Pink Floyd

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Pink Floyd

Post by hansx »

This group deserves to have its own topic. Me in person am a great admirer of this group. It really is a shame that they don't play together anymore. if we forget the short appearence last year on the whatever festival.
Gilmour solo is good and Water solo also, but together they are incredible. As now playing Shine on above my head I get the shivers. In a moment I will play Pulse. Wow, how good it is. Come on, give us some more of this. There should be something in the archives I think.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Totally agree. Pink Floyd are/were awesome. it's been some time since there last album .....errr 1993 I think. Shame they can't get it together again, the fans would love it. They should do it for charity, imagine how much money they could bring in.
har

Post by har »

Floyd are marvellous.

Wish you were here was the first of theirs I heard and led me to buy all the rest.

Dave Gilmour is possibly the greatest guitarist that ever lived (apart from Steve Howe obviously)

One of my favourite albums of all time is Gilmours first solo album, ABSOLUTE CLASSIC.

Rock on Pink Floyd!
Last edited by har on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:Wish you were here was the first of theirs I heard and led me to buy all the rest.
The first album I ever heard was Meddle. We had a groovy art-teacher who brought it in and played it to us. We had to piant imagines that the music brought to mind. I've not been the same since.

A big thanks to Mr Curtis.... who bore more than a passing resemblance to Shaggy from Scooby Doo.
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote:
har wrote:Wish you were here was the first of theirs I heard and led me to buy all the rest.
The first album I ever heard was Meddle. We had a groovy art-teacher who brought it in and played it to us. We had to piant imagines that the music brought to mind. I've not been the same since.

A big thanks to Mr Curtis.... who bore more than a passing resemblance to Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

actually I want to get my teenagers into real music, perhaps thats the way to do it. Both are studying art :idea: Ween them off that heavy metal into The Floyd>>>>>>>>>>>to Tangerine Dream :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:

The first I heard and bought was Ummagumma. It was favourit in my class then and of course I also bought it. Else you were not popular. I never regret it. :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Totally fantastic outfit and have loved them since a teenage whippersnapper...superb musicians with releases of the highest quality of which "Meddle" left a lasting effect on a young me,still my favorite floyd album. 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:Totally fantastic outfit and have loved them since a teenage whippersnapper...superb musicians with releases of the highest quality of which "Meddle" left a lasting effect on a young me,still my favorite floyd album. 8) :D
Hmm, I like Echoes very much. Love to hear that live once more.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I listened to all their studio albums over Xmas and although I had heard them all many times it was nice to dig out more obscure albums like More & Obscured by Clouds. My first LP way back about 1979 was DSOTM. I bought it because a mate recommended him to me.. :oops: I actually though Pink Floyd was a solo artist t the time. I can still recall hearing Time. It was around a period in my life where I really started to obsess over music. I wish at the time I had got into TD but that didn't happen until 1984. Meddle and Animals are PF's masterpieces and WYWH just behind in my book. Theyre one of the few bands I never tire of and also one I like that my other half likes too.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:Theyre one of the few bands I never tire of and also one I like that my other half likes too.
Same here. My wife loves PF and it was her that got the tickets the last time they toured.

My fave PF albums (for what it's worth) are;
1. Wish You Were Here.
2. Dark Side of the Moon.
3. Meddle.
4. Animals.
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Loved the floyd for a billion trillion years, big it up for messers Gilmour, Waters, Wright and Mason and of course the late Mr Barrett - shine on!!

By the way, i had Dave Gilmours new DVD for xmas - on the extras theres a bit where Gilmour and Waters meet up before one of daves solo concerts and they talk.......................... and hug!!!!

Bloody hell, amazing, theres hope for a reformation yet

:wink:
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Froesesque wrote:By the way, i had Dave Gilmours new DVD for xmas - on the extras theres a bit where Gilmour and Waters meet up before one of daves solo concerts and they talk.......................... and hug!!!!

Bloody hell, amazing, theres hope for a reformation yet

:wink:
They were both on a recent BBC documentary (not together) and neither one of them ruled out a reunion. So there is still hope.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Favourite Floyd albums:

1. Piper at the Gates of Dawn (one of the greatest records of all time IMHO)

2. Obscured by Clouds

3. Atom Heart Mother

4. Dark Side of the Moon

5. A Saucer Full of Secrets.
"Sydney till I Die"
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

as mentioned in BM despatches elsewhen, I rate all Floyd from PATGOD to Animals, with particular love for Piper....all (for me) after animals bores me to sleep [sorry]
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I think Momentary Lapse of Reason is an excellent album 8) :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.