Genesis

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by alipaul »

I'm waiting for the box set of all TD's releases :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
hansx

Post by hansx »

alipaul wrote:I'm waiting for the box set of all TD's releases :shock:
Don't think that one will ever come. :(
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

hansx wrote:
How about TD and EF on Sirius Satellite Radio then. A dedicated station just for their music. They have enough for the coverage. Throw in some EM on the side and you get a great mix on satellite radio. Not the spa (what a name) station that once in awhile you'll hear EB and company played on. A dedicated station for EB and other EM artist. I would sign up for that.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
hansx

Post by hansx »

tdream4ever wrote:
hansx wrote:
How about TD and EF on Sirius Satellite Radio then. A dedicated station just for their music. They have enough for the coverage. Throw in some EM on the side and you get a great mix on satellite radio. Not the spa (what a name) station that once in awhile you'll hear EB and company played on. A dedicated station for EB and other EM artist. I would sign up for that.
But not only on the Sirius satellette. For Europe Astra is the satellite.
hansx

Post by hansx »

hansx

Post by hansx »

UK Release Date: 14 September 2009

Following the reissue of the 14 Genesis studio albums on the stunning box-sets Genesis 1976 - 1982 and Genesis 1983 - 1998 in 2007, and Genesis 1970 - 1975 in 2008, on 14 September 2009 Virgin/EMI will release Genesis Live 1973-2007, a box-set gathering the four live albums recorded by the legendary British group from 1973 to 1992. Featuring brand new stereo mixes*, the box set also includes the long-awaited release in stereo and 5.1 of Live at the Rainbow 1973 only available with this collection.

Genesis Live 1973 - 2007 is a sumptuously presented box-set that includes:

Genesis Live, the band's first Top Ten album in the UK, recorded in Leicester and Manchester and issued in 1973, and featuring the classic line-up of Tony Banks (keyboards), Phil Collins (drums, vocals), Peter Gabriel (vocals, flute), Steve Hackett (guitars) and Mike Rutherford (bass, guitars). Genesis Live, for this box-set release, has been extended to feature 5 bonus tracks recorded at The Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles on 24 January 1975 and the full album is also presented in 5.1 for the first time.

The double set Seconds Out, a Top 5 entry in 1977 that documented the group's Paris dates as a quartet with Collins on lead vocals following Gabriel's departure in 1975. The album featured touring drummers Bill Bruford (from the 1976 shows) and Chester Thompson (who began drumming live for Genesis in 1977). Exclusively to this box-set, Seconds Out is presented in stereo and 5.1 versions.

Three Sides Live, a number 2 album in the UK in 1982, mostly showcasing the Banks-Collins-Rutherford incarnation augmented by Thompson and guitarist Daryl Stuermer.

The Way We Walk, finally sees these two live albums re-sequenced as per the original show's set list. Originally released separately and entitled Vol I: The Shorts, which made the Top 3 in Britain in 1992, and Vol 2: The Longs, this was the band's sixth number one album, and their only concert recording to top the charts in 1993.

First formed in 1967, Genesis have sold 150 million albums worldwide and have influenced the likes of Elbow, Flaming Lips and Jeff Buckley. In the early seventies, their ambition in the studio was matched by groundbreaking live shows as they presented such classic albums as Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England by the Pound and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway to audiences across Europe and the US. Following Gabriel's exit in the mid-seventies, Collins stepped up to the microphone and the group scored Top 5 albums with A Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering. Hackett left in 1977 but the 'remaining three' had their first Top Ten single with 'Follow You Follow Me' and their first US Top 20 album with . . . And Then There Were Three . . . the next year. A simpler, more direct approach to songwriting worked so well that Banks-Collins-Rutherford scored consecutive number one albums with Duke, Abacab, Genesis and Invisible Touch in the eighties, and with We Can't Dance in 1991, and became a stadium act without losing any of their sophistication and attention to detail. This was evidenced again when they returned to the stage after a ten-year hiatus. When In Rome 2007, the DVD of the free concert they gave at the Circo Massimo in Rome in front of 500.000 spectators topped the DVD charts in the UK last year.

Recorded at Leicester De Montfort Hall and Manchester Free Trade Hall in February 1973, Genesis Live was not originally intended for release but rather mixed to be broadcast on the King Biscuit Flower Hour show on US radio. It comprises versions of the dramatic set opener Watcher of the Skies and Get 'Em Out by Friday from Foxtrot, the band's fourth studio album - which had reached number 12 in October 1972 - The Return of the Giant Hogweed and The Musical Box from 1971's Nursery Cryme, the first album featuring Collins and Hackett, and the tour de force quiet-loud dynamics of The Knife, from Trespass, the group's 1970 debut for the Charisma label. Given the band's growing reputation for its theatrical shows, it is no surprise that Genesis Live spent ten weeks in the charts in 1973, paving the way for the release of Selling England by the Pound later that year. The album's iconic cover features Gabriel wearing one of his many costumes, in this case the 'Magog' mask and black cape he donned during Supper's Ready.

Bonus material includes five tracks from the celebrated concept album The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, a Top Ten release at the end of 1974, recorded at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles in January 1975.

Recorded at the Palais des Sports in Paris with the Manor Mobile studio in 1976 and 1977, Seconds Out stayed on the British charts for four months. The double set was much more in keeping with the times, the increasing availability of bootleg recordings and the phenomenal success of Frampton Comes Alive! Former Yes and King Crimson drummer Bill Bruford had joined Genesis for the 1976 dates and features on The Cinema Show, one of two tracks from Selling England by the Pound. The other, Firth of Fifth, and the rest of the album, features Chester Thompson, a drummer best known at the time for his work with Frank Zappa and Weather Report. Collins tackles Gabriel-era material like The Musical Box, Supper's Ready, The Carpet Crawlers, the title track from The Lamb Lives Down On Broadway, and I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe), the group's first hit, with aplomb. Squonk, Robbery, Assault & Battery, Dance on a Volcano and Los Endos came from A Trick of the Tail while Afterglow originally featured on Wind and Wuthering. Hackett left while Seconds Out was being mixed. The album's distinctive cover and the other pictures used were shot by Armando Gallo, the band's biographer.

Recorded in Germany in 1981, Three Sides Live was originally released in 1982 as a double vinyl set with a fourth side of studio recordings - basically the 3X3 EP and two B-sides - in the US while the European version contained three more extended live tracks. The studio versions of Turn It On Again, Behind the Lines, Duchess and Misunderstanding featured on 1980's Duke while Dodo, Me and Sarah Jane and Abacab first appeared on Abacab in 1981. Follow You Follow Me came from . . . And Then There Were Three . . . and Afterglow and One for The Vine were originally recorded on Wind and Wuthering. The Fountain of Salmacis harked back to Nursery Cryme and the In the Cage/Cinema Show/The Colony of Slippermen medley slotted a track from Selling England by the Pound between two slices from The Lamb while It/Watcher of the Skies - recorded in 1976 with Hackett and Bruford - spanned The Lamb and Foxtrot.

Recorded in 1992 in arenas including London's Earls Court, the two installments of The Way We Walk were first issued in quick succession at the tail end of 1992 and the beginning of 1993, with The Shorts concentrating on the band's run of hit singles, and The Longs delving into the medleys and the more extended pieces from their repertoire. Genesis Live 1973-2007 takes the opportunity to reconcile the two albums and recreate the We Can't Dance tour experience in sequence. Hits from the group's MTV-friendly era include Mama, That's All, Invisible Touch - which charted again in its live version in 1992 - In Too Deep, Land of Confusion, Tonight, Tonight, Tonight, Throwing It All Away, No Son of Mine, I Can't Dance, Hold On My Heart and Jesus He Knows Me. Driving the Last Spike and Fading Lights came from We Can't Dance, Domino originally appeared on Invisible Touch and Home by the Sea/Second Home by the Sea on Genesis. The Old Medley rounded up nine tunes from the band's early days and Collins and Thompson's The Drum Thing did just that. Turn It On Again is exclusive to this release.

Recorded in London by the Banks-Collins-Gabriel-Hackett-Rutherford line-up, Live at the Rainbow 1973, expands on the live material first issued on the Archive 1967-1975 box-set in 1998 and will delight die-hard fans of that period in their lengthy career. The concert from October 1973 features most of Selling England by the Pound at the time of its release, along with the conceptual piece Supper's Ready and Watcher of the Skies from their breakthrough album Foxtrot, and The Musical Box from Nursery Cryme, the last two titles on 5.1 version only. It captures the band at a crucial point in their history, before they left the Lewis Carroll-like universe of their early albums behind, before the departure of Gabriel and Hackett, before their time as ubiquitous hit-makers of the eighties.

Genesis Live 1973 - 2007 has been designed to incorporate space for the most recent live Genesis release; the 2-CD set Live Over Europe 2007. All albums feature brand new stereo mixes created by Tony Banks, Nick Davis and Mike Rutherford, whilst Genesis Live, Seconds Out and Live at the Rainbow 1973 all feature 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound versions.

* Excluding The Way We Walk, which has been re-sequenced to the original set list.

For further information and regular news updates on Genesis, go to:

www.genesis-music.com

Genesis Live

1973-2007

"Live" (Stereo/5.1):

1. Watcher of the Skies
2. Get 'Em Out by Friday
3. The Return of the Giant Hogweed
4. The Musical Box
5. The Knife

Bonus "The Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles - 24/01/75" tracks:

6. Back in N.Y.C.
7. Fly on a Windshield
8. Broadway Melody of 1974
9. Anyway
10. The Chamber of 32 Doors

"Seconds Out" (Stereo/5.1):

1. Squonk
2. Carpet Crawlers
3. Robbery, Assault & Battery
4. Afterglow
5. Firth of Fifth
6. I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
7. The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
8. The Musical Box (closing)
9. Supper's Ready
10. The Cinema Show
11. Dance on a Volcano
12. Los Endos

"Three Sides Live" (Stereo only)

1. Turn It On Again
2. Dodo
3. Abacab
4. Behind the Lines
5. Duchess
6. Me and Sarah Jane
7. Follow You Follow Me
8. Misunderstanding
9. In the Cage (Medley: Cinema Show/Slippermen)

10. Afterglow
11. One for the Vine
12. Fountain of Salmacis
13. It/Watcher of the Skies

"The Way We Walk" (Stereo only)

1. Land of Confusion
2. No Son of Mine
3. Driving the Last Spike
4. Old Medley (Dance on a Volcano/The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway/The Musical Box/Firth of Fifth/I Know What I Like)
5. Throwing It All Away
6. Fading Lights
7. Jesus He Knows Me
8. Home by the Sea/Second Home by the Sea
9. Hold On My Heart
10. Domino (In the Glow of the Night/The Last Domino)
11. The Drum Thing
12. I Can't Dance
13. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight
14. Invisible Touch
15. Turn It On Again
16. Mama
17. That's All
18. In Too Deep

(Space in the box set for "Live Over Europe")

"Live At The Rainbow 1973" (Stereo/5.1)

1. Watcher of the Skies (5.1 version only)

2. Dancing with the Moonlit Knight

3. The Cinema Show

4. I Know What I Like(In Your Wardrobe)

5. Firth of Fifth

6. The Musical Box (5.1 version only)

7. More Fool Me

8. The Battle of Epping Forest

9. Supper's Ready

For all media enquiries, please contact

Doug Wright / Kate Etteridge

LD Communications

Tel: 020 7439 7222

Doug.Wright@ldcommunications.co.uk / kate.etteridge@ldcommunicatiions.co.uk
har

Post by har »

I hope the Seconds Out album is released as a 5.1 mix on its own.

I would definitley get it.

One of my favourite albums of all time :!:
hansx

Post by hansx »

har wrote:I hope the Seconds Out album is released as a 5.1 mix on its own.

I would definitley get it.

One of my favourite albums of all time :!:
looks like it will be. Of course I will buy the box. I have the other three also.
r4man

Genesis TD connection?

Post by r4man »

I've been a bit nostalgic regarding Genesis lately and was watching some videos on YouTube and poking around various Genesis fan pages. One of the problems with posting in a forum like this is trying to figure out if a subject has already been covered. I suppose many Genesis fans know this information already. But I don't see it in this thread, so I thought I would post it.

I got the following quotes from "The Genesis Discography January 1998 Edition
Copyright © 1998 Scott McMahan, All Rights Reserved" (http://cyberreviews.skwc.com/gendis.pdf) which apparently got the quotes from " Hugh Fielder's The Book Of Genesis."

PETER: Around the time we started work on The Lamb I had this call from Hollywood by William Friedkin who'd seen the story I'd written on the back of the live album and he thought it indicated a weird, visual mind. He was trying to put together a sci-fi film and he wanted to get a writer who'd never been involved with Hollywood before. We were working at Headley Grange which I felt was partly haunted by Jimmy Page's black magic
experiments, and was full of rock and roll legend. I would go bicycle to the phone box down the hill and dial Friedkin in California with pockets stuffed full of 10p pieces.

PHIL: Suddenly Peter came up and said, "Do you mind if we stop for a bit", and we all said, "No. Of course we don't want to stop." It was a matter of principle more than anything else. So he said, "OK, I want to do the film, so I'm leaving." I remember we were sitting in the garden by the porch saying "What are we going to do? We'll carry on. We'll have an
instrumental group", which for about five seconds was a serious idea because we had a lot of music written.

TONY: We were just going to carry on. We were going to write another story line. Not that I wanted Pete to leave because he was a very strong contributor and I really enjoyed working with him. I felt that the group needed all the energy we could possibly put into it because we still have a long way to go career-wise, and I thought musically it was still very
interesting. If you are going to do it properly there's no way that one person can suddenly
go off like that leaving the rest to hang about for three months. We made that very clear and that's why he left. It was all getting a little tedious, because the group was very much the main thing in our lives at that particular time. Peter kept saying if this William Friedkin offer came, he would do that in preference to working with us. And I thought,
"This is absurd". There came a point when he decided to write a screen play, so he left for a bit. Anyhow, higher authorities stepped in - I think it was Strat - to try and keep us together. So Peter made a definite commitment to finish the album before he did anything else. But I think it made all of us feel that he was getting fed up and it was only a matter
of time before he left.

MIKE: If you push Pete into a corner, he will retreat still further. When we tried to tie him down, he just became more vague. He went off back home to Bath.. and that was it. We carried on writing and didn't really think very far ahead.

PETER: Another thing that rubbed the band up the wrong way was that Tangerine Dream were going to do the film score for Friedkin. The others thought I was using the gorup as a springboard to jump off for my own personal success and wasn't even bringing them along with me. But Friedkin didn't want Genesis. He only wanted me for weird ideas, not
for music. I just wanted a month to do this script outline. So I walked out. There was a big eruption with Charisma and I think Strat had to come out of his watering hole to help resolve it.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Thee mailing seems to have turned into a genesis forum :shock: :wink: :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:Thee mailing seems to have turned into a genesis forum :shock: :wink: :)
No problem at all. You can't hear enough news of good music. :)
hansx

Post by hansx »

Some news about Phill Collins:
In the UK press today, there appeared some articles about Phil's physical state, with some slightly misleading headlines. Here, in Phil's own words, are how he describes his situation:

"There isn't any drama regarding my 'disability' and playing drums.
Somehow during the last Genesis tour I dislocated some vertebrae in my upper neck and that affected my hands. After a successful operation on my neck, my hands still can't function normally.

"Maybe in a year or so it will change, but for now it is impossible for me to play drums or piano. I am not in any 'distressed' state, stuff happens in life."

Phil
hansx

Post by hansx »

nice site about the new box: http://www.genesis-music.de/index_grau.html
dreamerofdreams

Post by dreamerofdreams »

hansx wrote:nice site about the new box: http://www.genesis-music.de/index_grau.html

I have the other three, so this is a must have. Bad news it has appeared at the same times as the Beatles remasters and Kraftwerk box too. :roll:
hansx

Post by hansx »

uknationalist wrote:
hansx wrote:nice site about the new box: http://www.genesis-music.de/index_grau.html

I have the other three, so this is a must have. Bad news it has appeared at the same times as the Beatles remasters and Kraftwerk box too. :roll:
Me too, and the fourth will arrive next week, hopefully.
I am not too interested in the Kraftwerk box. Have all on my ipod and that is enough. The Beatles? it is not the box I want. I want them in dolby surround. :(