todays standards but given when it was made it's really amazing. Wasn't the score pretty much just the sound of a Theramin?
Theremin? no not at all Chris. Louis and Bebbe Barron used very early electronic circuits, mainly what we'd call these days as ring Modulators (in synth terms), these little circuits they would apply votages to and record the results onto tape and then slice the results together, and/or filter them, reverse the tape or run the output through another effect like echo etc. The circuits themselves gave almost random results due to the very high voltages being run through them, which had the effect that they would start to glow and eventually burn out....therefore the sound could only ever be produced 'once' (later they tried to repeat the sounds on Forbidden Planet, but the score really stands on it's own as a one off, live 'taped' performance).
Cool. Well it's certainly very distinctive.
and all Valve technology :)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

sorry to be a bore but forbidden planet is the number 1 sci fi filum,

....'true creation...'

.....'the krell...'

edit

bm places dvd in dvd player

see you all tomorrow

pee es: valves rule
...The wise.....are silent.....
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Hey, did anyone see The Trial of Tony Blair on Channel 4? Wasn't it brilliant !
24db

Post by 24db »

Die Fetten Jahre sind vorbei (the Edukators)...great little movie!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Been a while since I sat down and watched a good film. I was looking through the DVD's my wife and I own. Jeez weve only watched around a quarter of them. Some are six years old :oops:
redziller

Post by redziller »

I'm looking forward to 300 having been a fan of this camp little number
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

redziller wrote:I'm looking forward to 300 having been a fan of this camp little number
Mmmmm....300 against 5,000,000. Those odds ain't good!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:sorry to be a bore but forbidden planet is the number 1 sci fi filum,
Mr BM sir,
I really must take issue with this statement. Surely the accolade for bestest sci fi film, of all time, ever must go to 2001 .....er no wait a minute..... I mean Alien .......no I don't I mean Star Wars: The Emire Strikes Back........no that's not it....... I mean Terminator 2..... oh hell no that's not it.........

.....yes you're right. Forbidden Planet in number 1.
batman

Post by batman »

Today i will saw the movie 'Night at the museum' with Ben Stiller
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
batman

Post by batman »

Hobo wrote:
redziller wrote:I'm looking forward to 300 having been a fan of this camp little number
For the battle of Thermopyle exists another new film '300' directed Zack Snyder, Based on Frank Miller's graphic novel about the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C.
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
redziller

Post by redziller »

batman wrote:
Hobo wrote:
pic
For the battle of Thermopyle exists another new film '300' directed Zack Snyder, Based on Frank Miller's graphic novel about the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C.
Yep Theo - I'm looking forward to that one
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game