The Thundering Power of the Moog

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Thundering Power of the Moog

Post by rattymouse »

Torn, the last track from Redshift's latest album Last, is just mindblowing. It starts with some of the most gentle, sensitive synths heard in many many years. Etherial, floating, but with a gentle firmness that never lets your attention span wander. You are helpless to but surrender to the beauty of this soft wonderful music. But then, at 3:45 into the track, an unmistakable shift occurs. Starting soft, but building with intensity that travels fast is the awesome Moog modular synthesizer. The pounding of the sequencer grows with every beat and by 4:20 the resulting crecendo is massive. The need for extreme volume to hear this music is unhealthy to the ear. As quickly as it appears, the Moog is reigned in, and the ebb and flow of the piece continues, this time with guitars added into the mix. The variations in rhythm, volume, and instrumentation are displayed with masterful precision. Especially rhythm as by 7:00 into the track there are at least THREE separate sequencers going at once creating amazingly tribal rhythms. 7:30 brings the powerful bass lines of the Moog and it is an allout assault. Volume, volume, and more volume. Guitars and lead synths are blazing and giving the Moog a good run for it's money. But at 8:40 the Moog takes it up a step further. Less than 10 seconds further and the music dives back into quiet. Redshift's dynamic control is like a Ferrari F-1 car. The track fades and the album is over. One can only hope that this is not the LAST of Redshift.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

damage from the same cd, reminds BM of TD circa 1976-7
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I must have a redshift day very soon,back to back albums will be played :idea:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

Redshift - Bombers in the Desert - what a track !
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

bigmoog wrote:damage from the same cd, reminds BM of TD circa 1976-7
Wow, high praise from the Mooger. I recall many o' posts from BM that related to Redshift in a far less flattering manner.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

rattymouse wrote:
Wow, high praise from the Mooger. I recall many o' posts from BM that related to Redshift in a far less flattering manner.

i know when i am wrong, and happy to be proven so
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

bigmoog wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

i know when i am wrong, and happy to be proven so
Good music is good music!
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Some sanity at last...
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I think I am addicted to multilayered, tribal and polyrythmic, sequenced cosmicity that began with classic period TD and continues today :arrow:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Redshift's Last is a fantastic, Intense and on a few occasions stunning album. My wife has bought me Downtime for Xmas is it a good album.. :?:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

sparrow wrote:Redshift's Last is a fantastic, Intense and on a few occasions stunning album. My wife has bought me Downtime for Xmas is it a good album.. :?:
Where can I buy Downtime?
Seeker_UK

Post by Seeker_UK »

rattymouse wrote:
sparrow wrote:Redshift's Last is a fantastic, Intense and on a few occasions stunning album. My wife has bought me Downtime for Xmas is it a good album.. :?:
Try CDS in Dundee - they might have a couple left.
Occasionally recording as Chromengel: Click here for the music

New CD out, "Meridians" For more details Click Here
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Seeker_UK wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
I checked their website earlier and couldn't see it listed, although as I've said before, it's not the most user-friendly site to navigate.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
Seeker_UK wrote:
rattymouse wrote: Where can I buy Downtime?
I checked their website earlier and couldn't see it listed, although as I've said before, it's not the most user-friendly site to navigate.
dreadful site...always better to email or call them!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

rattymouse wrote:
http://www.generator.pl/x_C_I__P_5710953-5710001.html

Good luck with the Polish! I have ordered from them once before (with the help of a translator - every English workplace has one. :wink: ) and the order came through ok. CD's normally work out at £10-12.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese