Pink Floyd

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:I bought all of the PF remasters and theyre all good..probably the best there will ever be.
Difficult to believe they could make them any better. I'm having trouble hearing any difference between this version of DSOTM and the last remaster that I bought.
Yeah...the diiferences are very subtle..I own 4..5 now..versions of DSOTM and this new one is the best ..not a great diiference but certain parts are much more defined.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:I bought all of the PF remasters and theyre all good..probably the best there will ever be.
Difficult to believe they could make them any better. I'm having trouble hearing any difference between this version of DSOTM and the last remaster that I bought.
Yeah...the diiferences are very subtle..I own 4..5 now..versions of DSOTM and this new one is the best ..not a great diiference but certain parts are much more defined.
Just been listening to Johnnie Walker's Sounds of the 70s show on the BBC iPlayer. It's a Pink Floyd special. No really new information but nice to listen to all the old classics from Floyd. Also nice to hear Floyd on the BBC for a change.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Difficult to believe they could make them any better. I'm having trouble hearing any difference between this version of DSOTM and the last remaster that I bought.
Just been listening to Johnnie Walker's Sounds of the 70s show on the BBC iPlayer. It's a Pink Floyd special. No really new information but nice to listen to all the old classics from Floyd. Also nice to hear Floyd on the BBC for a change.
If I am correct, no way to listen to that for non Britisch. :(
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote: Yeah...the diiferences are very subtle..I own 4..5 now..versions of DSOTM and this new one is the best ..not a great diiference but certain parts are much more defined.
Oh, I don't know. It may be restricted to just the UK, which is a shame since they've made a reputation around the globe with their World Service.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Just been listening to Johnnie Walker's Sounds of the 70s show on the BBC iPlayer. It's a Pink Floyd special. No really new information but nice to listen to all the old classics from Floyd. Also nice to hear Floyd on the BBC for a change.
Indeed, but I will have a try later on this week.

Oh, I don't know. It may be restricted to just the UK, which is a shame since they've made a reputation around the globe with their World Service.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

i must admit, that despite the obvious 'milk' the fans until they scream....the current reissue remasters in their various forms are quite simply incredible.

Yes the Immersions boxes are near £100 a go, but what boxes......

Im currently enjoying the WYWH remaster....and am about to spin Animals.

not buying The wall and later stuff cos Im not interested.....

no doubt in a year or so, we will get yet another 'definitive' anniversary de-luxe-hi rez-blu-ray-with-never-heard-before-3D-extras.....quintiple-box set :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:i must admit, that despite the obvious 'milk' the fans until they scream....the current reissue remasters in their various forms are quite simply incredible.

Yes the Immersions boxes are near £100 a go, but what boxes......

Im currently enjoying the WYWH remaster....and am about to spin Animals.

not buying The wall and later stuff cos Im not interested.....

no doubt in a year or so, we will get yet another 'definitive' anniversary de-luxe-hi rez-blu-ray-with-never-heard-before-3D-extras.....quintiple-box set :P
I have both "Shine on" and "Oh By The Way" .... and also the individual discs in earlier pressings. If I was rich enough,I would probably buy the new box as well,but it is not going to happen.

However,I do have "Ummagumma" in the latest pressing,and it sounds extremely good 8) :D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I bought all the remasters but not the Immersion boxes. Also got the Wish You Were Here SACD which will be heard on Christmas day. I now own Oh By The Way ..Shine On..and the first run of remasters.. :oops:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

i have tickets to go and see the australian pink floyd show, next year :oops:
...The wise.....are silent.....
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

bigmoog wrote:i have tickets to go and see the australian pink floyd show, next year :oops:
Enjoy Jok they are superb...seen Scotlands MacFloyd and they are excellent.seen em 5 times now. :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:i have tickets to go and see the australian pink floyd show, next year :oops:

Seen them 3 times and thought they were absolute class,practically note for note play...I was highly impressed. 8) 8) 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:

Seen them 3 times and thought they were absolute class,practically note for note play...I was highly impressed. 8) 8) 8)
I think I've probably seen them 3 times. Always been very good, in fact note perfect.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

epsilon75 wrote:

Say the aussie floyd last year. the closest your gonna get to the real pink.
I bought tickets to Roger Waters The Wall in San Diego May 14th. Taking the oldest as he enjoyed the Waters Dark Side tour a years back. The Wall should be killer as I missed out the first time Roger came through in 2009/2010 with the Wall.

I saw the original PF The Wall back in the days! Absolutely the best! Not my favorite album but the concert was my favorite.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

tdream4ever wrote:I saw the original PF The Wall back in the days! Absolutely the best! Not my favorite album but the concert was my favorite.
Ditto. Not a huge fan of The Wall but the show was incredible.
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »