TD FOR THE HEAD

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

once me girlfriend of the time and BM dropped acid and smoked de weed...we listened to TD and some biosphere......then it all kicked in...I became the cosmos, she got sunburnt (our wallpaper was bright yellow......)

we ended up in a bus shelter 8 hours later eating KFC
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:once me girlfriend of the time and BM dropped acid and smoked de weed...we listened to TD and some biosphere......then it all kicked in...I became the cosmos, she got sunburnt (our wallpaper was bright yellow......)

you've reached some inner truth there BM, we can all sleep safe knowing you 'know' ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

Edgar...but I can't agree to take Ecstasy or whatever, tranquillisers or Amphetamines or whatever, I personally don't feel good about it and I personally do not wish to have our music used as a soundtrack for that kind of drug experience

SECONDS: But you knew that a good percentage of your audience was going to be on drugs. What was your feeling towards this?

Edgar: We couldn't avoid it, and I did smoke my share of Marijuana so I'm not talking about something I don't know anything about. I know the facts and I have taken LSD, but I did it because I felt the culture and the social environment around myself was so frustrating. It was a way of escaping. I think I was just part of those communities around the world that felt the same way in the late sixties. I don't want to say it is absolutely senseless, but it depends very much on where it leads you. My drug use was related to a desire to become even more conscious, to see beyond things and to get experiences of a different kind. In the late sixties and early seventies, even though it looked very childish with the Flower power, those people were
serious about looking for something completely different.

SECONDS: Did your experimentation with LSD and Marijuana influence the music?

Edgar: Absolutely, especially with the improvised stuff. It definitely had an influence. Consciously or subconsciously, the borders were very fluid.

SECONDS: At what point did that change?

Edgar: I stopped taking any sort of drugs in 1977. When I came back from our first American tour I stopped everything. Since '77 I have not smoked a single cigarette or drank a drop of alcohol and I stopped eating meat and fish. That is my way, but it is not necessarily the way that everyone has to live.
Rico

Post by Rico »

bigmoog wrote:once me girlfriend of the time and BM dropped acid and smoked de weed...we listened to TD and some biosphere......then it all kicked in...I became the cosmos, she got sunburnt (our wallpaper was bright yellow......)

ride on. :roll:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

'.........I don't do drugs. I am drugs.'
Salvador Dali

BM is off all drugs since 2002. Im trying to keep a clear head in a murky world

the musical soundscapes of TD are all BM needs
Rico

Post by Rico »

a much better attitude.
some Tangerine Dream modern ambiances can be smokey and "profound" for the brain. not to mention the remember by now experimental albums, which gives you besides goosebumps, something radically in-depth.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:TD is a drug, who needs all that other greatness, besides you'd be wasting your money, rather than spending it on what matters....music!

AK

You are getting very serious in your old age :shock: from now on im going to call you Professer King :wink: :lol:
I guess his doctorate is in Tangerine Dream. :wink:
I met a guy who's doctorate was in Morris Dancing once, so it's not too far fetched.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Having been around Psychiatric hospitals for years the wards are full of drug casualtys mostly teenagers. Some recover some don't . I know one guy who after dropping just one LSD tab is still in a secure ward. I myself have dabbled with hash and a drug I was prescribed many years ago. I have no fond memeories of the prescribed medication it gave me the horrors and also the doc told me repeated abuse could make me sterile or unable to walk. I suppose listening to the liks of Zeit or Rubycon on LSD would be either great or terrifying. I was told by a guy he tried to jump in front of a bus after listening to ELP on acid.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

When I did my degree, many years ago now, I majored in pharmacology and the lecturers made sure we were left in no doubt about the effects of the so called recreational drugs. Needless to say I wouldn't touch them with the proverbial barge pole.

Also in my last job we did a lot of work for the drug rehabilitation services in the West Midlands and it was a real eye-opener. Treatment centres are full of literally thousands of people who's lives have been wrecked by drink and drugs. All of the ones I met would rather they hadn't started using in the first place and quite a few didn't make it through the programme, if you get my drift.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Im not advocating or boasting about any drug use, its for each individual to make a choice.

but some drug use (im thinking hallucinogens) can open up vistas of the mind.......if you wish to....

the most potent and damaging drug is of course tobacco, and maybe alcohol.... :arrow:
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

My brain's addled enough without any extra chemicals to finish me off :)

Music does it all for me (ok, a beer or three too sometimes!).

Music is my addiction. I've tried to do without it for a while on several occasions (even sold my HiFi once) and it nearly killed me. Coming back to it all (and finding you lot) last Summer has saved my life and got me through some very stressful times recently... Thanks all!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

bigmoog wrote:Im not advocating or boasting about any drug use, its for each individual to make a choice.

but some drug use (im thinking hallucinogens) can open up vistas of the mind.......if you wish to....

the most potent and damaging drug is of course tobacco, and maybe alcohol.... :arrow:
Yeah isn't it strange the two most danaging are the only ones which are legal :shock:
24db

Post by 24db »

http://www.eurock.com/Display.aspx?Cont ... aiser.aspx

Do too much and join the head of OHR records :(

Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

DSJR wrote:My brain's addled enough without any extra chemicals to finish me off :)

Music is my addiction. I've tried to do without it for a while on several occasions (even sold my HiFi once) and it nearly killed me. Coming back to it all (and finding you lot) last Summer has saved my life and got me through some very stressful times recently... Thanks all!
That is great to hear mate, I'm glad we've been able to help. 8)
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
DSJR wrote:My brain's addled enough without any extra chemicals to finish me off :)

That is great to hear mate, I'm glad we've been able to help. 8)
You all have indeed....... 8)