TD Live music at small venues

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:RFH was great, SBE was good and the Astoria was acceptable. So I'd go for the RFH. At least you get somewhere to sit.
apparently the acoustics have been tweaked (still not perfect I hear)...and you get one inch more leg room...woohoo. Got to agree, chalk and cheese compared with the Astoria
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:RFH was great, SBE was good and the Astoria was acceptable. So I'd go for the RFH. At least you get somewhere to sit.
With my back problems, I can't sit for too long, so I'd prefer an option to stand.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
apparently the acoustics have been tweaked (still not perfect I hear)...and you get one inch more leg room...woohoo. Got to agree, chalk and cheese compared with the Astoria
The acoustics may not be perfect but I'm fairly certain they're miles better than the SBE/Astoria.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
The acoustics may not be perfect but I'm fairly certain they're miles better than the SBE/Astoria.
completely....although from were I was in 2004 it was rubbish (I should add that Kraftwerk, a couple of weeks later was perfect)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: apparently the acoustics have been tweaked (still not perfect I hear)...and you get one inch more leg room...woohoo. Got to agree, chalk and cheese compared with the Astoria
completely....although from were I was in 2004 it was rubbish (I should add that Kraftwerk, a couple of weeks later was perfect)
Hmmm. (strokes chin)
I'm guessing it wasn't the Hall then. :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
With my back problems, I can't sit for too long, so I'd prefer an option to stand.
I agree Mick..........sitting does hurt much more :arrow:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Here are some shots of the Roundhouse - I reckon TD could do loads with this space, especially if they ever use Surround-Sound...

http://www.musicmanifesto.co.uk/assets/x/50166

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Thats well cool Stephen IMHO 8)
timer

Post by timer »

Never got to attend a gig in the old roundhouse, this looks the job though.
24db

Post by 24db »

loads of anti-photo clowns at the roundhouse I should add
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:loads of anti-photo clowns at the roundhouse I should add

I don't understand what the problem is. If the band are happy for you to take pictures, then the venue should keep quiet IMO.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:

I don't understand what the problem is. If the band are happy for you to take pictures, then the venue should keep quiet IMO.
seemed perfectly OK at the Alte Oper, so I don't know why these winners are so zealous
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:

seemed perfectly OK at the Alte Oper, so I don't know why these winners are so zealous
It would seem that the price of the ticket, doesn't automatically entitle you to enjoy yourself. In truth, it would seem strange not having to avoid the "Camera Gestapo". England appears to be the worst country for this type of "jobsworth" behaviour.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:

It would seem that the price of the ticket, doesn't automatically entitle you to enjoy yourself. In truth, it would seem strange not having to avoid the "Camera Gestapo". England appears to be the worst country for this type of "jobsworth" behaviour.
hmmm I'd be interested to hear what it's like in the States, but on personal experience it does seem as if the UK is pretty bad.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: seemed perfectly OK at the Alte Oper, so I don't know why these winners are so zealous
hmmm I'd be interested to hear what it's like in the States, but on personal experience it does seem as if the UK is pretty bad.
The UK is pretty bad on everything these days :oops: :evil: