Arcane Call it a Day

Seeker_UK
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Arcane Call it a Day

Post by Seeker_UK »

Paul Lawler posted this on his MySpace page:

The Arcane project.

Its an unfortunate experience for artists who rely on record sales to make a living to find their work plastered around the internet on illegal download sites with 100s of downloads listed, equating to 100s of sales lost.

Most people who do this see it as a victimless crime, the corporate label fat cats picking up the bill with ease while sipping a glass of 300 year old malt whiskey behind their solid oak desks, when in reality its the artist that suffers. Destined for a mostly tiny percentage of the money made by even the smallest label, the illegal downloads make it impossible for the indie artist to carry on. The really astonishing thing is that people were happily downloading free copies of 'Pulse' despite the fact that in the beginning all money raised was meant to help a friend with cancer.

In light of this I have decided that the Arcane project is no more. I cannot see a way to make the time spent on writing Arcane albums financially viable.

Thank you to everybody who supported the project over the years.

Paul Lawler
Last edited by Seeker_UK on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Occasionally recording as Chromengel: Click here for the music

New CD out, "Meridians" For more details Click Here
24db

Post by 24db »

Hmm sorry to read that from Paul. His music isn't my cup of tea, BUT it's real shame that he feels he needs to give up completely :(

It's out of order that people have copied his music as he was hoping to use it to raise money for his friend
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Very very sad news indeed :cry: i for one have been a very big fan of PL's work and the Arcane project will be sadly missed,those albums are absolute wonderful listening.
I would like to wish Paul luck with whatever ventures he takes on in the future,thanks again for the fantastic sounds :arrow:

My copy of "Pulse" was purchased from SMD,sadly it looks like other's did not do the same :x
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
JD

Post by JD »

Well I just did a quick search on Google and its true ..right at the top of the pile http://www.mininova.org/tor/997407 Pulse has been up 25 days and been downloaded 531 times, and thats just one site.

What a shame.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I really like Arcane and am very sorry to hear that Paul Lawler is calling it a day. I hope the people who downloaded it for free can sleep at night. :evil:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

That is a shame. downloading for free is killing a lot of acts who dont have massive fan bases over the world. Hopefully fans of E Music will think twice before downloading music from torrent sites for nothing. I have been guilty of it myself but I dont do it much anymore.
JD

Post by JD »

Its interesting to see that some of the main download torrents of Arcane's "Pulse" have now gone .......hmm....does that mean the original uploader is from this forum ?
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

downloading for free is bad enough and I suspect we have all done it at some point but to do it to someone who was donating all the profits from the album to a friend suffering from cancer does leave a sour taste in the mouth......maybe if the people who did it were to get cancer themselves they might think differently about it....rough justice and all.
JD

Post by JD »

cantosis wrote:downloading for free is bad enough and I suspect we have all done it at some point but to do it to someone who was donating all the profits from the album to a friend suffering from cancer does leave a sour taste in the mouth......maybe if the people who did it were to get cancer themselves they might think differently about it....rough justice and all.
I wonder how they would feel if somebody grabbed their paypacket at the end of the month an then handed it out to everybody in the work canteen ...I wonder if they would be ok with that ??
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The "Pulse" album was a charity project up to i believe a couple of months ago,it was then sold with the profits going to the artist......this was a great gesture from PL to allow the funds to go to his close friend for the amount of time he allowed.

Chris (fanzone) and myself put messages on myspace and his site on a few occasions asking people to donate to this very important cause,there was a page with a direct link where anyone could send money.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Very sad news. Good luck to Paul, with his future projects.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

This is very sad news all the Arcane albums are great,Pulse is possibly my favourite release of this year (non TD).
Paul is a very talented man I wish him well in his future projects.