TD Live music at small venues

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: It would seem that the price of the ticket, doesn't automatically entitle you to enjoy yourself. In truth, it would seem strange not having to avoid the "Camera Gestapo". England appears to be the worst country for this type of "jobsworth" behaviour.
hmmm I'd be interested to hear what it's like in the States, but on personal experience it does seem as if the UK is pretty bad.
The UK is pretty bad on everything these days :oops: :evil:
I didn't know you wrote headlines for the Daily Mail mate? ;)....actually I tend to agree
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

If i came into any sort of decent money :arrow: i would be gone mate,and i mean every word of that.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:If i came into any sort of decent money :arrow: i would be gone mate,and i mean every word of that.
I think you've mentioned it before mate. You'd miss the rain! ;)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:loads of anti-photo clowns at the roundhouse I should add
I noticed - could hardly find any photos on line...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

epsilon75 wrote:If i came into any sort of decent money :arrow: i would be gone mate,and i mean every word of that.
I'd be the same TBH - the UK belongs to the tabloid media now... the lowest common denominator.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

billythefish wrote:
I'd be the same TBH - the UK belongs to the tabloid media now... the lowest common denominator.

I left ENgerlanD years ago :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
redziller

Post by redziller »

bigmoog wrote:
billythefish wrote:

A "why is england so shabby" thread is required.

It really saddens me how, from an increasingly metropocentric point of view we don't have pride in our national identity. It's a very complex area to get in to but we seem to be ashamed of promoting englishness from a curious hybrid of the older reticence for self-promotion with a modern political strain of thought that with all people being equal it's evil to promote yourself.

I blame TV myself. I can't think of a good reason for anyone under 16 to know what a TV is let alone to be familiar with the at best trivial at worst spitefull nasty sh1t that generates advertising revenue and prostrates itself before it's audience to increase said revenue. And tabloids must compete at that level. I'd be glad to see Maddy joined safe to her parents but the continued, detailed, speculative reporting on her disappearance has IMHO been nothing short of vile voyeurism.

There's good here, a great deal, but we've lost our way IMHO
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

redziller wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
billythefish wrote: I'd be the same TBH - the UK belongs to the tabloid media now... the lowest common denominator.

A "why is england so shabby" thread is required.

It really saddens me how, from an increasingly metropocentric point of view we don't have pride in our national identity. It's a very complex area to get in to but we seem to be ashamed of promoting englishness from a curious hybrid of the older reticence for self-promotion with a modern political strain of thought that with all people being equal it's evil to promote yourself.

I blame TV myself. I can't think of a good reason for anyone under 16 to know what a TV is let alone to be familiar with the at best trivial at worst spitefull nasty sh1t that generates advertising revenue and prostrates itself before it's audience to increase said revenue. And tabloids must compete at that level. I'd be glad to see Maddy joined safe to her parents but the continued, detailed, speculative reporting on her disappearance has IMHO been nothing short of vile voyeurism.

There's good here, a great deal, but we've lost our way IMHO
I share your sentiments Peter. You have to sort the wheat from the chaff or you'd sink into a mire of depression. The tabloid media have a lot to answer for and sadly most of the population believe their vile drivel. Thank goodness for the sanity of this forum! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:loads of anti-photo clowns at the roundhouse I should add

I don't understand what the problem is. If the band are happy for you to take pictures, then the venue should keep quiet IMO.
Me neither, I can think of many places they would be better off spending the money rather than p*ss*ng off the punters.